NEWS

3e support

• 5 Replies

HazardGM

• Newb
« on: <03-19-11/1833:33> »
Seems that this is a solely 4e forum, as I have been told several times. Does anyone know of a forum where I can discussus 3e games rules?

All in all I have had some nice reception for this forum but I am told a couple times that this is a 4e forum and that I shouldn't expect much in the way of sugestions/opinions/discussion on the subject.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #1 on: <03-19-11/2144:55> »
It's a shadowrun forum you can ask here. There's also www.dumpshock.com where you can ask questions.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #2 on: <03-19-11/2223:03> »
Oh, don't direct him to that den of sick, twisted deviants!

They welcomed me, after all.   :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

savaze

• Omae
  • I'm a zombie/quadriplegic hybrid
« Reply #3 on: <03-20-11/1712:32> »
Maybe the mods will make a separate category for 3e?!  Until then keep posting with 3e in the title and those of us who still have the books will chime in...

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #4 on: <03-20-11/1859:56> »
Seems that this is a solely 4e forum, as I have been told several times. Does anyone know of a forum where I can discussus 3e games rules?

All in all I have had some nice reception for this forum but I am told a couple times that this is a 4e forum and that I shouldn't expect much in the way of sugestions/opinions/discussion on the subject.
It's not so much that you shouldn't expect much info or support or discussion about SR3, it's that it's a great big tangled mess when SR3 inserts itself into an SR4 rules thread (or vice versa).  There were some pretty big changes between the editions, and when someone's talking about Move by Wire (or anything else from the long, long, list of things with the same name) it's important we all be "on the same page" during that discussion.  So if SR3 conversations are gonna happen, they need to be clearly delineated as such, to keep everyone from crossing wires and misunderstanding stuff, is all.

In my opinion, at any rate.

Loki

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <03-20-11/1917:26> »
I think the problem isn't that folks are disinterested in helping with 3e questions, it's more about when you answer 4e questions with 3e answers, as I've seen you do more than once. Not tellin ya to zip it or anything, you seam to be an honestly helpful person. It's just when you first got here you didn't realize you were doing so. Now that you realize the situation here, edition wise, and we know where you're coming from it shouldn't be a problem. :)