Urban Brawl -- 3rd Scenario (finished)

• 119 Replies

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #30 on: <03-20-11/0147:59> »
*Surprise roll (8d6.hits(5)=4) +*add to surprise roll. (3d6.hits(5)=2)=6
Initiative roll (8d6.hits(5)=1)=9+6*=15

Brick keeps his gun out and waits for Zach's que as to how he should react.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #31 on: <03-20-11/2246:07> »
[OOC:Surprise: init 9 + alert 3 = (12d6.hits(5)=4)Initiative: (9d6.hits(5)=3).  Unknown assailant has Init score 12.  Heavyweapons 4 + Agility 8 = (12d6.hits(5)=3)Scatter (2d6=7), becomes 4 m.  I usually make it bounce off walls, but to be nice i'll say it's 2m away Zach.Direction (1d6=2) 12/12Wall resists grenade: (38d6.hits(5)=13).  24P is damage to wall, and this is brought down to 11P which leaves the wall with 1 point of structure left, but it holds.]

@Zach:
The footsteps disappear as you hear another door open to what sounds like the stairwell and then slowly swing shut again.  Suddenly you hear a sound like something flying out of a tube and before you can even react a massive explosion slams right into you.

[OOC:  The orange dot is where an airburst frag mini-grenade went off.   10P coming at you from initial blast, 8P from chunky salsa effect for a total of 18P.  Resist with impact armor +5.  If it's not enough to stay alive burn edge if you have to man.  If you survive and the damage is more than your body, then you're prone and need to do a Body+Will (2) to stand up and move.]

@Stryker:

Still being prone as the blast funnels down the hallway you try as best you can to shield your face.

[OOC: damage resist 2P with impact armor +5.  You're surprised for the first IP, but you can hold your action until the 2nd IP.  When your turn does come around though, I suggest you keep an eye on the astral.]

@Brick:

You see the blast and quickly turn away, a piece of shrapnel pinging off of your armor.
[OOC: you're far enough way for no damage and you're not surprised.  You're up.  Move yourself around on the map so that everything is clear.]

CT2, IP1: Zach-14(surprised), Unknown shooter - 12, Brick-9, Stryker-8(surprised)
Wounds: Stryker {10S (-3 wound mod)}
« Last Edit: <03-20-11/2312:00> by inca1980 »

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #32 on: <03-21-11/0439:12> »
Damage resistance vs. Airburs frag grenade (18DV) Body(4)+ImpA(4)+AP(5)+Edge(2)/(6+) (15d6.hitsopen(5,6)=6)

Means 12 Boxes of damage
Dead Cat has 8 combat turns to bleed in pieces before Its dead definitively.
« Last Edit: <03-21-11/0506:29> by Sichr »

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <03-21-11/1118:34> »
Brick's eyes go wide from the explosion at the end of the hall, his wired reflexes bearly acting in time to shield his face from the shrapnel. "Zach, Styker, if can hear me, I'm flanking the shooter. Hang on! " Brick sends commands to his panther to load up,  then pulls a 180 and moves down the opposite  hallway, flanking the source of the grenade fire, while opening the panthers holster.

(OOC: Brick drops his Ingram X to pull out the panther, but it is slung to his body so it's still easy to reach if he needs it.)
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #34 on: <03-21-11/1519:59> »
[OOC: Ok, Zach is 2 boxes into overflow damage so he'll take another box of damage every 4 combat turns, so like Sichr said, he's got 8 CT's to live.  Also Zach, I want you to roll an Edge(1) test to see if something broke inside you at all.  It won't give you more damage, just see if there's something more permanent.]

@Brick:

Through the cloud of smoke, the thermographic channel of your cyber-eyes picks up Zach's form and the even brighter red which the heat from his blood gives off let's you know that he's hit bad, real bad.  You whip around the northern corner of the wall and make your way down the other end of the hallway. 

[OOC: At a running speed a troll can only go 12 m/IP, that should put you just about right in front of the door to room 507.  If you spend a simple instead of a free you can sprint and each hit on a running test would give you an extra meter.  Just fix it on your map and edit into your post.]

