Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <03-11-11/1742:52> »
@Brick:

You try the service closet door very gently and find that it's locked.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #17 on: <03-12-11/0906:42> »
« Last Edit: <03-12-11/1006:36> by Sichr »

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <03-14-11/0222:51> »
[OOC:  Spirit's surprise: init 13 + alerted 3 = (16d6.hits(5)=4)Spirit's init 13= (13d6.hits(5)=4).  Surprise 4, Init score 17. Spirit's subduing attack: Agil 8 + Unarmed 5= (13d6.hits(5)=3)Edge reroll= (10d6.hits(5)=3).  6 net hits.  Str 2 + 6 net hits=8 is greater than Stryker's Astral Body attribute (Willpower 5).   Stryker's Astral form is subdued.]

Just as you realize what is lighting up the hallway's Astral space like a floodlight,

you see a ghastly shaped spirit of air slam into you and, like a serpent, wrap you up before you get a chance to even move much less draw your weapon foci.   It starts hissing and you try to move but it starts squeezing tighter and tighter into a vice-grip and you feel a tinge of panic upon realizing that you can't make it back to your body which lies just below you until it lets you go. 

CT1, IP1: Spirit-17, Zach-14, Brick-9, Stryker-9

[OOC:  Brick and Zach can take an action phase when they want this IP, but remember, you don't know anything about what's going on because Stryker is motionless right now, so act accordingly.  This IP Stryker can do actions which do not require (astral) physical movement nor act against the Spirit.  On the next IP after the Spirit goes again, you can start trying to get out with a complex action and a Strength + Astral Combat (6) test,  or act normally in a way that doesn't require (astral) physical movement.  Since it's wrapped around you, you do have LOS to it for spellcasting.]

« Last Edit: <03-14-11/0231:18> by inca1980 »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #19 on: <03-14-11/0740:36> »
Stryker grins madly, and the frown resonates through the Astral, like an afterimage. His physical form also smiles lightly.
"I should have expected this."
He looks at the coils surrounding him, and beyond them even...
[ Intuition(5)+Assensing(2) (7d6.hits(5)=3) ]
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <03-14-11/1108:11> »
@Stryker: 

You see the Astral signature of another magic user intimately intertwined with the spirit of air's aura which is most likely bound to him or her.  You can't tell whether this one with the talent is more or less powerful than you but judging by the strength of this spirit you know he can't be an amateur.  Almost to reassure you the serpentine form of the spirit squeezes you even tighter.

[OOC: The spirit squeezes and inflicts 2S subdual damage, resist damage, impact armor applies.  Now you can act normally except for actions which require movement.]

@Brick & Zach:
[OOC: If you guys wanna do something different take an action phase, otherwise i'll just cycle between Stryker and the Spirit but will keep you on the init list.]

CT1, IP2: Spirit-17, Zach-14, Brick-9, Stryker-9
« Last Edit: <03-15-11/1358:54> by inca1980 »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #21 on: <03-14-11/1308:34> »
Stryker squirms, trying to get out of the spirits grip... He braced himself, and felt his magical form strengthen and resist the spirit's attempt. It felt weirdly difficult, so he let the spell he was sustaining fade into nothingness, and in the physical realm his body suddenly re-appeared.
Astral Damage Resistance (5d6.hits(5)=3)
He felt calm, even though he's in the serpentine coil of a hostile spirit. It wasn't strong enough to hurt him, even if it had the upper hand for a while. He let the Manastreams reach him, instead of reaching out for them, and felt the surge of power flowing through his astral body, sending a tingling shiver down his spine... and then he released it, targeting the bond between the Spirit, and it's summoner.
Quote from: Banishing test
Magic(4)+Banishing(2)+Edge(3) (9d6.hitsopen(5,6)=9)
« Last Edit: <03-14-11/1918:41> by Kot »
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <03-15-11/1212:13> »
@Stryker:
[OOC: Banishing resist: Force 5 + Summoner's Magic 5= (10d6.hits(5)=6).  You got 3 net hits and that's enough to take the services owed to zero and it's banished.  The drain coming in that you have to resist though is 12S.  If you resist this and want to place the spirit under your own control then make a summoning test against it.]

