NEWS

Duluth why is it haunted?

• 12 Replies

Cranstonvm

• Chummer
  • Dragons everywhere!!!
« on: <04-17-11/0144:07> »
 I read a little history about the city, a lot of people died fairly quickly at the beginning of the 20th century. Is this the reason the city is higher than New Orleans  for hauntings? (According to the sixth world almanac) Is there more reason now in the sixth age?
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

International Dieselpunk day November 12th http://www.dieselpunks.org/ for more information!

TsovLoj

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <04-17-11/0312:27> »
I'm playing in a game set in MN so I'd like to hear this too, actually.

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <04-17-11/1015:17> »
The lutefisk Awakened?  ;)
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Gnomercy

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <05-10-11/0156:22> »
As a former IRL citizen of Duluth, that would be my guess....I'm intrigued that the city of my alma mater is there :-)

Blond Goth Girl

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <05-10-11/1732:34> »
Actually, I'm a long time ATL resident and I'm a little shocked about the Duluth thing.  I'm surprised it wouldn't be cabbage town and the Grant Cemetery area.

Gnomercy

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <05-10-11/2013:20> »
Now I'm wondering if it's Duluth, Minnesota or Duluth, Georgia....I don't have the book, so I don't have a way to look it up :-P

TsovLoj

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <05-13-11/0256:27> »
There's a Duluth in Georgia?

Blond Goth Girl

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <05-13-11/0645:30> »
Indeed and it is NE of true ATL but considered part of metro ATL

Cranstonvm

• Chummer
  • Dragons everywhere!!!
« Reply #8 on: <05-15-11/1854:13> »
Nothing is mentioned about Duluth, GA having anything about massive or strange deaths on Wikipedia.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

International Dieselpunk day November 12th http://www.dieselpunks.org/ for more information!

Gnomercy

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <05-17-11/1932:03> »
Nothing is mentioned about Duluth, GA having anything about massive or strange deaths on Wikipedia.

I just took a look at the Sixth World Wiki....Duluth, MN is on there, but not Duluth, GA:  http://wiki.dumpshock.com/index.php/United_Canadian_and_American_States

I'm guessing since Duluth, GA is considered a part of the ATL metro area that it was absorbed into that 'plex.  Duluth, MN is about a 3 hour drive from Minneapolis. 

Warwolf

• Newb
  • I see you.
« Reply #10 on: <05-18-11/0048:10> »
I'd spout something about a horde of maniacs swinging deadly lutefisks and slaughtering countless thousands - but having lived in Minnesota from birth to present (I was actually born fairly close to Duluth) and never having even seen a lutefisk, I wouldn't want to overly-reinforce that stereotype. =P

But back on topic, looking at a timeline I found it says that in 2027:
-Parabiologicals appear in Northern Minnesota carrying new and dangerous virus strains.

Also in 2039:
-Alamos 20,000 attempts a mass murder spree in Duluth, Minnesota. Eleven members of the terrorist group are captured but escape the day before being turned over to state authorities.

So essentially the hardy Minnesotans were defeated by swine-flu and terrorists. It was only this combination that could stand a chance against us.

Source:
http://www.hoboes.com/pub/Role-Playing/Shadowrun/Timelines/timeline.html

I think it might be from a previous edition or something, not sure if it is actually a legitimate timeline.
"A wise man is superior to any insults which can be put upon him, and the best reply to unseemly behavior is patience and moderation."
-Moliere

Gnomercy

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <05-19-11/1737:05> »
So essentially the hardy Minnesotans were defeated by swine-flu and terrorists. It was only this combination that could stand a chance against us.

Source:
http://www.hoboes.com/pub/Role-Playing/Shadowrun/Timelines/timeline.html

I think it might be from a previous edition or something, not sure if it is actually a legitimate timeline.

I'm running with that timeline for my game, FWIW.

There may be mutated lutefisk though :-D

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #12 on: <07-26-11/2233:05> »
Superior she keeps her dead. But not as well as she used to?
"Always Trust Mr. Johnson, always. Just make sure he knows he'd regret betraying that trust."