NEWS

[5e OOC] Hunters Chapter 2: Fontanelle

• 496 Replies

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #210 on: <07-12-16/1656:49> »
I haven't worked out the wording, but the general gist of Mercer's monologue will be that he abhors the to the death aspect, but two adults entered in to the arrangement of their own free will, so he won't intervene, though he won't hesitate to end the mage if the means of murder enters into the realm of inhumane. Torture was neither agreed to, nor is it remotely honorable.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #211 on: <07-12-16/1702:14> »
He'll also probably try to get the mage's goad by throwing in a comment about how underwhelming the combat was. The lightning bolt the elf threw had style and flair, this goop thing is weak sauce. If he can get the crowd to agree, then maybe the mage might be forced to drop the spell and use more flashy methods deserving of a proper mage fight.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #212 on: <07-12-16/1727:47> »
@Mal, let's call that a Negotiation test.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #213 on: <07-13-16/1624:44> »

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #214 on: <07-13-16/1629:11> »
Cool.  Go ahead and post ICly, and I'll get a response up.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #215 on: <07-14-16/1801:08> »
IC up. Rather than make this take forever in a back and forth, I put a little bit of everything up - inferring that the Amerind is a toxic mage to lure him into attacking or losing focus on the spell, trying to work the crowd into demanding a better fight (do-over!), and lastly trying to shame the mage into de-gooing Flickr before killing him, which might at least give Flickr another chance. If all that fails, then hopefully the mage opts for torturing Flickr and Mercer will be justified in putting a bullet between the man's eyes.

Point being that Mercer might change his speech if one of those avenues begins to show promise, so the current monologue is not set in stone.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #216 on: <07-15-16/1145:34> »
@Mal, good IC.  You effectively threw the Amerind off his game.

@bangbang, Flickr is conscious again.  You need to Soak 4P using BOD only.  Also make a BOD + WIL test.  There are no rules for what happens when a magician of one tradition is "infused" with magical materials of another tradition, but I feel like this has some interesting RP and mechanical possibilities -- both positive and negative depending on how a series of rolls will play out.  I'm also ruling that since Flickr is a Chaos mage, he will be better suited for this sort of thing than most, since Chaos mages aren't as singularly focused on the "one twue way" of magic.

The Amerind and his second will be leaving unless Mercer and Flickr try to stop them.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #217 on: <07-15-16/1808:44> »
Nice save Mal :)
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #218 on: <07-15-16/1900:32> »
@rnb,Zwei - Thanks.

@rnb - The Choctaw and his second seem like a cool duo. I kind of hope we see them again, even as opponents, but hopefully as allies or at least neutral parties.

The pitstop on the way back to base is simply to lose tails and look for trackers. Paranoia type stuff, so we don't need to RP that part, though we can make rolls if you like. Likewise, the last look around is just to make sure no one is paying undue attention, etc.

@all - I don't want to create any internal conflict in the group, but obviously the use of lethal force (and overcasting, no less) on a non-Infected that isn't a mortal threat is something Mercer feels needs to be addressed. I seem to recall bbt stating that he was going to redo his spells to include some single target stun based spells or something, so that might be something where we can skip the actual confrontation and just skip to "oh, hey, I use non-lethal against metas now". Or if anyone feels like writing it up, they can. Zwei or Tec can mention some yelling behind a closed door or something, or if bbt feels that Flickr would be more subdued, maybe he can just quietly (or even sheepishly) acknowledge that he won't do it again.

Or he can feel strongly about putting down any meta foolish enough to give him some lip, in which case it'll likely continue to be a point of friction in the team dynamic. I just don't want to spend two days (or weeks) of back and forth over the incident. 12 dice of Leadership means that Mercer can probably keep him in check most of the time, but that's not the way he prefers to operate.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #219 on: <07-15-16/1926:03> »
Faces gon' face. Leaders gon' lead.

Unless rednblack (or any of you) has plans, let's fast-forward to the warehouse. We can pick up in the middle of the debriefing. Mercer can lecture Achak about having his commlink off, if he so chooses.