You yell forth with a powerful astral scream of color and raw emotion commanding the spirit to cease to obey it's master and free itself from his bond.  The spirit suddenly loosens its grip on you and you feel a sense of relief emanating from it the moment it is released from its pact with its original summoner.  The astral whiplash from breaking the powerful bond hits you like the snapping of taught rubberband and hits you so hard you need to brace yourself to fight its energies.  As you fight unconsciousness you notice that instead of departing into the meta-planes as most freed spirits choose to, it's eye-less form just hovers there momentarily staring at you with it's maw wide open.  All of a sudden it speaks in a voice that just doesn't do it's menacing astral form justice.  "Hoi chummer, thanks for doing me a solid there.  That sonuvabitch who bound me is in room 512 in case your lookin' for him.  Me, I'm gonna go manifest into something nice, hopefully get my drink on.  If you're gonna try to enslave me might as well just go ahead give it your best shot right now cuz bar time at Norki's is coming up soon and I wanna be outa here....I'm just sayin' omae"
« Last Edit: <03-15-11/1214:38> by inca1980 »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #23 on: <03-15-11/1246:29> »
Drain Resistance (+Edge) (13d6.hitsopen(5,6)=2)
Stryker is out like a light...

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <03-15-11/1340:37> »
@Stryker:

Just as you hear the spirits words your astral form slips into unconsciousness and floats there above your body.

@Brick & Zach: 

As soon as Zach makes it back to the elevators, both of you see Strykers body shimmer into view again and topple over from its sitting position.  Something's definitely wrong but you don't know what.  Down the hall turning the corner in the direction of 519, you hear a door open.
[OOC: keep your posts in action phases.]
« Last Edit: <03-15-11/1358:38> by inca1980 »

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #25 on: <03-15-11/1441:27> »
Brick see's Styker become visible again and his hand takes hold of his ingram X and using his smartlink chambers a round. (verifying that he's got stick and shocks in in the clip.) Then places himself between styker and anyone that might be coming.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <03-18-11/0904:43> »
OK. That would be all about being nice... Are you usualy jump into ambushes like this? Maybe next time we should do some recon before the action...we need to cut off the stairs now! Be carefull, they may come from multiple directions, not just one room!

Ill let this idea about a moment of surprise or wiring the elevator slip into oblivion, pulling out my HKs...both of them., one loaded with regular, one with Ex-ex. As I take the grip on them, skinlink connection activates two aiming crosses on my lenses. I switch to ultrasound(googles) and TG (lenses), considerring everyone else moving on the hallway except Brick and me (assuming Stryker incapable from what I read), the enemy=target.

I`ll listen to the area (sound filter set to footsteps (Active), weapon sounds, human breathing (allert))
Int(4)+perc(4)+Audio(3)= (11d6.hits(5)=1)
(shit happens..)

In case of anything found, I`ll use spatial recognizer
Int(4)+perc(4)+Audio(3)+Spatial rec(2)= (13d6.hits(5)=2)
(...all the time)

I`ll prepare for the combat
Magic(5)+ Agility boost(1) (6d6.hits(5)=2)
(my agil is now 6 for 4 combat turns-drain reminder)

and then I will run back to the corner (EDIT: across 519)...as stealthy as I can. (Ill stay in cover )
Agility(6)+Infil(3)+Improved ability(2)+cat(2)= (13d6.hits(5)=3)
« Last Edit: <03-18-11/0910:12> by Sichr »

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <03-19-11/1620:52> »
Stryker begins breathing much more heavily as his soul descends back into his body and he whips his eyes open, but quickly realizes he's quite weak as he tries to get up.

[OOC: Stryker roll a Body+Willpower (2) test with modifiers in order to stand up.]

Zach raises his hand in the air alerting Brick and Zach as his sound filter locks onto the foots steps coming slowly down the hallway from room 512. 

[OOC: everyone roll surprise with a +3.  Also roll initiative normally.]

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #28 on: <03-19-11/1627:05> »
Quote from: Rolls: Surprise and Initiative
Surprise roll (9d6.hits(5)=2)
Initiative(6) (6d6.hits(5)=2)
"Spellcaster..." Stryker manages only to whisper painfully to the others, fortunately his subvocal mic was able to read that from the whisper alone...

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <03-19-11/1659:21> »
« Last Edit: <03-20-11/0409:39> by Sichr »