NEWS

[IC] Gang Related: Brown Pride

• 150 Replies

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« on: <01-29-11/1535:38> »
The voice was smooth, almost honeyed, and only the sharp punctuation of her T’s and the occasional ‘P‘ hinted at her African heritage as she spoke. “Hello to all you boppers out there keeping the sprawl alive while all the ‘Corp’ses’ [Cityspeak for wageslaves and their company masters] out there do their zombie dance to the Mega’s tune. Before we get to the weather, which yall know is going to be acid rain, we have a bit of paydata for you out there. Seems the big boppers in brown from pullayup way, yes the Chulos, are hosting a party tomorrow. Something  must be special about May 5th to the luscious atzlanders it seems since they’ve sent the invite out to come party it down with them. The Chulos have a free bar for as long as the beer holds out, I won’t make any speculations boppers, but I wonder if it has anything to do with the recent hijacking of a beer distributer  truck and a rash of burglaries into the sprawl’s liquor stores? I won’t look away from free drink, and keep one cool for me papis.”

It’s May 4th and even the lay abouts and bum’s seem happy, well, happier it’s the fraggin’ barrens chum. The normally dingy greyness of the streets and the buildings is livened up with the bright streamers in colors of red, white, and green. The only sound of disharmony is the rough voices commanding the bums on work detail, paid of course by the Chulos themselves, to get busy and pointing out areas in need of attention. The Chulos on duty are the youngest, or those out of favor to not merit having escaped the lowly duty…but hey, everyone starts somewhere.

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <01-30-11/0135:00> »
Smiles Twice was lounging in his apartment, sucking on a synthetic cerveza and listening to music. Glancing listlessly outside, the elf rose up from the couch.

Walking over the threadbare carpet stretched over the concrete floor, Smiles headed over to a mirror. He stared at his reflection, tiliting his head to one side to inspect the puffy line of scar tissue twisting from the corner of his mouth up towards his left ear. He used to be repulsed and ashamed by it, but over the years, Smiles had become increasingly proud of his scar. He thought it gave his face character.

He continued to admire his reflection even as it gradually faded from view.

As he completed the spell, Smiles reached into the pocket of his jacket and gently rubbed the painted rattlesnake skull he kept tucked away inside. With a delicate gesture, Smiles Twice tied his invisibility spell into his focus, sighing with relief as the burden of sustaining the spell lifted from his mind.

With that, the elf headed out. He wore his armored clothing, unremarkable except for perhaps the dusty brown jacket that never seemed to get clean, despite Smiles Twice's many half-hearted attempts to clean it. He didn't bother bringing any other weapons or complex equipment with him, since he was only planning on a covert stroll through the neighborhood.

Smiles Twice trotted downstairs and through the lobby of his apartment building, his heavy footsteps echoing through the cheap hallways his only sign of passage. Once he hit the streets, however, Smiles Twice began to slow down, making an effort to actually move quietly and unnoticed. He was bored, so he figured he'd spy on some of the kids put in charge of preparing tonight's festivities. You know, make sure they were doing their jobs right.

Smiles walked around the immediate area a bit, slowing down as he passed some human women playing on a basketball court. Feeling protected by his magic, Smiles indulged in some unabashed staring. Before his face was cut, Smiles Twice wouldn't have wasted his time on human girls. But now... well, he'd actually developed something of a taste for those bulging, jiggling human thighs.

