NEWS

[5E OOC] Trial by fire

• 397 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #60 on: <02-23-16/1847:54> »
Knucks will shift to a "down" state in order to do some recon and get the lay of the land, per Fish Boy's recommendation. He'll switch to an "up" state later while he's on duty.

He'll drive by first and see what the parking and security situation is like. He wants to see if it's safe to park or if he needs to walk. He also wants to know what the local security presence might be link: gangs vs. corps vs. SFPD. I presume he doesn't know just based on the address given his relative unfamiliarity with the city.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #61 on: <02-23-16/1906:05> »
Sounds good.

Parking is "safe" for some value there of.  Parking your shitty car in the area isn't going to be a problem.  It'll blend in fine.  The area is starting to get gentrified, so it's better, but still not great.

Gimme a Gangs knowledge check.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #62 on: <02-23-16/1922:48> »
Intuition 5 + Gangs 5: 9d6t5 3 hits

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #63 on: <02-23-16/1931:43> »
As you cruise the neighborhood you can tell that it sure as hell isn't corp security around here.  Probably not SFPD or if it is, it's very low-key moderate.  It looks like the area is starting to gentrify.  So there's still a bit of a barrens feel to the area, but there are nicer shops and places like the gallery popping up.

Being new to town, you still don't know much about what gangs are in the area.  You'd have to ask around for that info.  But this definitely looks like gang territory, or it was until recently.  As you're driving around you a couple of different gang symbols floating around marking territory.  It's pretty muddled right now, various signs being scuffed or defaced with newer ones over top.  Seems like there's been a lot of "conversations" about who owns what corner around here.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #64 on: <02-23-16/1955:06> »
Sounds good. I'm done until the meet.

Loadout

== Tech ==
Hermes Ikon + accessories, I'll have it run silent unless someone/something needs a SIN, in which case I'll broadcast the fake one

== Armor ==
Armor Vest
Custom Ballistic Mask (not to the meet but for work)
Forearm Guards (with a couple throwing knives in the concealed pockets)

== Weapons == (left in a duffel bag in the truck for the meet, except the boots)
Grenade: Flash-Bang
Mossberg AM-CMDT loaded with flechette, with a clip/mag each of the other ammo types
Plasteel Toe Boots
Throwing knives stashed around my person via Barrens Rat (Palming: Agility 9 + Palming 1: 10d6t5 4 hits)

== Chems and Meds ==
A drug sampler kit
Medkit R6
Stim Patch R6
Tranq Patch R6
Trauma Patch

It appears I forgot to add a smartlink to my ballistic mask. Since I presume I can't wear my glasses underneath the mask, can I go back and add the the smartlink? It's fine for Availability but I'll have to free up some nuyen, which should be doable.

Separately, I just noticed that Smartlinks have a capacity of [1] when added to glasses/goggles but a capacity of [3] when added to cybereyes. I wonder why they decided to do it that way.

badneighbor

• Chummer
« Reply #65 on: <02-23-16/2051:44> »
Rolling to see if Expo knows anything about possible gang activity in the area tonight: SF Street Knowledge: 7d6t5 1

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #66 on: <02-24-16/1108:17> »
Judge Intentions: Judge Intentions: 8d6t5 2

Perception: Perception: 9d6t5 2
No Visual Spec on that roll.

I'm going to guess that isn't enough to notice anything terribly useful, so barring that the next plan is to head back to the squat, grab his Armored Jacket and Crossbow, do some Astral recon around the area, and Summon a Force 5 Spirit of Water.

Assensing: 10d6t5 1
The digital dice are not with me today.

I'd also like to get a general lay of the land in the astral.  Perception?
Astral Perception: 9d6t5 2

Summoning: Force 5: 12d6t5 3

Resist Summoning: 5d6t5 2

Resist Drain: 11d6t5 3

So Uffington gets one Service, and takes one Stun.

After that, he'll be heading to the gallery, get a feel for the place in the physical, and ask if there's a back room or anything like that where he can lay low, and maybe do some more astral scouting.

Last roll will just be to see how much Uffington knows about this area
Area Knowledge: San Francisco: 8d6t5 3
Best roll by far.

Loud Out:
Armored Jacket
Ballistic Mask (Not currently worn)
Medium Crossbow
+ Narcojet Bolts (6)
+ Standard Bolts (6)
Knife (in his pocket)
Credstick
Cram (1)
Psyche (1)
Reagents (20)
Rating 6 Stim Patch (2)
Trauma Patch (1)
Metalink

If this is an area where he needs to be broadcasting a SIN, he'll run Wireless On with his fake.  If this is the kind of area where SINless are still around, he'll run Silent.
« Last Edit: <02-24-16/1118:43> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #67 on: <02-24-16/1246:22> »
I think I want to wrap what I told Tec and the responses for Red and Bad into an IC post.

But for crunch:
@Bad: nope, you haven't heard or noticed anything.