@Stryker:

You look down the hall at where the blast was and through a cloud of dust you see shrapnel holes completely checkering the walls of the hallway and Zach's motionless crumpled form is lying in a pool of blood.  [OOC: visibility is -2 normal/-1 lowlight/0 thermo/-1 Ultrasound]

[OOC: Ok now it's the 2nd IP but you have your delayed action from the first IP and you get to act first.  Remember, you're prone so you need to do that test and spend a simple to get up.  Just a strategy note: if you're gonna cast spells, you should probably overcast cuz only 1 box of stun will take you out, so you'd rather have physical damage.  Zach's gotta be stabilized first though.]
« Last Edit: <03-21-11/1621:52> by inca1980 »

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #35 on: <03-21-11/1540:36> »
« Last Edit: <03-22-11/0549:01> by Sichr »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #36 on: <03-22-11/0306:54> »
Quote from: Getting up...
Body(3)+Willpower(5)-3 (5d6.hits(5)=4)
Stryker barely managed to get up, feeling the pain wrecking his body in waves that made him stumble instead of walking. He tried to keep low, and at the same time to concentrate on getting to Zach, and not fainting on the way. He knew there is another attacker, but he didn't care. He felt half dead inside already, and he couldn't risk to be a second too late to save a teammate - one who was down because he failed to warn him...
« Last Edit: <03-24-11/1207:15> by Kot »
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #37 on: <03-25-11/0334:41> »
CT2, IP2: Unknown shooter - 12, Brick-9, Stryker-8
Wounds: Stryker {10S (-3 wound mod)}, Zach{12P(bleeding)}

[OOC: Scatter: (2d6=10)Shooter's minigrenade: Heavyweapons 4 + Agility 8 = (12d6.hits(5)=7)Scatter direction: (1d6=3).  Door definitely doesn't hold so there's no chunky salsa.  Stryker roll your defense roll at a -2 since it's a grenade and also wound modifiers.  Each hit will take you 1 m further away from blast point and reduce DV by 1.  Right now the DV on you is 9P and you eventually resist it with +5 to your impact armor.  The number of hits you get is how far away from the grenade blast you can get (orange dot).  Zach has 10P that he has to resist.  Now is probably the time to Burn Edge if you want to live.  Brick is up.]

CT2, IP2: Unknown shooter - 12, Brick-9, Stryker-8
Wounds: Stryker {10S (-3 wound mod)}, Zach{12P(bleeding)}

« Last Edit: <03-25-11/0430:35> by inca1980 »

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <03-25-11/2341:33> »
Brick hear's the second explosion and knows he doesn't have time to think. He turns and with the panther's barrel almost touching the wall in front of him opens up with a wide burst (6d6.hits(5)=1), Then turns  again and fires a second (6d6.hits(5)=0)>:( using edge to re-roll...) (6d6.hits(5)=1) (and edge again to avoid a glitch!). No sooner than the panther's last shell casing is ejected Brick Takes off down the hall way again continuing to flank around.

(*edit)
*perception roll at -2 (2d6.hits(5)=1)
*infiltration at -2 (5d6.hits(5)=2)
*shot placement on the map
« Last Edit: <03-28-11/1522:46> by Teyl_Iliar »
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #39 on: <03-26-11/1732:30> »
@Brick:

As soon as you released the bursts which rocked the hallway with more deafening booms and took off around the corner you were not sure if you hit anything or not but you do know for sure that you had to have made quite an impression.  You quickly pull up the building blueprint schematic that Larry gave you to fill in the details on room 512. 

[OOC: You only moved like 9 m, so I moved you 3 more down the hall cuz you run at 12m/IP.  Also roll a perception check and an infiltration check at -2 just so I can have them on hand to use them if need be.  Also don't worry about the glitch on the edge reroll, i won't count that so keep the point of edge you spent to negate it.]

@Stryker:

As soon as you stumble your way over to Zach, nearly falling over yourself with dizziness, you jump on top of his bloody body knowing that being almost too weak to cast with any reliability there is only one way to try to save this Russian Ork from the next blast that most surely will come since your AR overlay shows Brick's icon still not on the other side of the southern hallway where he could lay down suppressive fire to pin down the shooter. 

