NEWS

the Magos [Prime Runner build]

• 5 Replies

thePrimarch

• Newb
« on: <01-14-16/1120:34> »
I made this guy more as a fun test of Chrome Flesh than anything else. I somewhat intend to use him as an NPC or potential Contact (see his Day Job), but honestly, he exists more to test the rules and play with the theme than anything else. He's effectively a jack-of-all-trades Street Sammie, which is probably not the best of builds, but I think his general skill variety and overall sturdiness could help a lot in a party that already has its primary roles well-covered.

Sorry if the formatting is a little weird, and that I've embedded him into an adobe doc. Let me know what you guys think.

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <01-14-16/1143:22> »
That's neat but he doesn't really need a Router.
Have you tried a Biocompatability [Cyberware] Quality? With that amount of cyberware it should reduce your essense losses significantly. Maybe you could even find some place for Damage Compensators.
Good choice with that Pain Editor. I think it is one of the best picks for Restricted Gear! This or Suprathyroid Gland. Pain Editor suits a techpreist better though.
Needs more cybereye enhancements. Just because.

Code: [Select]
+CORPUS FINIS+MACHINA MAGNUS+SANCTUS METALLUM+POTESTAS OMNISSIAH, OMNISSIAH VULT+DEATH TO THE ENEMIES OF THE MACHINE GOD+
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

thePrimarch

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <01-14-16/1150:02> »
Yeah, the router's probably not necessary. I just thought it was a neat addition that fits well with what I'd expect a techpriest to have -- and helps him keep all the nifty bonuses from Smartgun.

I would have gone with Biocompatability (it was really tempting), but that wouldn't have left me enough points in my Advantages cap to get Prototype Transhuman (which I'm betting was worth a little more essence), Restricted Gear, and Cyber Singularity Seeker. That +2 to WP really helps his staying power, since with Pain Editor he's effectively able to ignore stun damage -- anything that expands the stun track is effectively more hp to burn through before he's in danger.

And yeah, he definitely needs more cybereye enhancements. I kind of ran out of money at that point. If I can swing a bit of extra money from somewhere (such as if I drop the Internal Router -- that's probably the best thing to drop), I'd upgrade his Cybereyes to rating 3 or 4 and just see what all I can shove in.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #3 on: <01-14-16/1451:15> »
That's neat but he doesn't really need a Router.
Have you tried a Biocompatability [Cyberware] Quality? With that amount of cyberware it should reduce your essense losses significantly. Maybe you could even find some place for Damage Compensators.
Good choice with that Pain Editor. I think it is one of the best picks for Restricted Gear! This or Suprathyroid Gland. Pain Editor suits a techpreist better though.
Needs more cybereye enhancements. Just because.

Code: [Select]
+CORPUS FINIS+MACHINA MAGNUS+SANCTUS METALLUM+POTESTAS OMNISSIAH, OMNISSIAH VULT+DEATH TO THE ENEMIES OF THE MACHINE GOD+

Oh oh ZB, Do you play Rogue Trader :D?
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <01-15-16/0018:54> »
I mostly play Dark Heresy 1e, why?
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #5 on: <01-15-16/1339:21> »
I'm a huge fan of Rogue Trader, though DH isn't bad, I love the Metalican City. I'm always on the watch for another gamer who enjoys that setting as much as I do.

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking