NEWS

Experiences running Third Parallel?

• 2 Replies

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« on: <08-28-23/1420:59> »
(I've also asked this on the ShadowRun reddit, but I've not quite given up on these forums)

Have any of you started running Third Parallel (or even done prep work for running it)?  I've got a few other runs to deal with first, but I'm ramping up to take things back to Denver in my home game, and would appreciate any reports from what others have found. 

I'm maybe half way through re-reading it so far, and about a quarter of the way on taking notes.  So far I'm not seeing major issues, but there are often some issues that I miss until I'm in the middle of running something, so any experiences (good and bad) are appreciated.

Chuz

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <08-28-23/1605:16> »
I've been running it on my stream for about 14 months now.  My team are on mission #31 of 35.

I'm a terrible GM and screw up rules more often than not but we have fun and my players know quite a bit as they tend to be on the power-player end of the spectrum.  The gaps and outright contradictions in the SR6 rules don't help me much either but after a bit of a rant on my part we work through them :D  I am also new to Shadowrun via SR6 as of November 2020.  I do try to contribute and advocate for the game but enthusiasm does not impart expertise  :)

I've found the campaign interesting but confusing.  The plot is a bit convoluted and I don't find it easy to keep up with what's going on.  My players, I think, checked out on understanding what was going on at a micro level months ago but they've got the general idea.  Much of this is likely on me, my poor understanding and my poor ability to express the subtleties of the story to the players.

In the hands of a more capable GM, one able to RP better/more and flesh out the NPC interactions better it could be a really cool campaign.  As it is myself and my players have enjoyed it enough that we're on session 38 this week.

Enjoy,
Chuz
--
My SR6 The Third Parallel actual play playlist on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_Ai2J-t3Co&list=PL8jwsQLaTMPZIJ70hYhFeW6Z7JPDdTNu0
--
CDT Agent #1025
Maintainer Roll20 Shadowrun Sixth World Character Sheet
Maintainer Roll20 API Initiative Tracker Plus

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #2 on: <08-28-23/1922:08> »
Thanks for the reply! 

The fact that you didn't add "and there was that one mission that was just fubar when I tried to run it" is reassuring!  Ditto that you have run it mostly from the book.

Do you recall if any particular runs caused you trouble?