@red: You don't notice anything unusual about Estrella, and you've got a Spirit for the afternoon.  Sunset is at 8:02.  Uffington knows a decent amount about the hood. I'll send you a PM with the details.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #68 on: <02-24-16/1350:48> »
Rednblack, that is some ass-tacular rolling. Between yesterday and today you've put up 31 hits on 132 dice, for 23%. That's 1st percentile rolling.

Better now than when the bullets are flying, at least.

Zweiblumen, yes or no about subtracting some gear to add a smartlink to my ballistic mask?

I would drop:
Stim Patch x1 (¥150)
Tranq Patch x1 (¥120)
Tomahawk x1 (¥200)
Sequencer R4 (¥1000)
Miniwelder (¥250)
Downgrade Autopicker R6 to R5 (¥250)
Flechette (Shotgun) x10 (¥65)

That would get me ¥35 to spare.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #69 on: <02-24-16/1402:14> »
Go for it.

One other thing I noticed about your char.  You took Loss of Confidence, but in an almost tertiary combat skill for you.  Can you change that to longarms or switch the shotgun out for an automatic?  Not much of a NQ if it's for a skill you don't even have equipment to use.  LoC is supposed to be in a skill you pride yourself in.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #70 on: <02-24-16/1410:07> »
Well I definitely don't want to apply Loss of Confidence to Longarms because that would affect the rifle too. He took the rifle and the shotgun because they can ostensibly be used for hunting.

Two options:
1) We can apply Loss of Confidence to the BF and FA modes of the Mossberg, which I had planned on using; and/or,
2) I could pick up a Machine Pistol or SMG. I was thinking either the Steyr TMP or an Uzi IV. One-handed spray-and-pray seems very ganger-esque to me.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #71 on: <02-24-16/1415:19> »
@Zwei, thanks for the PM.  I'll share with the team ICly when we get together.  Also, before we go any further, I'd like to maybe add the Distinctive Style NQ, so that I can buy a point in Survival.  I doubt that Survival and my point in Alchemy will come up in game, but I like the idea of Uffington hunting for his own reagents, and stuff like that.  If the door is closed, I completely understand.  Also, this would be somewhat dependent on if you think Uffington's style goes to the level of "Distinctive."  I could give him a face scar too, which would fit with his low-for-an-elf Charisma.

ETA: Also thinking about Mild Addiction: Psyche.

Also, never rolled for starting cash.  Might as well do it now while my dice are hot  ::) : Starting Jing: 2d6 10
Actually, that's pretty damn good.  That's 400¥.  Will update char sheet.

@Tec, yes, this is really some sub-par rolling on my part. 
« Last Edit: <02-24-16/1420:33> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #72 on: <02-24-16/1725:16> »
@Tec:  In the spirit of LoC, I think it's gotta be something that's important to Knucks.  Something he relies on that he failed at and needs to get back on his feet again with.  In that vein, while spray-and-pray is very ganger-esque, if that's not core to Knucks I'm hesitant.  Also, as the saying goes, a Negative Quality that isn't a negative doesn't count.  I'm still leaning towards the longarms as that's more core to his personality.  With the external smartlink he's still at a DP of 12 with them, so no slouch there.  And his primary way of hurting folks is still with his fists.  Lemme know if that works for you.

@Red: I'll buy that Uff is distinctive.  Make the woad paint a facial tattoo and I think we are good to go there.  I like the story behind it.  That works for me.  If you want an Addiction, just start poppin' Psyche every week.  But honestly, what are you adding it for?
And yeah, that rolling is shite.  Mine's been pretty bad as well.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #73 on: <02-24-16/1744:11> »
@Red: I'll buy that Uff is distinctive.  Make the woad paint a facial tattoo and I think we are good to go there.  I like the story behind it.  That works for me.  If you want an Addiction, just start poppin' Psyche every week.  But honestly, what are you adding it for?
And yeah, that rolling is shite.  Mine's been pretty bad as well.

I'm wanting Distinctive Style or Mild Addiction to cover the cost of the Survival skill.  Again, I don't imagine it really coming into play, but I want Uffington to have it for RP reasons.  Thanks for working with me on it.  I'll add the NQ and the Skill to my char sheet, and update his karma as well.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #74 on: <02-24-16/1759:18> »
I don't think I'm going to be happy if LoC applies to Longarms. I was hoping to experiment with shotguns since I don't see them come up a lot, as most people go straight for Automatics. From an OOC standpoint, the LoC was intended to discourage any temptation to slip back into the warm embrace of an assault rifle. From an IC standpoint, it seems odd that someone with Loss of Confidence would be carrying weapons that he's not confident with.

If the quality isn't a good fit, there are other options that might have a good IC justification to them:
- Insomnia (popping too many pills and/or too much Essense loss)
- Weak Immune System (too many implants)
- Cyberpsychosis (although this technically requires the Antipathy negative quality, which might reasonably apply but which would require more karma juggling since it would push my negative qualities past the -10 threshold of my positive qualities)
- Dead Emotion + Family Curse (the pills, again)
- Poor Self Control: Combat Monster (which I was subconsciously avoiding since I feel a lot of people take it)

Register