NEWS

Into the Chaos (IC)

• 1203 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #600 on: <10-24-16/1424:08> »
@Wheely et al.  The lawyer examines the evidence and points to the difficulty of trusting the word of BTL junkies. He is satisfied with the recorded evidence and questioning but points to the main difficulty with these evidence - 'there is no clear buyer', since the entire legal claim is a precedent, he wants you to try and purchase an actual pixie from the farm saying that it will dramatically strengthen your case. He is still optimistic about the final outcome of the trail without a clear buyer, but he said that in that case the legal procedures may go for a long time and therefore limit your financial options in the day after the raid.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #601 on: <10-24-16/1511:45> »
"I meant in front of the couriers. If they are going free after this is over, they shouldn't know any names or handles of those who illegally detained them. Also, no problem with crashing in your garage."
To the lawyer he sent: <<We are on it. Meanwhile I still have a sensor tag where the pixies have been placed, so we should be able to get video evidence of whoever was meant to fetch the pixies.>>
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #602 on: <10-24-16/1552:23> »
@Simone, Nyx - the security guard tells Simone "Lets see how cybered up you are and decide" after scanning her says "I am sorry miss, but as I cannot just take your titanium bones, you will have to stay here with me."

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #603 on: <10-24-16/1631:54> »
[Noėmie "Nyx" d'Orville - January 13th, 2076 - Pixie Farm, Seattle]

Noėmie snifs, but nods gracefully "That's alright I suppose. I at least learned a few things. As for weapons, I only have a   taser."
« Last Edit: <11-02-16/0338:04> by Imladir »
"Speech" | *Thoughts* | >>Matrix<< | ~Astral~

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #604 on: <10-24-16/1654:30> »
@Nyx the security guards says "I'll have to take the taser." and then waits out of the room, the physician is doing a very extensive search that starts with ultrasound, metal scanners, cyberware scanners and ends with a very close physical search... luckily it is done in private. Once the search is done, the physician gives Nyx some time to dress and then tell her "Todd will take you to our underground bunker, under no circumstances you are to leave his sight." she takes her picture and prints a visitor badge for Nyx.
« Last Edit: <10-24-16/1657:12> by gilga »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #605 on: <10-25-16/0003:03> »
@Nyx the examination becomes a lot less pleasent when Todd finds the bracelet knife you forgot you were carrying. Still after what felt like a search at the cellular level they let you go.

Todd takes you to a large underground room that seems like a lounge and you two wait there for half an hour or so, the picture on the walls are all of little pixies with different outfits and presentation style, from dolls, to candies, to the natural look. Their slogan "For humanity sake, go pixie" after half a hour of waiting in that room the manager will summon you.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #606 on: <10-25-16/0117:41> »
Simone shrugs and grins at the security guy.  "No problem; it has happened before.  I am used to it by now.  You got a comfy chair and something to read while I wait?"  She turns to Nyx.  "Sorry.  I guess you are on your own from here.  Still, with the level of security here, you should be alright.  I will be here, I guess."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #607 on: <10-25-16/0126:12> »
[Noėmie "Nyx" d'Orville - January 13th, 2076 - Pixie Farm, Seattle]

Noėmie is less than thrilled by the level of scrutiny she's subjected to. In fact, if Todd seems to take pleasure in it, she vows to get some retribution when the time comes for the farm to leave its current owners. She groans at Simone with a "We'll talk later about your usefulness as a scientific advisor I think."

In the large room, she waits patiently, not showing any particular sign of stress. As they get there, and as long as she's down there, she pays particular attention to any particular security system.

[spoiler]Security System: 5d6t5 1
I won't go far with that... Still, better than nothing. And in case it's useful (you never know!):
Architecture: 6d6t5 2
Plus a standard Perception: 13d6t5 4
Plus, she registers everything from her glasses to her 'link.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <11-02-16/0338:04> by Imladir »
"Speech" | *Thoughts* | >>Matrix<< | ~Astral~

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #608 on: <10-25-16/0143:15> »
Simone laughs.  "Yeah, I think they got that one figured out by now.  See you when you get back."

