NEWS

[5E OOC] Trial by fire

• 397 Replies

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #90 on: <02-25-16/2134:45> »
If Zweiblumen doesn't want to repeat himself, we can have Legolas and Boromir intercept the Uruk-hai and bring him up to speed. Knucks doesn't know that he's working with anyone else though.

Somebody give that man a karma.  I'm dying over here.

But yes, I agree.  For brevity's sake we should get Knucks in with the rest of the group.  I wasn't sure how to do it without flagging down the ganger-looking ork in the truck, which is really not Uffington's style. 

Maybe Knucks sees someone who looks like they may be holding, and when he gets out he overhears Expo and Uff talking about gang activity, and that piques his interest?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #91 on: <02-25-16/2234:25> »
Wait, I screwed up the joke. I was supposed to say Gimli, not Boromir.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #92 on: <02-26-16/0037:52> »
Yeah, I was expecting you to go talk to Marianna before starting to work.

I've got all kinds of GM fail going on here.  I'll tidy up with an IC post.  Sorry to delay you Tec.

Also, @Tec gets a NERPS for the epic Tolkien reference.  I was just thinking about how we've a group with no humans in it.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #93 on: <02-26-16/0107:25> »
And my browser ate my post.  Sorry for the delay, I'll have an IC for you in the morning.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #94 on: <02-26-16/0120:19> »
My mental math was figuring that it wasn't quite 4:30 yet. Knucks gets some tacos for lunch, takes a siesta, packs his stuff, drives over. I was thinking he had an hour to kill before the meeting with Marianna.

As for browsers eating posts, it happens to me all the time. I almost always Ctrl-A + Ctrl-C before posting. And if the browser does eat it, I have decent success using the Back button in Chrome, which often retains the values in form fields like the posting window.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #95 on: <02-26-16/1107:29> »
I'm not seeing any GM fails, Zwei.  GM can't do everything.  I was wondering about time though myself, as in: does Uffington have an hour to try to rest off that 1 Stun, but I figured that with traveling back and forth, he probably didn't.

By the way, do you want me to pay cab fare or something to get down to the gallery?  I don't know how far the Dogpatch is from Halferville, if the buses run in Halferville to the Dogpatch, and that sort of thing.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #96 on: <02-26-16/1223:16> »
My mental math was figuring that it wasn't quite 4:30 yet. Knucks gets some tacos for lunch, takes a siesta, packs his stuff, drives over. I was thinking he had an hour to kill before the meeting with Marianna.

As for browsers eating posts, it happens to me all the time. I almost always Ctrl-A + Ctrl-C before posting. And if the browser does eat it, I have decent success using the Back button in Chrome, which often retains the values in form fields like the posting window.

I usually have everything in a document, then I copy it into the browser.  But last night I was trying to re-work how things were flowing on the fly and just went straight to the browser.  And yeah, Chrome is usually good about that, but I was having some frustration induced(and -ing) fails.  Decided to call it quits before I made things worse.

I'm not seeing any GM fails, Zwei.  GM can't do everything.  I was wondering about time though myself, as in: does Uffington have an hour to try to rest off that 1 Stun, but I figured that with traveling back and forth, he probably didn't.

By the way, do you want me to pay cab fare or something to get down to the gallery?  I don't know how far the Dogpatch is from Halferville, if the buses run in Halferville to the Dogpatch, and that sort of thing.

Thanks Red :)  As for time, with you being all the way out in Halferville that might be tight, though you could arguably rest on the way from there back to Dogpatch.  (Halferville is on the east side of Oakland)  For some reason I thought you were over by the GGP in the outer sunset, but digging through the thread I can't see any reason I have that belief.  BART is cheap.  Gimme ¥10 for the ride.  A cab or Über/Lyft would run you about ¥80.
Taking the BART makes it risky to try and nap (you've got about a 90min ride).  Taking an Über/Lyft/cab you'll be 'safe' and could more easily get away with it.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #97 on: <02-26-16/1232:20> »
Okay, I've taken some more time to digest everything that's gone on so far.  I interpreted the thoughts of buying a bump of coke as poking around.  Thought I'd addressed that.  I'm going to re-write my IC a bit differently than I had before.  I'm gonna end it with you being parked outside the Gallery.  You can head in and talk to Marianna or check out Legolas and Gimli wandering around, up to you.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #98 on: <02-26-16/1238:43> »
I'll pay the 10 and keep the one stun.

Updating char sheet.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

badneighbor

• Chummer
« Reply #99 on: <02-26-16/1329:26> »
Just to note, in my mind Expo is not geared up currently. He's only got his holdout, no other weapons or armor. Since we're talking about how much time has passed, my plan was for him to make a quick stop at his apartment after talking to the hobos. Shouldn't take too long, I don't think. Stating that now so time doesn't get away.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #100 on: <02-26-16/1356:23> »
@BN No worries.  I threw you in the gallery already in a situation where your char is expecting to sell things not shoot people.  Your doss is < 30 min away I'm not gonna penalize you for my storytelling.  It's easy enough for you to grab it before anything interesting happens even after chatting with the hobo.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #101 on: <02-26-16/1356:46> »
My post assumes that Expo is wearing his Mortimer of London suit.

I don't know if Expo and Uffington are directly in front of the gallery and/or if they would intercept Knucks. He won't initiate any conversation as they don't look like the types he'd be working with.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #102 on: <02-26-16/1359:13> »
Thanks for makin' my life easy Tec :)

@Expo
Post away, put your social rolls in here and remember that for an Etiquette roll Uff helped you out.  You get +1 limit and +3 dice since orokos didn't hate him for once :)

badneighbor

• Chummer
« Reply #103 on: <02-26-16/2353:57> »
If it's alright, can we just say Expo had time to change into his gear before heading out to start his legwork? Since I think everyone assumed he had it on anyway. If that's the case, he'd have both guns equipped and all armor except his helmet and mask, which he'd have concealed under his coat.

Ok, so social roll to bribe the homeless for info is Negotiation, I assume?

So Cha 6 + Negotiation 5 + Pheromones 2 + Suit & Coat 2 + Teamwork 3 = 18 dice

Bribing some hobos: 18d6t5 6

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #104 on: <02-28-16/1548:26> »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal