NEWS

Unusual glitches?

• 4 Replies

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« on: <01-30-16/0826:46> »
We all know about glitches on skill test rolls but that is not what I have in mind.
I wonder what happens if you have a glitch when activating Adept Powers (like Boost Attribute (AGI))?
What happens if you glitch a defence roll or a soak roll? Does it even matter? Do glitch rules apply to all rolls?

Somehow I never though about it before, any ideas?
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

Lorebane24

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <01-30-16/0907:30> »
I can certainly tell you what NOT to do.  I had a guy once critically glitch on an evasion test and decided he lost his damage resistance roll.  I was later admitting I made a mistake and bringing his character back to life.  These days I usually say they just really overdid it in their attempt to get clear of the attack and end the pass prone.

One idea for glitching on the soak test is to say that their armor has been damaged, reducing its effectiveness by the AP of the hit they just took (minimum 1) until it can be repaired.

For your example of the glitched adept power, you could always just say the drain is increased by 50%, but that seems kind of boring.  Maybe their ability suddenly fluctuates unexpectedly and affects everyone in the room, including foes?  That seems to break the known rules on how adepts function, though.
The power of the Tri-Horse!

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <01-30-16/1253:34> »
Wow, fluctuating power sounds awesome!
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <01-30-16/1624:06> »
I tend to say a glitched evasion test means the target rolls only Body. Grunts critically glitching are dead.

A grunt glitching a resistance test in any way is dead... critical glitch it's just more spectacular. (And stomach churning for the blood phobic face)

Activated adept powers I would go with increased drain, it is one of the reccomended ways of handling glitched spells.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

&#24525;

« Reply #4 on: <01-30-16/1908:20> »
You could use the toxin effects for crit glitch on a power test. Nausea or disorientation would be neat. Maybe force that PC to astrally perceive for [Force] combat turns.