NEWS

[SR6] Body Shop errata

• 33 Replies

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« on: <06-29-23/0321:43> »
[pg 33-35] False Face - listed Capacity Cost of 8, but the largest Capacity in a cyberskull is 4. And the cyberskull you'd expect it to be used in, the Synthetic one, has a Capacity of only 2. Even with maxed Bulk Modification, you cannot place False Face into a synthetic cyberskull.

-k
« Last Edit: <06-29-23/1640:30> by KarmaInferno »

Katerchen

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <06-29-23/0511:05> »
The DNA Masking options are missing in the Augmentic Geneware Table.

So, text is there, but no game stats regarding costs or availability in the table.
Versuchen Sie's mal mit Wagner, da klebt mehr Blut dran.

Lewis Greywolf

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #2 on: <06-29-23/0905:26> »
About a month after it went to print we noticed that. Here's what it should be. It will make it into the FAQ sooner or later.

DNA MASKING
GeneClear           2 months           .1               6(I)            35,000¥
Masque                2 weeks            .2               4(I)            28,000¥
Reprint                 1 month             .1               5(I)            23,000¥
Shuffle                 2 weeks              .2               4(I)           18,000¥
Louis "Graywolf" Ray
Freelancer
SRM Missions Writer
Catalyst Demo Team

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <06-29-23/1059:50> »

[pg 49] Shotgun Knee - not really an errata, but seems weirdly overspecialized. I don't see a reason to restrict it to just a knee strike, it could have just been called an "Impact Shotgun" and be allowed to be installed for any single unarmed attack, like shotgun punch, shotgun elbow, shotgun kick, etc.

-k

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <06-29-23/1643:26> »
Broke this out into it's own post:

[pg 46] Modular systems:

a) the Modular Mount has an Essence Cost of 0.4, but is this in addition to the associated cyberlimb Essence Cost, or instead of?

b) Does an attached cyberlimb ALSO need the Modular Connector part?

c) if I have a full cyberlimb and add in a Modular Connector at the elbow to be able to swap out just the forearm, do we use the Partial Cyberlimb capacity for the forearm part? So an Obvious cyberarm with a connector at the elbow would have 10 Capacity in the forearm and 5 in the upper arm, and two Capacity is taken up by the connector? Is the Capacity Cost of the connector taken out of the upper or lower arm? If I have a similar Synthetic cyberarm with an elbow connector, can I plug in an Obvious lower cyberarm?

d) if I am attaching a full cyberlimb to a cyber torso, do I use a Modular Mount or a Modular Connector?

e) Can the cybernetic Shells from pg 178 be fitted with modular connectors? When removed, how much Capacity is in each body part?

I get the distinct feeling that the modular section was not meant for multi-part limbs.

-k
« Last Edit: <07-02-23/1504:48> by KarmaInferno »

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <07-04-23/1056:13> »

[pg 49] Shotgun Knee - not really an errata, but seems weirdly overspecialized. I don't see a reason to restrict it to just a knee strike, it could have just been called an "Impact Shotgun" and be allowed to be installed for any single unarmed attack, like shotgun punch, shotgun elbow, shotgun kick, etc.

-k

This one reads a little odd to me too.  It's not clear mechanically how it works.  Should you resolve an unarmed attack first and then the shotgun, or use the mechanics provided for the martial arts style where the weapon attack replaces the unarmed one?  I'd assume (and rule it as) the latter myself, but I'm curious about the RAI.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <07-06-23/1951:32> »

[pg 50] Implanted Drone Racks - Table is a little unclear on how they work. The table has stats for "Drone Rack", but then has two other entries for "Micro/Mini drone" and "Small drone". Text description has zero explanation on how to apply the numbers.

Is the "Drone Rack" only for installing them into a meat body? It has an Essence Cost, a Capacity rating, it's own Availability and nuyen Cost.

The two other entries have no Essence Cost, a Capacity Cost, their own Availability Ratings and nuyen Costs.

If you have a meat body and install the Drone Rack, do you also need the Micro/Mini or Small drone options? If so why do the Capacity costs come out uneven compared to the Capacity of the Drone Rack? The Rack has a Capacity rating of 15, but the Micro/Mini drone has a Capacity Cost of 6 and the Small drone a Capacity Cost of 25.Which means the Drone Rack can fit two Micro/Mini mini drones but frustratingly will have 3 Capacity Rating not usable. Meanwhile you can't fit a Small drone into the implanted Drone Rack at all.

Needs clarification.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <07-06-23/2001:48> »

[pg 36-37] Rolling Audio and Video Recorder - not really an errata, but why do these exist at all? It has been a long running thing that cybereyes and ears have always been able to dump their streams to storage for later viewing. Can you not do that automatically anymore? What about SimRigs, can they no longer do what their entire purpose revolves around?

These are options that flat out just remove an ability everyone has always had already, locking it behind a new cost. They honestly would be best off just deleted.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <07-07-23/0007:58> »

[pg 178] Cybernetic Shells - The Shells come with the "voice modulator" augmentation, but what rating it comes as is not mentioned.

-k

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <07-07-23/1956:24> »

[pg 37] - Single Cybereye - a Rating 1 Single Cybereye has "half the capacity" of the normal paired version, which means it would have a Capacity of 0.5. As half a Capacity point is useless, does this mean actually has zero Capacity, 1 Capacity, or does a Rating 1 Single Cybereye not exist?

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <07-07-23/2027:26> »
[pg 29-30] Cortex Bombs -  None of the Cortex bombs have ratings for their damage, area of effect, or other bomb-related stats. Cortex bombs exist in the corebook, so a page reference should be mentioned.

-k
« Last Edit: <11-23-23/1739:19> by KarmaInferno »

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <07-08-23/0128:04> »

[pg 82-83] Diseases, drugs, toxins, radiation - This section introduces a number of new drugs and diseases, etc but is in the middle of the Nanoware chapter for some reason. Probably needs to be moved.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <07-08-23/2202:42> »

[pg 171] Uncontrolled Metastasis - Typo, "cancerour" should be "cancerous".

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <07-09-23/0118:38> »

[pg 168] Redliner - If someone with Redliner has MORE than two pairs of cyberlimbs, possible with multi-armed Nartaki or similar, they do not get any further Strength or Agility beyond the +2, but do the extra pairs of limbs still all get the Condition Monitor box penalty?

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #14 on: <07-09-23/0923:17> »
P. 101   Atavism and Transgenics.  Appear to be a complicated mechanical trap. 

Transgenic Mods as Bioware (p. 101/102) are strictly worse than used quality unless paired with "In a previous life I was a Unicorn".

Minor Transgenic Cosmetic Infusion is expensive Biosculpting. 

Moderate Transgenic Cosmetic Infusions are a mixed bag at best, mechanically.  If taken at char gen do the qualities count to the six limit?  What happens if they take you over the 20 bonus Karma from Negative qualities?

I like the idea but the à la carte options are mostly better and a lot easier.  Should be the other way around.