NEWS

We need to outsmart/outlive Hans Brackhaus

• 18 Replies

witchdoctor

• Chummer
« Reply #15 on: <05-04-16/2357:25> »
Uh... Hans Brackhaus didn't get a reputation for eating subordinates for failing him for nothing. You may need to disappear permanently, Hans Brackhaus is probably going to have you killed simply to uphold his reputation. The expense of doing so would be chump change compared to the hit to his rep for not doing so. I'd say good luck but Lady Luck knows better than to cross Lofwyr.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #16 on: <05-05-16/0101:13> »
Lofwyr doesn't eat every runner team that fails a job. That would be coutnerproductive, as it means the best teams would simply avoid working for him. Those who fail due to incompetence, who put his interests at risk, or fail badly at very important tasks will get eaten, yeah, but not every team. Especially not if they show Respect, like giving over the data they have and returning what money they hadn't already spent. If you are going to fail a run for Lofwyr, show Respect.

Also, there's a difference between Brackhaus and 'Brackhaus'. If you're lucky, you're not dealing with a run direct for Lofwyr, in which case normal rules apply. But you never have any way of knowing what is a run for Lofwyr, and what is a run for a mid-level S-K manager looking to boost his division's profits (though anything high-paying tends to be more and more likely to be for Lofwyr).
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <05-05-16/0746:55> »
Come now. There is only one Herr Brackhaus; me.

L

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <05-05-16/1400:46> »
One point of consistency: there appears to never have been a femme Brackhaus, genuine or otherwise.

Deliberate? Or . . .