NEWS

Umbrae Europae [IC]

• 209 Replies

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #165 on: <10-26-16/0815:04> »

Almost struck by the magical monster, Frank bolts and start running for his life. "I hate spirit and such. I really do". Despite the fact that his gun was more and less useless, Frank keeps it in his hand, but start retreating as quickly as a he can toward the musuem door. "This operation went to shit so fast. We'll need to rethink our plan..."

>>> Waywalker ! I need your support, can you have your drone fire some suppressive fire to stop this thing while I run away ?

[spoiler]
We need to wait for Waywalker to join in, but for now Frank will be retreating and switching to Full Defense.
[/spoiler]

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #166 on: <10-27-16/1456:51> »
"Roger that Franck! Keep going, air support is arriving!"
While in his rigger cocoon Waywalker went in VR hot-sim using his RCC, then jumped in a Rotodrone and ordered the other two to take aim and fire at will at the vitals of the thing.

[spoiler]Theme Music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lxlQITXBAQ
Drone #1 Initiative: 4d6+6 22
Drone #2 Initiative: 4d6+6 22
waywalker initiative: 5d6+5 20
Drone #1 firing: 7d6t5 4
Drone #2 firing: 7d6t5 4
Waywalker's shot: 13d6t5 4

All shots are called shots

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <10-29-16/1336:22> by Haywire »
«Never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon.»

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #167 on: <10-27-16/1641:22> »
[spoiler]
Please feel free in future to complete the attacks
You are entering the fight late, so you start with -10 to your ini, but you are still over the concrete man:

Once again it's not evading your shots:

14 DV AP-2 is below it's modified Armor of 16, all stun and therefore no effect.

On the plus side, it has a new target now: Grabbing a massive  piece of art, it throws at the drone:
Throw (untrained): 5d6t5 2
Defense: 6d6t5 2

Glancing blow.
[/spoiler]

The golem like figure shrugged of the shots from the AK drones, but at least it ignored Frank for the moment. Instead it grabbed an exhibit that looked like a half molten cooking pot and threw it after the left most drone. The piece connected, but the trajectory was to low for it to do more than make the drone wobble for a moment.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #168 on: <10-28-16/0408:37> »
Waywalker and his drones fired recklessly at the concrete golem.

[spoiler]I shooted 3 hits the last round, does this count for lowering its armor (2 from the drones, 1 from me jumped in)?
Drone #1 firing: 7d6t5 1
Drone #2 firing: 7d6t5 3
Waywalker's shot: 13d6t5 7
All shots are called shots.
[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: <10-29-16/1337:08> by Haywire »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #169 on: <10-28-16/0954:16> »
[spoiler]
I'm afraid, that's not how this works: Soak is not reduced by more attacks.
But Waywalkers shot almost had a chance to do damage: 17 DV AP-2 vs. 20 Armor -2 is missing one point for more damage.

I repeat: You need to use Called Shot: Vitals Shot. This reduces your dice by 4 but you gain +2 DV
Alternatively: explosive ammo or APDS could help you.

So it's 19DV AP-2 vs. 20 Armor

So: Soak: 18d6t5 4 [18d6t5=4, 3, 4, 1, 5, 2, 3, 1, 1, 2, 6, 2, 3, 4, 4, 2, 5, 6]
15 DV vs. 14 soak boxes.

RIP
[/spoiler]

The hail of bullets that came down on the golem did nothing but produce ricochets - until Waywalker centered his shots directly at the base of the thing's neck. The head broke off and the thing tumbled to the ground, an iron girder still sticking out.

« Last Edit: <10-29-16/0807:06> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #170 on: <10-29-16/1357:50> »

"Franck, the golem is down! We have done a lot of noise, we should try to geek Antonio before he runs away. Go in with my Rotodrones."
Waywalker's Rotodrone scanned the entrance with its sensors to be sure they weren't going in a big, concrete trap.
Waiting for Franck to follow, he sent one of his Rotodrones as vanguard, then entered with the other and the one he was jumped in.

[spoiler]Pilot Aicraft (Rotodrone): 9d6t5 4
Pilot Aicraft (Rotodrone) jumped in: 15d6t5 6
Sensors (EW) perception: 15d6t5 2
[/spoiler]

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #171 on: <10-29-16/1747:56> »
Coming out of cover to follow the drones, Frank was a bit in shock... "Gosh, Waywalker managed to put this thing down, it's pretty incredible - I thought we were utterly fucked, but we may have a chance". As the ghoul still tries to be discreet, more to not be the first target if it comes to that, he follow the drone, his weapon in hand, ready to shoot whoever comes first. "I don't like that though, I think a retreat to think again and design a new plan would have been more my style. Well, that is probably the way of the lone assassin, but I'm in a team now - even if it's a duo...."

>>> Right behind your drones buddy. Thanks for the assist. Hope we can take him down despite the element of surprise, but please bring around the van so that we have an escape plan if all of this goes to shit...

"Here goes nothing" thought the ghoul...

[spoiler]
Following the drones discreetly as they rush into the ritual room: 9d6t5 6
[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #172 on: <10-30-16/0506:59> »
Unsurprisingly someone had locked the door again. Frank had to take out his new micro welder again to quickly destroy the lock. When he opened the door he wisely stepped behind it to let the drones through.

But those were greeted by an opaque force field. Through the haze, the drones could see the two girls, both obviously deep in concentration on whatever spells they had woven, while just at this moment a man that had to be Anton had opened the back door of the room and was sprinting away in the direction of the loading ramp.

