NEWS

Aid Sorcery

• 4 Replies

Charlie Green

• Newb
« on: <02-17-11/1409:17> »
I got one question , as I read it there's no limit on how many bounded spirits may give Aid sorcery to one spellcasting.
If the mage used edge and a bounded spirits of the correct type, the dice pool can achieve huge proportions, without any limits on how many hits can be achieved.
Did  I missed any errata or rules clarification?

Morg

« Reply #1 on: <02-17-11/1920:19> »
A magician may only have a number of bound Spirits equal to their charisma and if the GM thinks your abusing the game mechanics there is an optional rule were the GM applies a -2 to all actions for each bound spirit past the first you try to use at the same time

Billy_Club

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <02-17-11/2004:23> »
There is also the optional (but we always use it) rule that caps dp's at 20 or twice skill+stat, whichever is higher. Edge could still take you higher but it would still allow for a reasonable representation of your character's awesomeness without allowing crazy mechanic exploitation.

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #3 on: <02-17-11/2127:37> »
There is also the optional (but we always use it) rule that caps dp's at 20 or twice skill+stat, whichever is higher. Edge could still take you higher but it would still allow for a reasonable representation of your character's awesomeness without allowing crazy mechanic exploitation.
Interesting Optional Rule...where is it from?

Note: It wouldn't work for our group, my PC in particular.
With a reaction of 2, plus partial cover you're now already rolling 4 dice... any added bonuses like running etc would be capped under this option, as they exceed the (2x (Skill+Stat)) maximum
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

Chaemera

• Omae
  • I may be a mouse, but I have a chainsaw.
« Reply #4 on: <02-18-11/0605:25> »
Charybdis, the 20 or double skill + att optional rule is found on page 61 of SR4A, "Dice Pool Modifiers".
SR20A Limited Edition # 124
Obsidian Portal Profile: http://www.obsidianportal.com/profile/chaemera

Register