NEWS

Panzerknacker [OOC]

• 355 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #135 on: <11-13-16/1418:09> »
Yes, but the door is closed and needs a matrix command to open (it's heavy/secure)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #136 on: <11-13-16/2158:59> »
Apparently picked a bad time to take a powder RL, had a rough and busy week.  I meant to pull astral overwatch on someone, but the ship has sailed.  Watching the fun with amusement :)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #137 on: <11-14-16/0344:34> »
Alright.

Depending on how your thing with Tschernenko goes, Anna can have Kite and Slobbertooth as backup or Krestov and Flatline)
In any case it would be a good idea to have a taxi waiting for Anna.

I'll leave that decision to you.

Oh and by the way: Charles Whitman
Just in case you wonder where I got my inspiration  ;D
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #138 on: <11-14-16/0403:35> »
So Anna walked with a mass murderer to his own house and trashed his painting ?! Hilarious!

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #139 on: <11-14-16/0904:38> »
Jack shouldn't a failed sleaze action alert Anna to the attack?  Because if she knows someone is hacking her, she'll just close the link to remain invisible, knowing that communication will be spotty but she may need the link later. (also why wouldn't Anna go full matrix defense ?)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #140 on: <11-14-16/0906:45> »
Normally it would, but on a tie nothing happens - it's really funny actually that there wasn't a more decisive result.
talk think matrix

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #141 on: <11-14-16/0954:44> »
(also why wouldn't Anna go full matrix defense ?)

Why would she? She isn't even expecting a matrix attack.

@Jack

I'm afraid, I need clarification before we can proceed.

Regarding the teammates: Should have is something entirely different from "has". I can't remember anyone declaring they back her up. IIRC Slob is watching Anna T. and it would make sense that he perform the abduction, too. Thus Krestov would be free, but again, he didn't mention he was observing Yael.
Does that mean he did it anyway?

Regarding matrix security:

I don't quite understand. If the commlink is connected to the host, he would have had 15 dice from the beginning. Since he only rolled 10, I assumed that he wasn't in the host that very moment. Also, I wouldn't expect him to, because he then can't interact with the whole of the matrix, except for calls and messages. Basically, his commlink would become useless for private purposes. Except of course, security and controlling the penthouse, if they allow him to run his private property over the corp host.

So, was he offline when I first hacked him and entered the host the very moment after? Or did I get the rules wrong.
Because, when he's in the host, I can't even access him without following him into the host. So if he was in the host from the beginning, the whole situation couldn't have happened the way it did, neither with 15 dice nor with 10.

Sorry if I make things more complicated than they are. I just can't follow with options I have and why.
But I'm happy there are sprinklers.
« Last Edit: <11-14-16/1008:27> by Volker »
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #142 on: <11-14-16/1040:30> »
@Back up
Frankly, I'm leaving the decision to you players.
It's one of the hazards when you have players with different response times, but I didn't want  to pause the story for so long. So now we have a disjointed timeline where you can retro actively decide who and if there is back up waiting. 

@Matrix

It's a bit complex but it looks like this:

His commlink is not slaved to anything - mainly because if he would lose it it would allow someone to get a MARK on a Security host
That's why it's rather easy to get a mark on him (he has only 10 resistance dice)

The utilities in his penthouse are slaved to the houses Security host because they are physically protected from direct attacks. (so they benefit from 15 resistance dice)
But the house isn't the owner of those devices - Whitman has ownership (4 MARKs) on his doors etc., which allows you to spoof a command that seems to originate from his commlink.

But as the posted rules text states you do not role against the commlink but against the device which means against the host's defenses.

The confusion comes from the difference between slaving something and owning it. You don't have to be the owner to slave something (otherwise a Decker could not provide Defense for his team mates, as the example in the core rule book tells us)
talk think matrix

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #143 on: <11-14-16/1057:34> »
@Back Up

Okay, that makes perfect sense.

@Matrix

Whoops, this is embarassing. You even posted the rule text and I still missed it. Asche über mein Haupt.

Still, this is not possible. He can't interact with icons within the host, if he's not within the host. Otherwise, everyone would just slave anything to a host and thus provide maximum security without restraints.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #144 on: <11-14-16/1139:37> »
My thoughts are this, unless someone specifically requested his astral cover, Flatline would be back at base, studying golf or being a meatspace monitor for bnc. Regardless of request by Yael, he could not be anywhere that would help as of yet, as an astral overwatch would give any indication of problem since I assume he would be outside the most likely warded building.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #145 on: <11-14-16/1142:54> »
@Volker
He can, he just has to use the matrix action "Send Message" to control those devices

@Qwikfix
Yeah, I realize I've maneuvered you into a bit of a complicated situation.
For the moment you can assume that whatever happens with Tschernenko, it will likely be over before the Whitman operation begins. So you can just describe how you are relieving Slobber from watching Tschernenko eat and use that Russian Troll charm to get her drinking with you ;)

@Crossbow
As a generous GM I'd like to remind you that both you and Yael are perfectly capable of calling up spirits that can provide aid in the material world at a moments notice (Spirit of men with Invisibility and Concealment wouldn't even blow your cover)
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #146 on: <11-14-16/1158:31> »
Anna even has a spirit of man F5 with 2 services but she keeps it as her ace in the pocket in case he starts punching her.

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #147 on: <11-14-16/1344:57> »
For the record, Slobbertooth can probably incapacitate Whitman without firing a shot, if only cause  Whitman will have trouble actually hitting him. Doing so without putting Whitman's life in jeopardy (unless brass knuckles can do non-lethal) is less likely, but I'll leave that call to the people planning things at the moment.
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #148 on: <11-14-16/1410:24> »
I do not mind this solution - angry boyfriend or something, but we will need Slobber to take the elevator for it.

(I assume Krestov is having a good time with the real Anna in her home ... ? :0)

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #149 on: <11-14-16/1501:33> »
@Jack But if he interacts with a message that will then be interpreted, the fooled object is not the door in the host, but the commlink itself, leaving him with 11 dice. In my opinion, that's how a host works. If you directly control it, the host can use it's resources to verify the acteur's identity. If it, however, just follows instructions in a message, it doesn't have more material than that. Spoof Command only gets the full protection if I send a "command", that is, directly control the object. What would you say: If I try to fake a message from, say, Slobbertooth to Krestov, would I have to roll against Slob's link or K's? I'd argue that I would roll against Slob.
But you're the GM. If you say, the host still provides protection, it does.

@Quikfix/Squirrel In case you're here, you can assume that the message didn't only go to Flatline but also to your character(s). Also, she provides a lifestream.
« Last Edit: <11-14-16/1511:41> by Volker »
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"