NEWS

Looking in Portland OR

• 15 Replies

whistlingtony

• Newb
« on: <03-13-11/1804:58> »
Hi All,

I'm looking for players in Portland OR. I like running Low Fantasy games... No lasers, no uber death matches, you're not going to be taking down Aztechnology next weekend... I prefer good roleplay, character depth, and good folks to hang out with.

I'm 32 and have a life. Schedules are hard to arrange with Work, School, Kids, Etc... No Worries. I am looking to play perhaps once a month. 

I have been a GM for around 17 years. I've already done the silly stage, the Give The Players Everything stage, the Miser DM stage, etc... I've mellowed. I try to weave a good story and keep everyone engaged and challenged.

:D I'd love to join a game too.

-Tony

Deliverator

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <03-22-11/2222:37> »
Hey whistlingtony, how are you? You find any new players? I'm interested, where in Portland do you guys game? I dabbled a bit in High school but I have had trouble finding GMs for any P&P rpg.

whistlingtony

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <03-23-11/2146:02> »
Hiya,

I'm up in North Portland, towards St. Johns. I have also tried to start something through meetup... We'll see. So far, it's just me and a few friends that MAY be able to play... I suspect it's just me.

-Tony

Deliverator

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <03-23-11/2159:06> »
Seems difficult to find people interested in these sort of things in Portland that aren't flakes and aren't stoners with ADHD and memory problems.

whistlingtony

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <03-24-11/0222:30> »
LOL, there is actually a meetup group for people that smoke pot here. Ya gotta love Portland....

Email me at whistlingtony@yahoo.com... I'll check it and send you my non spam email. :D Lets see if we can do this? We'd still need to find some more people though...

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #5 on: <03-25-11/0420:35> »
You playing 4th ed?

I'm potentially down, let you know in a week or so.
« Last Edit: <03-25-11/0422:06> by Kontact »

Caduceus

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <03-27-11/1929:20> »
I'm also interested if I can manage to make it work with my work schedule, which is somewhat erratic. Shall I e-mail you?

Deliverator

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <03-27-11/2112:37> »
Where in Portland are you guys? I'm in Hillsboro, west of Portland.

Caduceus

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <03-31-11/1223:07> »
I'm in Beaverton, less west of Portland.

whistlingtony

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <04-02-11/2335:05> »
Woh! responses! Hi guys,

Yes, I play 4th ed. I'm in Portland, up in St. Johns neighborhood, although I also have a place to game in Hillsboro. If all of you would email me, perhaps we can work something out.  I prefer Sundays or Mondays, although every other Wednesday works for me.

email me at whistlingtony@yahoo.com. It's my spam account, so it might take me a bit to weed through all the crud and find your emails. I will respond though.

Hey! A potential group... Excellent.

-Tony

whistlingtony

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <04-12-11/1132:53> »
It looks like we're up to three people. (one from meetup.com). Anyone else interested?

Tony

egoprovince

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <04-22-11/1358:37> »
I'm Very Interested.

egoprovince

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <04-25-11/1921:50> »
Did this game get started? Was I too late? These questions and more eagerly looking for a response.

Memento Mori

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <07-13-11/0121:11> »
I'm unsure if any of you are still looking to play or already have a game going, but myself and a friend recently have gotten into Shadowrun and were looking to play it for the first time, but we need more people. If any of you have space in a game or would like to play just reply as I can't wait to get my first taste of tabletop goodness.

Dylan

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <09-07-11/1917:48> »
I am in Portland and interested in playing or GMing.  Let me know.