We can either:
1) say SpitFire or Mercer retrieved Achak from the Champagne Room, much to Achak's annoyance,
or
2) the rest of the team left without Achak (perhaps denied access to the Champagne Room by Kadie's security, but then leaving anyway after figuring he was in public and safe), and Achak later made his own way back to the warehouse, in direct violation of the buddy system.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #220 on: <07-15-16/1930:20> »
In other news, happy 2-year anniversary on the forums to Zweiblumen, who reached that milestone yesterday. Mal reaches his 2-year mark in a week and a half. Rednblack reached his 2-year milestone last month. All these players all joining the site within a month of each other.

I hit 5 years at the end of the month. Evidently July is a popular month to join, judging by this group.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #221 on: <07-15-16/2325:34> »
Doh!  I posted ICly before I read the OOC post :(  Trying to a little more on the ball.  I can retconn any of that.  Dunno how much longer Achak's gonna be in the champaign room, but SF would stick around to give him a ride.  With all of the other commotion moving on and being in his van he'd spend more time on getting a micro drone up in the room to make sure that Achak was okay.

Lemme know if you want me to pull that post or tweak it to make more sense.

And thanks!  It feels both longer and shorter than two years :)  For some reason I thought RnB has been around about as long as Tec.  Speaking of, my wife hopefully caught a pic for you when we where leaving her folks house.  I'll remind her to send it to me this weekend.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #222 on: <07-16-16/0025:29> »
What pic is this?

The forward-skip \was just a suggestion. I wouldn't be surprised if people wanted to respond to the immediate aftermath of the duel. I was just trying to get Achak reintegrated more quickly, as he has no intention of leaving the Champagne Room without being dragged out and Shur might not let anyone back in to retrieve Achak. (I suppose Shur could evict Achak for being an accomplice of Flickr, which would just make Achak loathe Shur that much more.)

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #223 on: <07-16-16/1642:03> »
The pitstop on the way back to base is simply to lose tails and look for trackers. Paranoia type stuff, so we don't need to RP that part, though we can make rolls if you like. Likewise, the last look around is just to make sure no one is paying undue attention, etc.

Well, then let's paranoia it up.  I'll take a Perception and a REA + Sneaking test. 

Let's move things forward to the warehouse.  I'm not available for an IC today, but you should all feel free to get yourselves there and RP as you see fit.  Sounds like Spitfire would hold out for Achak, which would take another little bit for him to exhaust his stash with Lola.  Spitfire's really gotta be wondering what they hell he got himself into. 

In other news, happy 2-year anniversary on the forums to Zweiblumen, who reached that milestone yesterday. Mal reaches his 2-year mark in a week and a half. Rednblack reached his 2-year milestone last month. All these players all joining the site within a month of each other.

I hit 5 years at the end of the month. Evidently July is a popular month to join, judging by this group.

That's pretty crazy.  I remember coming here specifically for finding PbP games, and started GMing one almost immediately having done nothing but read through the CRB once.  I really like PbP as a way to get to learn the rules pretty quickly. 

@Mal, having reviewed the footage, Mercer sees that the waitress who came up to Chris after he got geeked palmed his Knucks. 

@Zwei, if you want to go ahead and give a shot at Cracking the files on what's left of the briefcase, give it a go. 

Big week plot-wise coming up.  Depending on how well Spitfire does on his encryption, and how much of the briefcase contents are still readable, there should be a good deal of intel coming your way.  There's also the address that Flickr brings to the table to think about as well. 
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #224 on: <07-17-16/0229:30> »
Perception [INT 5 + Perception 6 + Visual Spec 2]: 13d6t5 4
Also, after getting in the Roadmaster, he'll be putting on his ballistic mask, which will provide him with another 3 dice:
Vision Enhance 3: 3d6t5 2

This is an odd test unless this was meant for Zwei...
Not sure [REA 5 + Sneaking 1]: 6d6t5 1
That's not great.