NEWS

Umbrae Europae [IC]

• 209 Replies

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #180 on: <11-01-16/0925:54> »
Still aiming at the girls, but not firing, Frank looks at the girls: "Good. Stay still now. No funny business, because... well, I am feeling hungry" concludes the ghoul with a nasty grin.

>>> Waywalker, we will be the luckiest bastard in the city if the guy who just went down was Anton - I'm pretty sure he is in the truck moving away. But maybe we can leverage this. Maybe your rotodrones can stick around the corpse, but you fly spying one follow the truck ?

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #181 on: <11-01-16/1702:34> »

"Roger. I'd rather be a dandelion-eater poser than let that truck go away! While you are there, why don't you ask some question to our friends?"
Swiftly jumping from the rotodrone to the Fly-Spy, Waywalker rushed to the truck at maximum speed.

[spoiler]Pilot Aicraft (Fly-Spy) jumped in: 13d6t5 4
Fly Spy Perception (EW) jumped in: 15d6t5 7
Matrix Perception on Truck: 12d6t5 6 (I keep 5)
Stealth for Fly Spy: 9d6t5 3[/spoiler]
«Never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon.»

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #182 on: <11-01-16/1755:10> »
The matrix signal of the truck was clear as day: It's auto pilot was engaged and had linked up with the ALI grid guide. The vehicle was more than happy to proclaim that it was a rental and would be free to rent again within the hour.
The mirrored glass didn't allow the drone to look inside directly and the insulation was to good for IR to penetrate.

The girls had reached the point where they began to cry and shiver - Frank had to remind himself that this weren't enemy shadow runners or corp mages but two second semester students who probably didn't know many more spells than what he had witnessed them do already.

Giselle was the first to get a grip on herself. With a halting, trembling voice she asked: "Wha... what do you want from us?"
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #183 on: <11-02-16/0814:30> »

Before he got infected, Frank was kind of womenizer - or at least he believes so. Back then, if a girl at his mercy where to ask him what he would have wanted from her would have certainly very different, and coming from below his belly, not from it.... Anyway, as it is no time for lunch, the ghoul carries on:

"Actually, we want nothing from you. We want your boss - if you cooperate, we will both let you go, which is more than the cops would have done for you if they found out about your extra-curricular activity. In short, you messed with many people by playing the honeytrap for Anton, and you should be getting shot right now, and you just got landed a free, get out of jail card. Do take it by telling us  anything you know about Anton, and especially where the frag is he running to now..."

>>> Waywalker, do you confirmation on the body outside ? Is it the freaking mage ? Or did he somehow escape us during all this commotion ?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #184 on: <11-02-16/1043:25> »
Eli cut in before her friend could speak: "Please, that wasn't... we didn't hurt them. It was only a little bit of blood. Anton only want's to help. Those guys are doing immense harm to the environment..."
She stopped when she saw Frank's displeased facial expression - or maybe it was the hunger that shone through.
"He told us to barricade the door and seal the astral. I don't know were he went. He never took us to his home."
Giselle cut in: "Well, actually..."
Eli turned around, suddenly with a fierce glare of  unadulterated jealousy and hatred: "Oh no, you fucking slitch."
Giselle answered mockingly: "You are one to talk. You've been mooning for him since we met him. And for your information, it wasn't that special. Although he really does know how to cast magic fingers..."

talk think matrix

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #185 on: <11-02-16/1055:02> »
Frank barks at the students: "Girls! Hungry ghoul with a gun on time schedule. If you really want to sort this out, I'll be happy to reconvene later to see wrestle in bikinis in a pool of mud!"

Turning to Eli: "...But before going all medieval on your friend face, remember that by being a slitch she may have just save your life."

And now turning to Gis with a big smile: "Giselle is your name right ? So, as you may hear by my silly accent, I am french, so I'm certainly not judging for your double timing behavior. In my book , more sex is better than none. Especially, in your case, where this little happenstance may have just save both your life.... So where did this little Quid Pro Quo happen ?"

Frank finds this a all situation refreshing. It's nice to see that despite BTL, Technomancer, HMHVV and whatnot, there is still some good, old fashion shenanigans happenings... "Kids will be kids, I guess".

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #186 on: <11-02-16/1153:28> »
"Alright, alright. He made me wear a blind fold. A bit kinky, but you know, I kinda liked it. Had to turn my commlink off also, but... when he was asleep I turned it back on to read my mails. Really bad connection, somewhere underground. Öffgasse 1 Wesseling, right next to the Rhine. I think he has boat there."  

Meanwhile, Waywalker's drone witnessed as the prone form and the pool of blood it lay in vanished completely.
talk think matrix

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #187 on: <11-02-16/1218:50> »

"Blinfold ? Kinky ? Gosh, she is young and inexperienced indeed. This Anton is really a sleaze bag" - Frank disgusts for his mark grows again, while he start looking the place. "The corpse was an illusion, no surprise there, but it is quite excellent Anton has no idea, Gis know where his hideout is."

>>> Waywalker, we have a good chance to mount a proper operation against Anton and surprise him in his hideout. However, I don't think we can let the girls go right now. If he knows they are alive, he may infer they talked and tell us something of value (and then come to suspect his hideout is blown). I am guessing Anton has all he needs to magically track them so we would need to hide them in a safehouse with either ward or a lodge ? Fuck, this is going to be difficult to hide them and make him believe they are dead...

