NEWS

Street gang campaign in Loveland neigborhood Puyallup

• 62 Replies

Ganggreenkhan

• Chummer
« Reply #15 on: <10-07-15/1714:18> »
     Ok so here is the important stuff. Like why doesn't the Mob just kill them. Please feel free to chime in with any suggestions. The main reason the Mob doesn't kill them is because the campaign would be over and that's no fun. So the important question is why is the Mob interested in them. The Kenran-Kai is interested in them because part of their upcoming power play in the city is a new chain of Benraku parlors around the city. They need an independent deniable asset to stock these parlors with Benraku. This is why Yoshi Yakamori, a Yakuza Lieutenant, has charged Ninja with infiltrating the gang.
      So here's what I've got for why the mob is interested in them. After reading the Mafia section in Seattle 2072 I've decided the Finnigan family has plenty need for disposable assets for use in Mob politics. They wanna use the team to block Kenran-Kai expansion into Redmond. What this means is the players will be hitting Ninja's boss, and of course Ninja's boss is gonna wanna meddle in this as well. They may also hit other Mob families.
       The Mob Lieutenant who is going to interrogate them is James Micheal "Jimmy Mac" Finnigan. The players won't know this, he will never tell them anything about himself or who he is. I'm gonna havta make a call as to weither you can use mind probe hanging upside down from a meat hook, wet, in a deep freezer. Maybe throw some modifiers on it. Course there should be a mage on hand with counterspell.
      After the extraction the players are gonna wake up naked in a meat locker hanging upside down from meat hooks with their hands handcuffed behind their backs with plas-steel cuffs. They are gonna be waken up with a fire hose. You know in a deep freezer. If they have the drugs this will go much easier for them. If they still have the drugs the Mob will just wanna know who they were working for, it'll come out that it was just a random robbery, the Mob boss will laugh and explain their new life of indentured servitude.
     If they sold the drugs this is gonna be a little rougher, like thugs with baseball bats rougher. If all goes well they will convince the Mob they sold the drugs to Ares. As far as the team knows they did in fact sell the drugs to Ares, Ninja is the only member of the team who knows it was infact sold to the Yakuza. I suppose that means the Mob is gonna torture him cause it's his contact. When they check out his commlink they'll find he called an Ares middle manager before the sale of the stuff. Plus they'll have $20k in Ares script on them. This week Ninja can't make it so he's gonna be a NPC so I can just hand wave it. If I let the Mob discover the Yakuza connection then it'll smash my plan for how the gang is gonna earn to buy their Fake SIN's. So NInja isn't gonna break.
     If the gang sold the drugs to the Betameth cooks who work for the Triads, they flee the squat as soon as they obtain the drugs. Then the Mob will track them down and get their drugs back.
     Whoever they sold the drugs to they will wait in the meat freezer, wet, waiting for the Mob to verify their story.
     So after Jimmy Mac finds out who the gang is working for to his satisfaction he is not going to entrust the gang with retrieving the drugs, he has his own people for that. What he is going to do is introduce the gang to their new boss Giovani. Giovani is the man they carjacked to get the drugs in the first place. Jimmy Mac will explain that Giovani usta be a courier and that he is receiving a "promotion", he is getting a crew and a territory. The players are now said crew. The territory is Redmond. This should be some great role playing. I'mma give them -4 dice on all negotiation rolls with this guy and I'm not just gonna let them roll dice they are gonna havta make good reasons for negotiating with him.
      If the team sold the drugs to the Yak's then the cooks were kidnapped with the team and the teams first job will be to kill the cooks and dispose of their bodies.
      The gangs first job from the Finnigan Family will be to blow up a small biker bar in Redmond that is the hang out of a local biker gang. Not a big named gang in the books just a small time gang.They won't know why they are blowing it up unless they do some legwork. If they do some legwork they will find out the gang has divided loyalties between the Mob and the Yak's and does work for both. This should be a bit of foreshadowing for the players.
      Ninja will tell his boss about the job. His boss will have an interest in certain parties in the biker gang surviving the attack, parties that don't oppose closer ties with the Kenran-Kai.

That's all I got for now any idea's or suggestions are welcome.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <10-07-15/1850:50> »
Here are some ideas for next-layer complications, since you seem to be into those.

The Kenran-kai operate out of Puyallup, which includes Loveland, where the PCs originated. The Kenran-kai are the dregs of the yakuza and, as a result, are the most progressive. They would certainly be interested in working with Awakened gangers, knowing the edge that their Magic would provide.