Since she is in the security building, she takes the opportunity to look about.  Are there any maps or diagrams out in the open that have anything of the security setup on them?
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #609 on: <10-25-16/0348:34> »
Wheely hang up with the lawyer with the promise to hand him any extra evidence. Wheely is at his second beer when MXN finally comes to let them out, he doesn't seem particularly saddened, not to say relieved, that they do not spend the night here.

There is little to no traffic at this hour and the drive to the Garage is fairly uneventful. Wheely park the car directly inside and once they get out they are greeted by an old Ferret RPD-1X:

"INTRUDERS ALERT, INTRUD… ERROR. REDO FROM START"

As far as you can tell for a drone with no facial features it looks confused, Wheely kick the drone softly "Damn it Zack it's me." he replaces the drone into his slot near the entrance and says to Kynos "Don't mind him, I have trouble to make him work properly with the garage door but he won't attack unless you break down a door."

The Garage isn't particularly big with the Equus taking a quarter of the room. There is mechanical parts all around and a faint, permanent smell of oil. In one of the corner there is an couch in front of an old TV and leaning on the wall next to it a couple of mattress.

There is four doors, the large garage door from where they came from, one next to the drone that lead to a small alley. The two others lead to a bathroom and a small kitchen.

"Make yourself at home, you can pick up a mattress or crash on the couch. I will sleep in the car."

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #610 on: <10-25-16/0513:13> »
"Thanks." Kynos replied. Than he began to disrobe, opening the various clips and zippers that kept his armor secured. Once he was out of it, his scarred legs and arms - including a fresh bandage on the left came into view. Kynos got rid of his undershirt and immediately began to wash it in the sink, wringing it out and draping it over a piece of microwire, he magiced from one of his pockets and hung from wall to wall around head height.
He continued to do this with the rest of his underwear and socks, covering himself with a towel.
That done, he began to dismantle his rifle and meticulously clean every part and put it all together again. Only then he popped a Clean-Teeth(TM) pill, swished the foaming cleaning substance around in his mouth and spit it into the barrel with used oil where it boiled for a second before subsiding. Meanwhile he had started to clean himself with a disposable chemical wipe, finishing of by rubbing his short black hair into shape.

Only then he found himself a mattress and went to sleep almost immediately.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #611 on: <10-25-16/0940:23> »
23:15

A couple of hours of respite was all that the mage needed before his arduous task of cutting a pathway to some old acquaintances of his.  Maxwell staggers out of bed and takes another dose of Cram while straightening his clothes.  Trying to make himself look passingly presentable, if such an effort even mattered at this hour.  Armor and mask fitted to protect himself from whatever the dark could muster up in its ever encroaching reach.  He leaves the classroom and walks down the halls to the front entrance.  Exiting the walled safety of the drone patrolled school.

Nary a soul to be seen in the Redmond streets.  Truly, as barren as its nickname implies.  Save for those brave or foolhardy enough to dare the challenge.  As Maxwell made his morbid way to the nukes, he could not shake the feeling of being watched.  Of being observed by some unseen force.  If he could manage it, Maxwell will keep going on this path until he has arrived one hundred meters away from the Red Hot Nukes base.
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #612 on: <10-25-16/0942:40> »
I let Ayato sleep in the bed.  I have a few hours to kill before the cram wears off so I go over cleaning my gear again, then Ayato's.  I fix myself a drink and a snack and read for a while longer until I finally crash from the cram.
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #613 on: <10-25-16/1028:12> »
@Nyx, Todd is very respectful and do not touch you. All the physical contact you have is with the female physician and with the thoroughness of her search you end up resenting her.  You can feel the tension when you wait there is nobody there but Todd and you and past 30 minutes a man manifests next to you and introduces himself as "Larry King, manager of the pixie department." Todds eyes are at you the entire time you are there, and you can tell that he is not (just) looking at your impressive body, he sees you as a possible threat and protects this place from you.

Larry nods at you and then asks "What brings you to our fine establishment?"

« Last Edit: <10-25-16/2155:00> by gilga »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #614 on: <10-25-16/2200:02> »
@Maxwell As you exit the protective sphere of your new home, it is evident that the way will be difficult, at first you are spotted by one or two zombies, but then their number increases and it seems like you attract them like ashes are attracted to fire. Within a few minutes number increases to tens and at that point one of them opens fire from an automatic weapon while the rest begin dashing toward you.

(roll initiative)