Killing them would sooo much easier, but Frank is not yet such a motherfragger - and of course, this would go completly against his "Assassin Creed of Honor" code.

[spoiler]
@Jack_Trade Unless you are not OK with it, I spent 20 points of Karma to raise my edge to 4
[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: <11-02-16/1220:48> by belaran »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #188 on: <11-02-16/1645:27> »
[spoiler]
Edge is the one attribute you may raise at any time for any reason

Also, tracking the girls probably isn't Anton's most pressing concern, otherwise he wouldn't have abandoned them. Knocking the girls out will probably be enough to give you an hour's time to do that. If you race directly to the address you might get there before Anton does.
[/spoiler]

Eli piped up: "You've got what you wanted, can we go now, please?"

talk think matrix

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #189 on: <11-02-16/1836:52> »

"Franck, I suggest to not bother more with the girls. Simply tell them with your worst face that if they tell anything of tonight or speak to Anton we will ruin their lives. I think that should take care of it. Now, we got an advantage: I've got my drone on the truck and my van can rush us to the hideout. What about a speed race? Hop in the van and hold tight!"

Waywalker ordered his Fly Spy to stay on the truck, the Rotodrones to land on the van, and then jumped in, pulling its engine to its limits.

[spoiler]pilot groundcraft (jumped in): 13d6t5 3
May I use my Duisburg Knowledge to know something on the zone of the flat?
Duisburg Knowledge: 8d6t5 2[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #190 on: <11-03-16/0540:14> »
[spoiler]
No, Duisburg is about an hour's drive away from that address.

But still, it's no problem getting there in time if you move quickly.

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #191 on: <11-03-16/1249:16> »

Frank does not like the idea of running behind the mage, with no real plans, neither reckons, but clearly the tactical advantage of pushing on right away is great. "This is why I hate shadowrunning and prefer plain and simple assassination: careful planning". So many things could wrong by letting the girls go, they could easily send a spirit or message to Anton, he could track them and figures out one of them may have known and tell about his boat... But, even a jaded monster (literally) like Frank could not resolve to gun down those two somewhat innocent young girls.

"OK, so here is the deal ladies. You are going to stay here for the next two to three hours and play possum. If the magical circle here somehow prevents people to track you in the astral, perfect, if not cast a spell to do so if you can. We will keep eyes on you and have our drones come back and shot you dead if you leave here before we tell you or try to use your commlinks. Once we'll be done with our "chat" with your lover, we will let you go."

Leaving the girls, the ghoul rushes to his motorbike and program the GridGuide to take him there. In the meantime, Frank plans to check out the feeds from the drones that Waywalker sent on site as soon as it arrives... Oh, and maybe also, open the little box hidden in the motorbike compartment with some liver leftover. This all mess has made the ghoul pretty pickish...

[spoiler]
@Jack_Trade if you want I can roll Intimidatin or Con, but in both case I'm defaulting (Cha -1) to one dice. However, I would assume we scarred already the shit out of them, which would give me some bonuses to the roll..
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #192 on: <11-03-16/1312:51> »
[spoiler]
That's a fair assumption and I certainly don't want to bog you down when you've just started to gain momentum again ;)

[/spoiler]

The girls nodded, looking nervous towards the small drone hovering under ceiling with the assault rifle pointing in their direction.

The late hour allowed the two runners to move with enough speed to reach their target within 20 minutes.

The address belonged to an old industrial building complex that in part was still active. Looking for a boat they found a small areal that looked like a private lot: behind a chainlink fence a veritable jungle of trees and bushes obscured the house behind. The garage entrance led down a ramp and indicated a larger than usual cellar.

Beside the garage door the only two other access ways were through the water to the small pier and through the door in the chain link fence. Nothing a micro welder couldn't manage, but likely an option, that would arise suspicion if not alert from a home security system.
talk think matrix

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #193 on: <11-03-16/1709:25> »

The trip to the address was a rush. Waywalker got here in 20 minutes instead of 1 hour.
"Speed limits are for SINners... or runners who don't dare to cross GridGuide."
During the road, he had his RCC reconfigured to use again his Fly-Spy...he checked the feed from the Rotodrone at the Museum, just to be sure the girls did not do anything to jeopardize the run.
Arrived at Anton's place with some advantage, he switched personas from his RCC to his cyberdeck, and looked for some Matrix activity in the boat.

[spoiler]Persona stats: A 2/S 4/D 4/F 5, running silent, with VM, Agent, Wrapper, Toolbox.
Teamwork test from Sekretar: 6d6t5 1
Teamwork test from Deck: 6d6t5 1
Matrix Perception: 12d6t5 2
Fly Spy Perception (EW): 9d6t5 5

where is the truck? Are any commlink signals from inside it? [/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #194 on: <11-03-16/1819:40> »
The truck had arrived at the rental agency and showed no signs of moving again.
Anton's commlink was still not active.
The pier was empty.

Five minutes later, the Fly Spy detected a car that got rapidly closer to their position: An old GMC Bulldog without active matrix signal.
talk think matrix