• Prime Runner

falar

• Omae
  • The Fourth Jesse

Lysanderz

• Omae
« Reply #123 on: <01-21-16/1756:29> »
This is creepy, anyways....

I don't find SR to be brutal like at all. Mostlyou because last week I got jumped by 6 dudes and while I walked out limping..... they ate chunky salsa and died. But I'm just thinking that in most other systems, somewhere along the lines of 8 attacks in a row should have killed a non-tanky character. Given, I was a troll in an armored jacket and did use throwing weapons (improvised weapons) to hit somebody with a chocolate shake on the way out......

I dunno, just doesn't seem brutal to me

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #124 on: <01-21-16/1844:56> »
Maybe you should ask the other guys about that  ;D
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Adamo1618

« Reply #125 on: <01-21-16/1944:58> »
Sorry I'm kinda posting high...

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #126 on: <01-21-16/2053:19> »
Sorry I'm kinda posting high...

Well, THAT explains the large red 2 letter word....
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #127 on: <01-21-16/2351:53> »
Lysanderz, for the most part, it isn't a really brutal system. Especially when on the 'street' level. However, a couple bad rolls can take you from full health to gaping chest wound in a hurry. Especially when you start moving past street-level bad guys, into people with decent dice pools and weapons. A BF from an assault rifle with APDS is going to put a hurt on you if it hits, especially if you aren't one of those guys specifically built to withstand punishment. Shadowrun is incredibly lethal not because everything's going to kill you instantly (that's Paranoia XP), but because you can go from full health to burning edge to stay alive in a single combat turn if Murphy decides he doesn't like you, or you do something stupid, like being the only one not getting behind cover in front of guys with automatic weapons.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #128 on: <01-22-16/0338:01> »
...or having a bad ass bug spirit show up when you're in an area with a BGC of 6, have "only" a force 5 weapon focus and no one else on the team has a Barrett 122 loaded with APDS.
« Last Edit: <01-22-16/0340:05> by kyoto kid »
Forsaken daughter is watching you

ZombieAcePilot

• Chummer
« Reply #129 on: <01-22-16/0352:05> »

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #130 on: <01-22-16/1056:34> »
...or having a bad ass bug spirit show up when you're in an area with a BGC of 6, have "only" a force 5 weapon focus and no one else on the team has a Barrett 122 loaded with APDS.
Well, depends. Weapons are more powerful now. A crew loaded with assault rifles using APDS or SnS would have a good chance of damaging spirits. An AK-97 with APDS does 10P, -6 AP. Meaning you get one net hit, and you'll be doing damage to any spirit F8 or under with SA fire. With SnS, it would be 8P, -7 AP, which would still be useful for anything F7 or lower on a single net hit. And this is with the AK-97, not the bigger and badder guns.

But this is part of the thing that does make Shadowrun potentially very lethal. In a sense, it is like going hiking through the wilderness in winter. If you know what you're doing, and have the right gear along, it might not be comfortable, but you're not likely to die unless Murphy decides to pay you a visit. Without the right skills or gear, however, you can wind up in a deadly situation very, very quickly.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

falar

• Omae
  • The Fourth Jesse
« Reply #131 on: <01-22-16/1117:07> »
I find it's less about the actually hitting and more about the doing damage. The Hardened Armor is super good. Even if you get 10P on a Force 8 spirit with AP -6, it still automatically soaks 5P and then rolls around 14 soak dice to mean you end up getting 1-2P.

Unless you bypass both the entry to damage (16 armor) and have high damage (12P+), it's really quite tough to do meaningful damage. That said, this is where having a smuggling compartment filled with grenades can be useful.

Adamo1618

« Reply #132 on: <01-22-16/1243:21> »
I love you guys <3

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #133 on: <01-22-16/1317:03> »
I love you guys <3
Someone's clearly high again. Quick, ship him a bag of NERPS!

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #134 on: <01-22-16/1324:44> »
I love you guys <3
Someone's clearly high again. Quick, ship him a bag of NERPS!

No! Not while he's 'Hi'! He'll try to smoke them!
(I would!)
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.