Shadowrun Play > Rules and such

[SR5] Rigger jumped in firing his vehicule weapons

(1/7) > >>

belaran:
Hi,

I'm just trying to check my understanding of the rules here, is not spotty. So  my PC, a rigger, is jumped into his vehicule (a VTOL). So he is in VR, hot stim, has the usual initiative bonuses, plus +2d for matrix action. The vehicule has a turret with a machine gun, so when he fires with it he uses (Gunnery + Logic) [Accuracy] - and it's a complex action (not a simple one).

Question 1) is - does the +2d for matrix action applies ? Technically, it's NOT a matrix action, but it could be argued he should get the bonus "in exchange" of this being a complex action...

Question 2) is - does is control rig bonus applies to the limit - thus making the test (Gunnery + Logic) [Accuracy + Control Rig Level].

Side question about control rig 3): in the rule it states that the control rig adds its level to all the vehicule limits, but I've also heard in the Critical Glitch Podcast that it adds its level to the dice pool, but I could not find that in the core rulebook (1st printing). Can you either confirm or infirm this ?

Thansk !!!

FancyDerek:
#2) Under Control Rig in the cyberware section:
 When you’re jumped into a vehicle or drone, the control rig provides its Rating as a dice pool bonus on all Vehicle skill tests

Gunnery is a Vehicle Skill therefore you get the rating of the control rig as a DP bonus.

ClaytonCross:
Question 1) is - does the +2d for matrix action applies ? Technically, it's NOT a matrix action, but it could be argued he should get the bonus "in exchange" of this being a complex action...

-Actually all driving tests AND Gunnery are considered matrix actions while jumped in (SR5 p266). This raises an argument though since the control rig says it adds +1 to matrix actions, the matrix section says it adds +2 for matrix actions while in hot sim. So you can say specific over rules general and its +1 (SR5 p451), you can say its a typo and the matrix hot sim is +2 (SR5 p230), or you can say its a hardware bonus of +1 and a hot sim of +2 for a total of plus 3. Most GMs rule +2 because if +3 riggers can be better than deckers in the matrix and if +1 why would you ever go hot sim and risk death for a 33% chance for 1 hit.

Question 2) is - does is control rig bonus applies to the limit - thus making the test (Gunnery + Logic) [Accuracy + Control Rig Level].

- Gunnery +rig bonus(SR5 p451) +2 hotsim +logic  [Accuracy + rig bonus(SR5 p266)]

Side question about control rig 3): in the rule it states that the control rig adds its level to all the vehicle limits, but I've also heard in the Critical Glitch Podcast that it adds its level to the dice pool, but I could not find that in the core rule book (1st printing). Can you either confirm or infirm this ?

-Its in there I have the pages marked at home but not with me now (Edited into equation above). They are spread out which makes it annoying.

ClaytonCross:
Added relevant page numbers to my previous entry.

Fabe:

--- Quote from: ClaytonCross on ---

Side question about control rig 3): in the rule it states that the control rig adds its level to all the vehicle limits, but I've also heard in the Critical Glitch Podcast that it adds its level to the dice pool, but I could not find that in the core rule book (1st printing). Can you either confirm or infirm this ?

-Its in there I have the pages marked at home but not with me now (Edited into equation above). They are spread out which makes it annoying.

--- End quote ---

Its in the gear section om page 452. the entry for the control rig says it adds its rating as a die pool bonus. My question is does the control rig add to both the the limit and the die pool or does it only add to one of them and one of sections is wrong.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version