NEWS

Possible Morality question

• 3 Replies

Aethelwulf1972

« on: <11-24-15/0300:04> »
If you were running with a group, with a "Monster Hunter" who would harvest what could be sold by talismongers after killing a paracritter, how would you react?

Incase the info is needed, the Monster Hunter isn't a vengeful type, and in fact if the "monster" is sapient tries to give them a choice to stop "doing bad things"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <11-24-15/0318:59> »
Monster implies a certain amount of harm to come from the paracritter.

I don't see a big moral conflict there, especially since most shadow runners are well prepared to do harm to sapient creatures in their day to day life.
It might be a problem if he hunts to extinction, but I doubt that one character could achieve that...
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #2 on: <11-24-15/1007:49> »
Not seeing a difference between hunting here....

You kill the critter, you harvest. Same as any hunter of any game....

Gets a little more complcated with sapient critters however, but that's an issue for the team to handle if the laws of the land havn't already.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

bdyer

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <11-24-15/1131:43> »
Just like any morality question it would depend on the upbringing of the person, the general culture of the area, and how much the person had encountered it before.

Such as native Americans in the nan might view the killing of any paracritter as a crime except in pure cases of self defense.  If the animal is non-sapient then it would almost be expected to harvest and use everything.  But if it's sapient then they have to be given a burial or whatever they do.

Most hardened shadowrunners would have no problem taking anything of value