NEWS

[RECRUITMENT] Shadows of the Past

• 13 Replies

Cash

• Newb
« on: <02-27-16/1931:58> »
This will be my first Play by Post game, as a GM or as a player.

The city is Seattle. The year is 2077.  You were a legend once, ten, even twenty years ago. Your whole team did some pretty crazy drek in the shadows. That last score back in 2065 was enough to let you finally retire in style. Problem was, it made some pretty heavy enemies. When you retired, you went fully off the grid. Rating 6 fake SINs and everything. You scattered to the winds, left Seattle behind. Started a new life. But it wasn't enough. Last week, you received a desperate video message from Omar, your old fixer. How he found you with how deep you went, you don't know. But it was audio only, and he didn't sound good. He sounded terrified. Through labored breathing, he told you that they found him. That they found Megablaster, your old mage. He was dead now. Z3roFuxx, your old decker, is missing. And now they might be coming for you. He was on the run, but he needed you. He needed to warn you. He needed--then the sound of violence was heard before the line went dead. The only clue was a PO Box address that was attached as a plain text file to the message. It's time to come out of retirement and find out who is after you, before they send you out to pasture for good.

Needed: 3-5 Players
Roles needed: All.
Slots Filled:
The Magic: Nobody yet.
The Muscle: Nobody yet.
The Smooth Talker: Nobody Yet.
The Matrix Cowboy: Nobody Yet.
The Wild Card: Nobody yet.

Character Creation:
Modified Karma Creation from Run Faster.
2000 Karma
No Attribute Limits (other than actual metatype limits)
No Skill Limits or Skill Group Limits (other than the regular 12/13 with necessary qualities).
Vanilla Metatypes only. No Infected. No variants.
No Technomancers.
Only 500 karma may be spent on Resources
Availability Limit 24
Cyberware Limits: 1 piece of Delta grade maximum. The rest may be Beta, Alpha, or Standard. Or Used, if that's how you like to party.
Initiation/Submersion Limits: None. As many as you can afford.
No free knowledge points or Contacts points.
Qualities: Everyone takes Legendary Rep PQ without being required to pay the karma cost for it. It does not count toward your limit of Positive/Negative Karma. In this case, that limit is 35 as with prime runner priority character generation.
To those who have reservation about making such powerful characters, I will caution this: This game will be what the players make it. Black Trenchcoat or Pink Mohawk or Pink Trenchcoat, it matters not to me. But the dice will be unforgiving. The opposition will be just as well equipped and unforgiving. Death is final, unless you burn that precious Edge to survive.
When submitting characters, I will not consider them without a backstory. It doesn't have to be 15 pages, but I'd prefer at least 1. I also don't want any HeroLab or Chummer export sheets either. Those are both extremely buggy when trying to ignore character creation guidelines and with karma generation. Yes, I know. But Cash, you say, that means I have to figure it out all long hand and send it to you as a text block? YUP. SHORE DOES.

I look forward to hearing from interested parties. Drop a line here or send me a PM.

« Last Edit: <02-27-16/2152:10> by Cash »

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <02-27-16/2043:40> »
Not much time at this particular moment, but I'll definitely be looking into seeing about putting something together. I think I could make a bad ass mofo with that.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <02-27-16/2348:08> »
I am interested, I could try and work up Smiley for Prime Runner as an exercise.  Sending you the backstory.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <02-28-16/0455:23> »
Just a comment - you can use chummer in a simple manner and without bugs.
Just select qualities meta type and so forth. Then mark the character as created. and add as much Karma you have remaining and as much money as you need. Attach everything in career mode it has no limitations and I just quickly created a super mage with 2000 karma like that she felt more like a demigoddess than an actual mage.

Cash

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <02-28-16/0643:07> »
Just a comment - you can use chummer in a simple manner and without bugs.
Just select qualities meta type and so forth. Then mark the character as created. and add as much Karma you have remaining and as much money as you need. Attach everything in career mode it has no limitations and I just quickly created a super mage with 2000 karma like that she felt more like a demigoddess than an actual mage.
Nope.

ETA: Yes. That is doable. Absolutely. I just hate messing with that and I've seen the math come off horribly skewed so I just decided to go with manual char gen. I know it probably chafes with some people, but it's what I'm most comfortable with considering the power level of the PC's.
« Last Edit: <02-28-16/1235:43> by Cash »

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <02-28-16/0943:18> »
Actually, nevermind, while I'd love to be a part of such an advanced game, the hatred shown for HeroLab in the original post (this is the largest since the argument used absolutely does not apply to using it to take care of the math) and that the free Knowledge and Contact points were removed are deal breakers.

Fix those problems, and we're golden.
« Last Edit: <02-28-16/0956:36> by All4BigGuns »
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <02-28-16/1021:43> »
Would a rigger be acceptable as the Wild Card? If not, I'd submit a street samurai as muscle.

Also, what kind of dice pools are we aiming at here? With 2000 karma you could build a character that is well rounded from decades in the business, or someone who is hyper specialized to the exclusion of almost everything else. It'd be helpful to know the range I should build towards.

Cash

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <02-28-16/1233:31> »
Would a rigger be acceptable as the Wild Card? If not, I'd submit a street samurai as muscle.

Also, what kind of dice pools are we aiming at here? With 2000 karma you could build a character that is well rounded from decades in the business, or someone who is hyper specialized to the exclusion of almost everything else. It'd be helpful to know the range I should build towards.

A rigger would totally work. And I plan on making the opposition match the runners. So if I get a bunch of extremely well rounded characters submitted, I'll go that route. If someone wants to make a gunslinger adept that is throwing 31 dice to shoot the bad guy in the face, well, that works too. Tbh tho, I'm thinking that it will be somewhere in a happy medium. Probably 20-24 dice for the serious opposition, 16-19 for goon level baddies.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <02-28-16/1246:19> »
Cool, I'll get cracking on a background.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <02-29-16/0512:06> »
Sheet + Concept (troll muscle secondary wheelman) submitted.

What's the chance we'd work on backgrounds as a group?
« Last Edit: <03-01-16/0624:16> by Novocrane »

bangbangtequila

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <02-29-16/2216:51> »
I'm tempted to try my hand. I'm a very experienced PbP player, but the character I have in mind is a mage, and I have never played an awakened. It would be an Elf custom tradition, and I'm not entirely sure what the focus will be but it will definitely be the sort of  combat mage that emphasizes "gack the mage first"

Cash

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <03-01-16/2338:16> »
I'm tempted to try my hand. I'm a very experienced PbP player, but the character I have in mind is a mage, and I have never played an awakened. It would be an Elf custom tradition, and I'm not entirely sure what the focus will be but it will definitely be the sort of  combat mage that emphasizes "gack the mage first"

So far I've had a few responses, but not all of them have included the background stuff I asked for. The ones that do are the ones I'm considering. That said, I haven't chosen all the players yet, so feel free to submit a background. :)

&#24525;

« Reply #12 on: <03-05-16/1954:42> »
I, too, would like to get in on this :)

hadaalia

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <04-22-16/0027:18> »
Is this still a go?

Interested in playing your smooth talker. Oh man, this sounds fun. Will build a character tomorrow.

Would also be interested in being a mage, but it looks like there's some interest there already.
"Speech."
'Thought'
'Astral'
<< Matrix
"Subvocal."
Sign Language