[spoiler]
Giselle: F6 Physical Barrier: 14d6t5 5
Resist drain: 10d6t5 2
Takes three Stun.

5 Body 5 Armor barrier, visibility penalty equal to light fog (-1)

Eli: F6 Mana Barrier: 14d6t5 6
Resist drain: 10d6t5 5
No Drain

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <10-30-16/0516:48> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #173 on: <10-30-16/1838:38> »

Waywalker and Franck hit the jackpot. The two girls stood and covered Anton's exit.
Reacting as quickly as thought, he said to Franck'c commlink:
"The drones will shoot the girls, I'll try to get Anton before we lose him!"
The lead from the drones covered the opaque barrier, while he ran out of the building checking the Fly-Spy feed on the loading bay and rushing with the Rotodrone.

[spoiler]
waywalker initiative: 5d6+5 21
Pilot Aicraft (Rotodrone) jumped in: 13d6t5 5
Drone Initiative: 4d6+6 20
Drone #1 firing: 11d6t5 2
11 DV AP - 2 to the barrier
Drone #2 firing: 11d6t5 3
11 DV AP - 2 to Giselle[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #174 on: <10-30-16/1908:25> »
[spoiler]
You are shooting with a penetrating weapon at the barrier, which means it's taking one point of damage and the rest is transfered to your target behind:
Giselle Ini: 8+1d6 10
Giselle tries to evade: Full Defense: 13d6t5 3
Full Defense: 12d6t5 4
She's done for this round
The barrier took 2 points of damage. 3 more and it's down.

Eli: Ini: 8+1d6 11
Casting: Animate object on drone: Animate Object F6: 12d6t5 3
Drain Resist: 10d6t5 4
1 Point of Stun
Drone resists: Resist: 15d6t5 5
Spell fails.

[/spoiler]

With a scream Giselle jumped aside as the two drones started to shoot at her. Her friend tried to cast a spell on the lead drone, but whatever she wanted to achieve it seemed not to work.

The Flyspy reported a man ignoring the truck and instead sprinting over the street, heedless of the minimal traffic at this hour. Two seconds later, the empty truck started up.
talk think matrix

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #175 on: <10-31-16/0540:34> »
Rushing toward their now fleeing target, Anton - who courageously leaves his lovers behind him, Frank stops the minute he has a clear line of sight, and shoot...

[spoiler]
Frank initiative: 9+1d6 15

If possible Frank move towards Anton (using all his movement so 10m) and stops when he get a clear shot, and Frank spends a Simple Action to Aim. Also with number of modification in his cybereyes, I guess he can waive off any penalties regarding visibility due to the light fog.

Shooting Anton: 14d6t5 4 - so 13P

I'm not sure if Frank needs to pass the Phyiscal Barrier, but if he does...

Physical Barrier blocking Frank shot: 10d6t5 3

Leaving 10P reaching Anton. (if he can't reach Anton, this bullet goes to the other girl).
[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #176 on: <10-31-16/0701:52> »
[spoiler]
Again, penetrating weapon rules, you bullet only loses 1 point of damage
Anton is out of sight before you can target him.

Eli also uses Full Defense:
Full Defense: 13d6t5 4
Grazing hit, no effect.

[/spoiler]

Both girls now had to dive for cover since now Frank also started to take pot shots at Eli. Stands of her blond her fell to the floor were his bullet went through her long flowing mane. Both were screaming now, incoherently begging for their lives.
talk think matrix

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #177 on: <10-31-16/1637:24> »

Waywalker saw the feed of the drones, so sent them a command to spray suppressive fire.
"I do not want the girls dead, maybe they will be reasonable after all..."
Waywalker lined the rifle and shot Anton with a hail of bullets.
In a matter of seconds, a mechanic voice was produced by the two drones, while keeping the area suppressed with bullets:
"We do not want you killed. Surrender and we'll spare you."

[spoiler]Current Initiative: Waywalker 11 - Drones 10
Waywalker's shot to Anton: 19d6t5 6
11 DV, AP -2, FA so -6 to defence
Drone #1 suppressive fire: 11d6t5 6
11 DV AP - 2, -6 to all actions for the girls
Drone #2 suppressive fire: 11d6t5 2
11 DV AP - 2, -2 to all actions for the girls (total -8)
[/spoiler]

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #178 on: <10-31-16/2044:47> »

"But fight and I'll eat you !" add Frank, while showing his ugly face, on top of his gun.

>>> Good call, Waywalker, with Anton on the run, any intel they have might be our best chance to find him and finish. We do need to act quickly, however. If he managed to retreat to any sort of stronghold he may have, our chance to sucess will go down. Where you able to dispatch a drone to follow him ?

[spoiler]
@Jack_Trade let us know if we need to teamwork a Cha + Intimidation test for this. We think we are bad ass, but maybe the girls are not going to be that impress :)
[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #179 on: <11-01-16/0654:41> »
It takes a few moments of not shooting for the girls to calm down enough so they can raise their hands and cower on the wall. Both had dropped their spells and left the ritual circle, in the middle of which stood a lifelike humanoid statue made from solid metal. As it turned out the ritual to animate this thing had been interrupted just before completion.

Meanwhile in the streets, the drone fired at the retreating figure. The bullets hit its back and for a split second it looked like they had had no effect, but than the person crumbled to the ground and an amazing amount of blood began to pour forth and on the ground.

Meanwhile the transporter had steered itself out of the lot and on the street.
talk think matrix