Shadowrun Play > Rules and such

[SR5] Rigger jumped in firing his vehicule weapons

<< < (4/7) > >>

Fabe:
Well in the case of control rigs I'm going with Aaron said in another thread. you use you physical attributes since the whole point of the control rig is to allow you to control a vehicle as if it were your  physical body.

ClaytonCross:

--- Quote from: Fabe on ---Well in the case of control rigs I'm going with Aaron said in another thread. you use you physical attributes since the whole point of the control rig is to allow you to control a vehicle as if it were your  physical body.

--- End quote ---

Err... that makes no since. "whole point of the control rig is to allow you to control a vehicle as if it were your  physical body." does not = use your physical body but in replacement of your physical body. With this logic you would use the stats of the vehicle or drone instead of your body. Technomancers do the same thing and they replace all physical stats with mental pairs. In that a case logic replaces agility anyway.... so again you would use logic by that rule. Your body is limp and its agility pointless in the matrix. Physically fit players get there but handed to them when using matrix actions versus the mentally strong nerds. 

It could be me, but it seems like your really reaching so you can make a high agility gunner/marksman and that is not the case. Logic is the "RC" turret control and gamers are the best remote gunners with there halo controllers out shooting your Rambo types. That is the intent of a drone combat. Nerd weapons in the real world.

belaran:
Hi guys,

I'm sorry I forgot to click on notify so I was not aware so many answers came in. First of all, thanks for your sharing your thoughts, it really helped me.

So to recap:

--- Quote ---Question 1) is - does the +2d for matrix action applies ? Technically, it's NOT a matrix action, but it could be argued he should get the bonus "in exchange" of this being a complex action...
--- End quote ---

Yes, it does because any Pilot/Firing actions while Jumped is a Matrix Action.

--- Quote ---Question 2) is - does is control rig bonus applies to the limit - thus making the test (Gunnery + Logic) [Accuracy + Control Rig Level].

--- End quote ---

Yes, it does.

--- Quote ---Question 3): in the rule it states that the control rig adds its level to all the vehicule limits, but I've also heard in the Critical Glitch Podcast that it adds its level to the dice pool, but I could not find that in the core rulebook (1st printing). Can you either confirm or infirm this ?
--- End quote ---

It was confirmed, and it is stated in the Control Rig augmentation description (but not reminded in the Rigger chapter):

"When you’re jumped into a vehicle or drone, the control rig provides its Rating as a dice pool bonus on all Vehicle skill tests. Additionally, the rating of your control rig is added to the Handling and Speed of any vehicle you are jumped into. As if that was not enough, your Vehicle Test thresholds are reduced by the rating of your control rig (to a minimum of 1), again when you’re jumped in."

And the last line is also a nice discovery for my rigger player !!!

Thanks all !

Fabe:
I guess I was a bit unclear, I would still use logic/gunnery even when jumped in but would use reaction/pilot for driving not logic. the control rig is re-routing nerve singles to the vehicle with handling/acceleration acting as the limits while with normal VR its just reading you thoughts like  those mind controlled toys they have now a days. 

control rig -you just do without having to activity ,consciously thinking about just like you don't have to activity think about walking. you just walk

VR,- you activity have to think about what you want to do. real world example is the star wars force trainer toy, you activity  have to concentrate on powering the fan to lift the ball.

belaran:

--- Quote ---I guess I was a bit unclear, I would still use logic/gunnery even when jumped in but would use reaction/pilot for driving not logic.
--- End quote ---

No worries, Fabe, this was never a question of mine, (Pilot + Reaction) for Driving. My only question was regarding what to use (and if the +2d bonuses applied to it) when firing a weapon while jumped into the weapon's vehicule.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version