Reluctantly, Smiles Twice pried his gaze away from the chicas and tried to concentrate on surveying the neighborhood. He wanted to make sure nothing unusual was going on. Hopefully it would all be business as usual until the fun started tonight.
« Last Edit: <01-30-11/0143:15> by Bewilderbeast »
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #2 on: <01-31-11/0912:29> »
Jack found himself a seat, and downed a cold beer. He worked out of his own will, trying to test his new limits. He was almost ecstatic at the steadiness of his heartbeat, despite the amount of work he did. He was up at four in the morning, to oversee the first stages of preparations on the street, and he was caught in the hazy, happy, sweaty joy of pushing your limits at everything. He could finally be one of the people here - even if those were the guys who lost the life lottery, but managed to plead for the last prize, which was staying alive and fed. He liked them. He liked almost everyone he met. And they liked him back - even the grumpiest of the bums that carried backbreaking burdens to let others have fun smiled at him as he passed by.
Now, enjoying a well-deserved break, he looked at the crowd, watching as his AR condition monitors return to average levels, from just slightly elevated. A small flicker of light and a strange pattern in the crowd distracted him from the drink, but only for a while. His goggles showed him a hazy silhouette of Smiles, and he knew enough about this place to be sure he's the only one who goes invisible-surfing into the crowd. He picked up another can from the cryo-six-pack, and waved with it at the spellslinger.
"Hoi! Smiles! Free Beer!"
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

JDA

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <01-31-11/2223:16> »
Myra sits smoking a cir. And looking over the betting lines trying to find a few good bets for the chulos. While thinking to herself those poor chummers that got clean up duty, prob. Don't even realize that they better get to the party early for free beer. It won't last long. Oh well it be good to see some of the chummers.

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <02-01-11/0100:45> »
Smiles Twice sighed as Jack spotted him. "What's the point of walking around invisible when people still bother you, eh?" Smiles' blurry form faded fully into view as he let the spell go. Smiles thought he could almost feel the rattlesnake skull in his pocket sigh as it released the spell.

Smiles sat down near Jack, taking up a beer and taking a sip. "So," Smiles said, grinning his hideous, lop-sided grin at Jack. "What're you plans for tonight? Me? I'm thinkin'... whiskey."
« Last Edit: <02-01-11/0121:27> by Bewilderbeast »
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #5 on: <02-01-11/0334:17> »
"Heh. With the new stuff I can probably handle that. But i think we should keep the stuff to a minimum. I bet the boys will need a hand with a few problems. You know, the usual - stop a drunken troll, kick out some cyb'd chipheads out, save some chicas from unwanted affection, and such." He downed the rest of his brew in one gulp, and smiled shiningly. His teeth look pearly white, like from a corp commercial, but his face was untouched, with a faded scar still marking the bridge of his nose. He rubbed it unconsciously, trying to find a more comfortable position.
"Man, this stuff is amazing. I'm wearing an armored jacket, three guns, working my ass off, and a quick break is all i need after six hours of exertion. I know you charmin' people don't like 'warez, but this is... Very. Damn. Good." He picked up the cryosix, and almost shoved it in the mage's face, with a move quick as lightning. "Another one?"
At the same time he quickly composed a text message to his companion, fortunately knowing his comm ID. "Off course I'm showing off. Don't look, but that ork chica on the other side, at the chinese food stand? She was all eyes for like an hour. I need to score some points, you know. She's awfully cute." He smiled again, as he saw Smiles reading. "Besides, your spell didn't work on my goggles." He tapped them lightly. "And I wouldn't like if some Chulo would cut you because he would freak out seeing an invisible man in the crowd like I did." He gulped some more beer. "The razorboys tend to be jumpy when something like this comes up. Most of them can only scare people, and slice them up. Poor frag's."
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <02-01-11/0346:27> »
"And what's wrong with that Jack!? I'll remind you that's my speciality.", the Chulos skilled torturer was behind them, a large crate in his beefy cyberarms.

Heretic was helping to carry in more drinks, he didn't understand "partying", but was told it was a vital party to the Chulos and that was good enough for him.

"Don't get too drunk boys, look at how many of us heavy hitters they made sure to be here, we're definitely the impromptu security I'd reckon."

After prying the crate open with his cyberarms he tossed Smiles a whiskey, nonetheless. "Especially after that open announcement."