The Kanaga-gumi operate out of Redmond and are very conservative. They wouldn't want anything to do with Awakened scum. As such, Ninja's Kenran-kai contact could be interested inserting the gangers as undercover operatives of sorts into the Redmond Barrens. This could be part of a internal yakuza struggle for territory and vengence, as the Kenran-kai attempt to emerge from the ashes and revenge themselves on the Kanaga-gumi. (The Kenran-kai is populated by refugees from the former Shigeda-gumi, which was replaced/supplanted by the Kanaga-gumi.) The PCs could be part of those maneuverings and politics.

As for the Mafia, I don't think Seattle 2072 specifies which family controls the Redmond Barrens. The Finnegan family controls the highly valuable markets of Downtown Seattle and Bellevue. The Gianellis are down south (Tacoma, Puyallup, and Auburn) and the Ciarniellos up north (Everett, Snohomish). I would probably make the mobster the gang abducted a Ciarniello or a Gianelli instead of a Finnegan, since the Finnegans probably disdain the Barrens (and probably frown on drug-smuggling too, preferring white collar crime instead). The Ciarniellos could be there because Redmond is further north, or the Gianellis could be there if they're trying to climb out of Auburn and Puyallup (perhaps pushed north by pressure from the yakuza down south, which Seattle 2072 alludes to). I can imagine the Gianellis being desperate enough for manpower that they're willing to overlook the disrespect of kidnapping out of their couriers and robbing him of his drugs.

Nobody wants to geek talent, especially if said talent is poor, addicted, and easily manipulated.

Ganggreenkhan

• Chummer
« Reply #17 on: <10-07-15/2056:34> »
     Thanks Tecumseh that' helps alot. The Kenran-Kai had them move to Redmond just to get them outta Puyallup. The fact that that is Kanaga-gumi territory gives me something to work with. I gotta go back and read more of the Seattle book but I'm studying rules for the fight scene next week. Me and face are doing some test combat tonight to prep.
     So the Kenran-Kai Lieutenant is former Shigeda-gumi. He is interested in using the players new position with the Mob to punish the Kanaga-gumi.

Now here's the most important question. What kind of legwork can the players do to uncover all this behind the scenes goings ons. Maybe taping some commlinks or going out on the street asking some questions about gang politics? I don't like the latter idea at all and don't think the players will do that. They all have knowledge skill Seattle Street gangs, but I see the Yakuza and Mafia are seperate knowledge skills. So I don't think that will work.

Any ideas?

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <10-07-15/2242:48> »
Yeah, what Tecumseh said about "not wanting to geek talent."

It's all about maintaining rep/face, so I would tackle it from the side of "how much is known on the street about what the PCs did" angle.

Like, Jimmy Mac and Giovani...Giovani is getting a promotion after he let some street punks carjack him? And Giovani is a courier...that's the big part of the job description "don't lose your package" but the PCs got his car and the drugs and the whiskey. So I would insert tension between Mac and Giovani...like Giovani is related to someone else in a higher position than Mac so Mac can't kill him but he still has to make an example of Giovani so why not put him in charge of the crew that made him look bad. Giovani hates the PCs as they made him look bad among the made men, but because of them he's risen in power so he feels he owes them...but they owe him...Giovani, depending on his personality, is going to go through some inner conflicts along the way.

Then, on the next level up, what did Giovani do after he got carjacked? Did he go straight to Mac and tell him or did Giovani go down to a bar and open his big mouth, spinning it like he was a regular ant being attacked by an Ares Firewatch team? In other words...how far has word spread of Giovani's getting carjacked and losing the drugs and the PCs identities as the carjackers? If word spreads outside Mafia circles, then the Mafia will be more inclined to make extreme and life-ending examples of the PCs, "this is what happens if you mess with the Mafia." But if word hasn't spread, then the Mafia has lost less face, and will be more inclined to "make a deal" with the PCs (...that they can't refuse).

On the flip side. If the Mafia finds out that the PCs have sold the drugs to the betameth cooks then the Mob might figure, "great. We'll talk with the cooks, let them know it's our product. They can cook it, we'll collect it and sell it, and the cooks and cook location will not be on Knight Errant's radar because these guys aren't mob affiliated (well, they weren't until the Mafia makes them affiliated). The PCs and Giovani have to babysit the cooks to make sure they don't do something stupid, Giovani want's more rep in the Mafia so he makes the PCs into his pawns and sends them out on jobs, etc.

