NEWS

Rigger source question

• 5 Replies

zeththeadeptork

• Chummer
« on: <07-04-16/1533:57> »
Obviously I want core rigger 5 and run and gun is chrome flesh a must?
"Speech" Matrix Thought Astral

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <07-04-16/1637:22> »
Assuming, you are talking about playing a Rigger and want to know which books you need in descending order of priority:

- Rigger 5 for drones and other vehicles
- Run&Gun for guns and equipment
- Chrome Flesh for a few minor genetic treatments like Pushed and noise cancel equipment like antennae
- Datatrails for mods to your RCC for Sleaze action
- Hard Targets for weapon mods
- Run Faster for some interesting qualities
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <07-04-16/2133:14> »
Hard targets has the rules for extended ammo clips right? whats the biggest one I can get for assault rifles?

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <07-04-16/2141:45> »
+100% capacity, but if you're using Rigger 5 rules that may or may not be necessary.

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <07-04-16/2203:37> »
Right now I'm leaning towards the optional drone mod rules. since those drone mounts have limited ammo unless they're upgraded extending the weapons ammo capacity will save me mod points.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <07-05-16/0000:15> »
Depends on if you need the full auto spray-n-pray option or more precise shooting.

(If y'all were curious why the ammo rules were changed for droneguns, it was a few things. The size of the frames was usually small enough that 250 rounds of belt-fed ammo didn't make much sense, but it was also to give a bit more diversity, so sniper-style shooters or dartgun drones would be an approach outside of MOAR DAKKA. options are good, and it encourages more variety of play. At least, that was the design goal. You'd have to tell me if that worked or not.)