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #7 on: <02-01-11/0406:20> »
"That would be knowing you're behind me, man. Turn around, and look at the window." There was a microskimmer drone on the rail just behind him, swirling around to get a full feed of it's camera to Jack. "You're right though. I do expect trouble. That's why I'm here lock'n'loaded. And that's my second and last beer, it seems. Or it's going to affect my reflexes. Heh." He had the slightly unfocused look of someone checking out ARO's, and using trodes. "Care to join my club of informed people?" He sent them an invite to join his Encrypted InfoLink, at the same time sending his Agent loaded with Browse, Analyze, Encrypt and Scan to check out what he can find about trouble.

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <02-01-11/0419:04> »
"You can try, my wireless is off. Touchlink for me." He uncovered the data jack in his palm. "If it's completely secure go ahead and jack in, I'll do VPN bursts."

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <02-02-11/1237:32> »
Smiles Twice nursed his beer as he scanned the neighborhood. He accepted the invite without comment as soon as it was sent.
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

little devil

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <02-02-11/1627:50> »
Walter Shobchak jumped down from the trailer of a well known beer distributer.  It had been a long night for Walter, all those break-ins were starting to get to him lately.  He needed sleep, didn't the Chulos expect people to sleep.  It had been two days since Walter had a decent night of rest. With his hands still around his M23, Walter raised his arms to stretch while letting out a deep yawn. Beep. Beep. Beep. Walter's comlink chimed in.

"El pequeño diablo."
"This isz he'm.", Walter said.
"How'd did eet go last night?"
"Eet went f'in' good, that is how eet went." "These young'ens they did O.K."  "We were in and out before I'zz got to unleash hell.", he said.   
"That's why they call you, El pequeño diablo."  "Always wanting to unleash hell everywhere you go, bro."
"Ya, could be." he said.
Anyways, just wanted to see how last night went.  Enjoy the party tomorrow, bro." 

Walter's com made a crackling sound and fizzled out.  Walter looked down at his com.
"No signal, figures."
Walter turned to one the young'ens, he was a skinny kid must of just joined a few years ago.
"Hey, you guyz park this at the rally location for tomorrow."  "Eets time for me to relax, homies." then Walter turned to head home as he reached into his vest pocket for his cigar.  "Ah crap." Remembering that he had dropped the last one last night as the truck was speeding away from the last store, it had hit a speed bump and sent his cigar flying.

JDA

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <02-06-11/2229:16> »
Myra, looking at the bet lines. Curses at the spreads. "ah, hell going to be one those weeks. She goes out for a beer and to see how the chulos are doing. After scoping out the area a bit she finds a nice place to have a drink and to keep an eye out on the activity.
She notices that the beginnings of a good party is about to start. Makes a quick scan for anything or anyone out of place.

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <02-07-11/1537:38> »
An older nightsky, possibly from the 2040's rolls slowly down the street. Although the model and style is old the paint, chrome, and wheels and rims are new. The black metal flake of the custom paint job catches the occassional hint of sunlight, sparkling like stars in the cloudy dark night. On the front flies a miniature red, white and green flag. The car almost passes by, but stops pulls to a stop as the driver, dressed in the browns of the Chulos gets out. He's an ork and in contrast to the well kept vehicle he is dressed shabbily, affecting the street gear or khaki pants, brown flannel shirt and brown bandanna over his sunglasses. He's most likely armed and his clothes armored, you'd be a real chump not to be here.

The driver walks to the passenger door and opens it. Emerging from the back is an oily haired man in a fine  dark brown off the rack suit adorned in gold chains, rings, and watch. He is all smiles as he approaches. It's 'Don' Tomas, a rising carnale known for his flashiness. "Odaly Homes!" he shouts out as he throws up gang signs for friendship.

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <02-07-11/1548:51> »
Heretic replies in kind with signs after placing the boxes down.

"Care for a drink Don? I'm sure you know what we're serving."

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #14 on: <02-07-11/1732:19> »
Jack behaves more formally, returning the greetings, and offering his seat. He seems fully energized now, and he forwards the feed from his drone to the bodyguards with a thought. Because you never know...