Then it suddenly hits.

[OOC: resist the damage from the grenade and Zach also just burned edge in order to survive so this is how i'm explaining his edge burn because it fits in with how you were trying to be altruistic and save Zach.]

« Last Edit: <03-26-11/1835:28> by inca1980 »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #40 on: <03-28-11/0715:26> »
Quote from: Def roll
Ref 3 - 2(grenade)-3(wounds)= -2, so no roll is possible
Stryker reacts to the explosion in the only way he can think of, as he hears the grenade popping... He covers Zach as much as he can, taking the brunt of the impact and bracing himself for the wave of pain that will follow. He's a well-trained magical killing machine, but now he's using those skills to save lives... The killing part will come later. If he survives this. He smiles, as the shrapnel needles hit his back...
Quote from: Damage Resistance - Body(3)+Armor(6)+Modifier(5)
Body(3)+Armor(6)+Modifier(5) (14d6.hits(5)=3) I cannot use Edge - I will need it to save Zach. So, I'll probably die here on the next shot. Doesn't matter, that's the way he'd want to go...
Anyway, Stryker takes 6P damage. He's at -5. Pretty much dead in one IP.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #41 on: <03-28-11/1440:45> »
CT2, IP3: Unknown shooter - 12, Brick-9
Wounds: Stryker{10S, 6P (-5 wound mod)}, Zach{12P(stabilized)}

@Stryker:
As soon as you feel the impact of the explosion and the bite of the shrapnel, the world goes completely silent after the deafening blast and when you open your eyes all you can see is the dense cloud of dust which surrounds you and Zach's motionless bloody corpse.  You know instantly that you survived the blast at least for now but you freeze still and close your eyes again preparing for another grenade.  At least this one would end the pain that you feel start to spread from your back and envelop your whole body. 

[OOC: The unknown shooter's 3rd IP goes by without any action that you can detect.  Roll initiative because it's Brick's 3rd action phase and then the new CT starts.]

@Brick:

You wait to hear another grenade blast as you run down the western hall but it doesn't come which gives you hope that your shots through the apartment at least hopefully made at least the hallway shooter change his defensive position.

[OOC: Take your 3rd IP and then roll init.  I"ll make a little sub-houserule for shooting into the apartment.  Since you've only got short bursts, why don't you just draw 3 lines/WSB (1line/NSB) through the apartment that you want to be the trajectory of your shots and then i'll see who possibly gets hit.  That way there's a chance to hit multiple people.  Since you got major AP, it'll cut through the wall like butter so just draw a line and they'll roll edge + reaction (TH=hits on your attack test).  The inner walls have a smaller armor rating so you'd get through those no prob i'll say.  If they fail, they have to resist 10P for wide bursts, 15P for narrowbursts.]
« Last Edit: <03-28-11/1740:19> by inca1980 »

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <03-28-11/1520:41> »
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #43 on: <03-30-11/1147:59> »
CT3, IP1: Brick-9, Stryker-6
Wounds: Stryker{10S, 6P (-5 wound mod)}, Zach{12P(stabilized)}

@Everyone:

[OOC: Brick's up.  I took unknown shooter off initiative list because you no longer have information about him, but keep acting in Combat Turns since I need to coordinate secret actions in relation to your team's actions.  You and Kot can act at the same time though when there's no other people on the list so you don't necessarily have to wait for the other teammate to post....just keep the actions in your post in the form of an Action Phase....i.e. free, simple, complex actions.]

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #44 on: <03-30-11/1433:52> »
Brick takes the corner of the hall way gun facing forward hoping for a target to to shred. After accessing that he's clear he turns to the wall and fires another burst at the apartment.(First burst wide -6 blind fire (6d6.hits(5)=1)) He Immediately turns on the balls of his feet and takes off down to the corner of the hallway, "Styker! get low and stay low!" Brick subvocializes, then fires another burst into the entry hallway of the apartment where he figures the shooter of the grenade launcher as taken cover. (second burst wide -6 blind fire. (6d6.hits(5)=2))

(OOC: both bursts are wide bursts)
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm