NEWS

Tangled Currents - OOC thread

• 383 Replies

adamu

« Reply #75 on: <04-29-16/1411:49> »
@Professor - nice call to use the sweep, for a couple of reasons - you'll see soon enough that this guy is...not really himself right now...you can sense that he's much stronger and tougher than you would expect, and hitting him might not have as much effect as you'd have liked.

Other thing is that you are pretty high up, and there's no wall or railing at all. You have so may net successes I'm happy to let you control the direction of his fall...

So go ahead and IC successfully sweeping him before he can cut anybody.
Please be sure to
(1) mention the sense that he is - for whatever reason, there are a few possibilities - stronger/faster than you'd expect (you can see it in the eyes, or he can be screaming, or do some sort of superhuman posturing, whatever you like)
and
(2) which direction you choose for him to fall......

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #76 on: <05-03-16/0129:28> »
Just to be sure are the two pieces of arm-candy screaming inside the room with Blue Dragon?  or out on the landing with me?

adamu

« Reply #77 on: <05-03-16/0437:59> »
Just to be sure are the two pieces of arm-candy screaming inside the room with Blue Dragon?  or out on the landing with me?

Out on the landing with you.

Shocking, I know, that Blue Dragon didn't see to their safety before his own.

adamu

« Reply #78 on: <05-07-16/1944:21> »
@Big Guns

If you have more questions - by all means ask.

If not, then while I may toss something your way if I find myself with time and inspiration, a bit of time in the game world is going to pass before you get the call explaining more details of the job you've agreed to.

In the meantime, if you have any other projects you want to do - personal or professional - go for it.

Feel free to double/triple post etc. without me if it is a personal project.
But of course if you toss the ball to me by initiating something that you need me to post on, of course I'll respond.

I'll post "the call" once I'm (1) sure you have done whatever you might like in the meantime and (2) once some other timelines catch up to you.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #79 on: <05-07-16/2042:52> »
Never did get a response on putting some of this karma toward beefing the mechanical levels of his social skills given how I'd been playing him thus far.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

adamu

« Reply #80 on: <05-07-16/2141:17> »
With how I've been playing him up so far, I think I need to dump some of this Karma into a few ranks of improvement to his Social Skills...

Hadn't realized this was a question.

No problem to spend karma on that..

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #81 on: <05-09-16/2217:54> »
@Mercy:  I was at a bit of a loss of which way to go, so thought I'd let the dice (or die) guide me.  I figured 'negotiate' was the best skill for 'look, I'm interested, but need a little more space and time to take this all in.'  A deliberate chance .... and this happened:  negotiate: 1d6t5 1

You already saw the way I interpreted that in my IC email.  Sorry I hadn't gotten this post up until now.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #82 on: <05-10-16/0318:54> »
I think you miss read that, it's actually a success.

1d6t5: 1 [1d6t5=5]
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #83 on: <05-10-16/0328:05> »
So I did.  I removed the post.  I was thinking he was saying that he rolled a 1.  Sorry.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #84 on: <05-10-16/1018:33> »
I think you miss read that, it's actually a success.

1d6t5: 1 [1d6t5=5]

I totally did -- saw a '1' and went "OK, I know which of the three options I've thought of to write up."

I guess i should have read more carefully!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #85 on: <05-10-16/1104:39> »
Glad to be of assistance. And I spotted this only because I once made the exact same mistake  ;D
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #86 on: <05-10-16/1706:30> »
@Prof Gast

There are a lot of fancy rules for beating down a barrier.

It's, like, a normal locked door.
I've looked at your sheet.
No need fo dice.

See upcoming IC.

EDIT - okay, the IC is up.

So, new combat turn.

Need initiative, actions, and rolls you'll need for your actions.
And defense rolls.
« Last Edit: <05-10-16/1717:00> by adamu »

adamu

« Reply #87 on: <05-10-16/1933:12> »
@everyone in my game -

life hitting a crazy patch.

May not be able to keep up my two-bump-a-week resolution for the next little while.

I'll definitely be around as much as I can, though.

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #88 on: <05-14-16/2150:33> »
Initiative: 2d6+11 16

Actions kinda depend on who acts first etc.  If Sam takes first action he will definitely take an attack action, with Martial Arts: Kick.  This'll give him a pool of 15 with +1 reach.
Kick Attack: 16d6t5 6 hits

If Sam is attacked he'll probably Edge Push the Limit a Counterstrike attack, which will be an exploding dice pool of 20 as an interrupt action.
Counterstrike: 20d6h5 10 hits

As a note though, Sam *does* have Adrenaline Surge which means unless his enemy is using Edge or has similar quality, he should be acting first.

P.S. I'm having horrific loading times on the site right now... kinda sapping my will to log in and check :-\
« Last Edit: <05-14-16/2155:15> by ProfGast »

adamu

« Reply #89 on: <05-16-16/1916:00> »
@Prof Gast

I totally feel you about the load times on this site.

I just also keep Dumpshock open (when it's not down), and I do my posting there while I wait for this silly board to load my next page. Driving me crazy!

Anyway, yeah, you go first.

You can post yourself kicking the nasty beast spirit good and hard, even knocking it down.

Then from where it is sprawled on the floor it will use Fear on you. You'll need three hits on a Will + Log test to not run away in terror.

You can go ahead and IC-post that result once you determine it as well.

If you are not running in terror, then declare and roll for your next action here.