NEWS

Good Number of Players

• 47 Replies

ARCimedes

• Newb
  • /i\(;,;)/i\
« Reply #30 on: <04-26-11/1929:19> »
I find that it really depends on your group of players some 3 PC groups were calamitous and would only last 3 sessions before I wanted to Kill all the Players (not the characters) ware as I ran a 16 player game for 2 years without a hitch and everyone had a blast later they had to split in to 2 groups of 6 and one of 4 and that is what I run now sadly we lost out on some of the day in the life of sessions it is still great to get them all together from time to time hand the 3 teams the same Run but with different objectives, this is where having a tablet with an auto roll program helps, I hand all of them the mission objectives on 3 different flash drives and let them at it.

It dose require a bit of maturity to handle PVP shadowrun and not metagame but thus far everyone is understanding and no ones feelings have gotten trashed

Wow, a group of 16 players is hard to pull off. We had about that many in one game that lasted a few months, but most of the players did not pay attention unless it was time to kill things. After Missing Blood, we took the name The Orkan Army.

I am looking at starting up a new game and I am not sure if the 4 players will be enough and am wondering if I should add two more. Right now we have 2 mages, a technomancer, and a street sam.

-ARCimedes
-ARCimedes

Are you sure you want a flame thrower?

DesVoeux

• Newb
  • Accipe Hoc
« Reply #31 on: <04-26-11/2035:11> »
Two mages, a technomancer, and a street samurai should be able to handle most anything. They could use a rigger and a face, but those are really secondary roles anyway.

It also sounds like the name of a sitcom. "Tonight on NBS: Two Mages, a Technomancer, and a Street Samurai. While on a run in Neo-Tokyo, the gang have to go undercover as anime characters! Hilarity ensues. Brought to you by the all-new 2073 Ares Humvee Civic: Now You're Driving With Power!™"
"No one starts a war; or rather, no one in his senses ought to do so; without first being clear in his mind what he intends to achieve by that war and how he intends to conduct it." - Carl Philipp Gottfried von Clausewitz

Morg

« Reply #32 on: <04-26-11/2055:40> »
Wow, a group of 16 players is hard to pull off. We had about that many in one game that lasted a few months, but most of the players did not pay attention unless it was time to kill things. After Missing Blood, we took the name The Orkan Army.

I am looking at starting up a new game and I am not sure if the 4 players will be enough and am wondering if I should add two more. Right now we have 2 mages, a technomancer, and a street sam.

-ARCimedes

The hardest part of it was finding a Place to meet the easiest part was snacks... we had enough people to get catering from the local KFC/Taco Bell it was epic and it will be missed

you would be amazed what you can do with a business license and a regular meeting place and time.

ARCimedes

• Newb
  • /i\(;,;)/i\
« Reply #33 on: <04-26-11/2142:02> »
Two mages, a technomancer, and a street samurai should be able to handle most anything. They could use a rigger and a face, but those are really secondary roles anyway.

It also sounds like the name of a sitcom. "Tonight on NBS: Two Mages, a Technomancer, and a Street Samurai. While on a run in Neo-Tokyo, the gang have to go undercover as anime characters! Hilarity ensues. Brought to you by the all-new 2073 Ares Humvee Civic: Now You're Driving With Power!™"

I am sure that is a reality show in L.A. The Technomancer's P2.0 rating is highly respectable, though some people claim it was tampered with.

-ARCimedes
-ARCimedes

John Shull

• Chummer
  • Predictablility kills
« Reply #34 on: <04-26-11/2245:39> »
Never find the groups make up to be very relevent.  You can randomly pick any group combination and it will work if the PCs work it.  6 faces can make a great group of grifters, etc.  Screen time and screen time rotation is a big deal for my groups.  Most of my players really milk incredible play out of the characters but don't like to be out of spotlight for more than a couple of sessions. Even the most team oriented, back up, and bit player on the crew wants to get his part high lighted for about half a session once a month.  3 To 7 characters max is what we typically game with but we play outside of that when friends are back in town.   
Opportunities multiply as they are seized.  --Sun Tzu

ARCimedes

• Newb
  • /i\(;,;)/i\
« Reply #35 on: <04-26-11/2308:51> »

-ARCimedes

The hardest part of it was finding a Place to meet the easiest part was snacks... we had enough people to get catering from the local KFC/Taco Bell it was epic and it will be missed

you would be amazed what you can do with a business license and a regular meeting place and time.

We always got pizza. There was a Gumby's or something and you could get a small for like $3. So we ordered 16 small pizzas every weekend.

-ARCimedes
-ARCimedes

Morg

« Reply #36 on: <04-26-11/2313:25> »
Just remember the golden rule the more people you have the less likely that everyone is listening so handouts maps and miniatures become extremely import past 8 players

ARCimedes

• Newb
  • /i\(;,;)/i\
« Reply #37 on: <04-26-11/2329:40> »
Just remember the golden rule the more people you have the less likely that everyone is listening so handouts maps and miniatures become extremely import past 8 players

Or let the players that are not listening suffer the consequences.... <Mwahahaha>

-ARCimedes
-ARCimedes

The Seven

• Chummer
  • It only is paranoia if you can't prove it.
« Reply #38 on: <04-27-11/0024:56> »

Or let the players that are not listening suffer the consequences.... <Mwahahaha>

-ARCimedes

Word.

I once had a L5R GM who didn't like to leave any friends out of a game and, believe me, he was thorough; turns would take 30+ min, so in a table with 12+ players each of us would have one or two turns (individually) and the game'd last ten hours or so.

And no one's attention deviated. But then, it was because he was a good GM, not a punisher one.
[the7 | abyssus abyssum invocat]

Quote from: Batou
Quote from: Major Motoko Kusanagi
What the hell did you use?
Your standard issue big gun.

Blond Goth Girl

• Chummer
« Reply #39 on: <04-27-11/0902:36> »

-ARCimedes

We always got pizza. There was a Gumby's or something and you could get a small for like $3. So we ordered 16 small pizzas every weekend.

-ARCimedes

For the first meeting, you can get a restaurant with a semi private dining area.  Once you're done with recruiting and you have at least one session behind you to make sure that you all get along, you can decide on a more perm location.  Someone might have room at their house.

savaze

• Omae
  • I'm a zombie/quadriplegic hybrid
« Reply #40 on: <04-27-11/1406:16> »
If everyone wasn't bringing there own food on planning on going to get some on a break we would take turns either making or getting food. Back when McDonalds had their 0.20-0.25$ hamburgers and cheeseburgers we use to make a pointed break to head over there and raid the place. I think they put a cap on how many an individual can buy in one visit because of us (20 then 10 then 5), though we'd just exit the building and come back in.

Food is a weird topic... I went to an invite only session on this "big time" group and they were friendly people until food came up. Then it became like territorial dogs fighting over a bunch of scraps. That topic became such a point of contention that I quit playing with them. I heard recently that with how much fighting happens over food that it cost a married couple their relationship, though it's purely hearsay at this point but it's a juicy rumor.

We never seemed to have a problem finding a large enough place to play, though I will admit to playing in a barn several times. One of my favorite rustic places to play involved a bit of a hike but there was a "pool," a fire pit, and no electricity. Some of those long (weekend) teenaged games were spent there. Nothing like splitting wood to have light to play by...

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #41 on: <04-27-11/1437:53> »

Blond Goth Girl

• Chummer
« Reply #42 on: <04-27-11/1751:15> »
Food fights....hmmm

Actually, I cook a main dish for the group and everyone else brings snacks, drinks and dessert.  It helps me to write my recipes for recipe exchanges: southern chicken & dumplings, white lasagna, peanut noodles, fresh rosemary potatoes, slow cooker mac & cheese and a bunch more that are cheaper than ordering a pizza and much more delicious.  Besides I like to cook but rarely get the chance to.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #43 on: <04-27-11/1756:12> »
Frag you ;) i need to see my fridge. BRB ;)

savaze

• Omae
  • I'm a zombie/quadriplegic hybrid
« Reply #44 on: <04-27-11/1955:00> »
You're more than welcome to come over any time you feel like cooking! One of my more dyslexic friend volunteered to cook for around 12 of us. So he brought a bunch of boxes of mac n cheese, but needed the rest of the components. We were happy to comply since he was gonna cook. We provided the jumbo sized pot and told him to fish through the fridge for butter and milk. He came out about 30 minutes later asking whether it looked right or if he had just been hovering over the pot so long that things didn't look right. We went in and everyone started laughing. The pot was filled with what looked like macaroni and wax. We had sticks of Crisco and they look like sticks of butter except they say 'Crisco' on them. Up until that day, he had a tendency to grab whatever looked like closest to what he needed. The funny part was that he ate four boxes of mac n crisco instead of tossing it out and starting over.