One thing I wouldn't count on is the meatlocker scene. Plan for it, but players man....the fuck up the best laid schemes! So have the Mafia go for the extraction/kidnapping of the PCs...but the PCs could win/survive. The Mafia may then either throw more soldiers after them or they might decide to try and negotiate with the PCs for information. If the PCs come across as "professionals" in their actions the Mafia may just approach them as such in the first place too.

As for legwork for the behind the scenes...check out the Using Contacts section (SR5 pg 387), specifically "Networking" section. PCs use their contacts and knowledge Street Gangs to find gangers that can put them in touch with some low level Mafia or Yak snitches who can then give them some bits and pieces of info for them the work with to find out more.
Member of the ITA gaming podcast, including live Shadowrun 5th edition games: On  iTunes and Podbay

TheWayfinder

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <10-08-15/0142:04> »
I've meddled with the idea of doing a street gang/street level game for Shadowrun.  It fits with my approach of keeping things somewhat grounded, keeping the game in a Crime Noir kind of setting instead of a Mission: Impossible kind of thing where the PCs are always doing capers and such, stealing some prototype device or novahot data from a megacorp.  My players and I love crime dramas like Breaking Bad, Carlito's Way, Goodfellas, Snatch, and so on, and we've kept things relatively low-key in spite of running standard characters that are a few cuts above your typical criminal. 

The hard part, in my approach, is integrating magic and the technology to the setting without it driving the game.  I try to keep them present, but as tools, and not to be too much of a MacGuffin to drive my plots.  All my plots involve people primarily getting into trouble of some kind, having to deal with the hard realities of the streets of the Sixth World.  I really do not like plots involving too much magic to where it becomes a matter that only a trained mage could fathom it all, or too technical that it overwhelms the low-key approach I'm after. 

One of the problems I've been wrestling with about running a street-level campaign is power creep affecting the overall flavor of a campaign like that.  Over time, if a PC survives long enough, he'll move onto bigger and better things than to be wasting his life on the streets for so long.  This is a problem in my own campaign as it is, but at least they have a place to go and they can still have plenty of adventures in my sandbox to tide them over before they decide to retire (or go into hiding from the big bad Lofwyr for running off with a girl he had the hots for  ::)).  It doesn't take much to get a street-level ganger to the point where he can leave it all behind, no matter how many people are depending on him for various things. 

But your game sounds like a lot of fun. 

Ganggreenkhan

• Chummer
« Reply #20 on: <10-08-15/1522:51> »
      Thanks for the imput Fizzygoo. I'm definitely using the Giovani being related to someone thing. That's good stuff, Fills in a hole. I was thinking he gets it cause the team already knows him and the Mob wants the team knowing as little as possible about the Mob and giving them another handler would mean they know more Mobsters. As far as Giovani getting a 'promotion" i was kinda being sarcastic. Though running your own crew is probably a promotion from courier, it's like you said the way he came about it makes it.... unusual. Then the fact that he was a high level courier so that's probably better than having your own crew. So the Mob boss can't kill Giovani cause he's blood related and needs to find something he can do without fucking up. He is always fucking up, stupid shit like rolling down the window to yell at a homeless guy while he's hauling an million dollars in dope and his bosses liquor stash for the year. The boss figures this is a good spot for Giovani where he can't fuck shit up cause all he is doing is relaying jobs to the team or maybe babysitting a lab if the team doesn't sell the drugs. Down the line I'mma havta put some thought into how he can fuck even this up. Like maybe he's going down to the bar everynight and blabbing team/Mob business. An expensive bar populated with influential people.....
     After the carjacking Giovani was handcuffed and gagged in the back of a Dissasembler van. The Dissasembler checked the guys wallet and commlink. Discovered several thousand dollars and the fact that the guys last name was the same as the Don of his family (family yet to be decided). The ganger called his boss and told him who he had and the fact that the people selling him mustn't have known cause they didn't check his commlink and wallet. Not to mention that the wallet had several thousand dollars in it, they only paid $500 for the meat. This way the Mob doesn't havta look bad. Also they are finding the players within eight hours of it happening so there's that. You've brought up an interesting point. If they sell the drugs then there will havta be some blowback for the Mob.
     The Dissasembler boss, being a man who sells people meat for a living, finds all this hilarious. Couldn't stop laughing about it. He seized this opportunity to bring Giovani directly back to his Father/Mother's restaurant, around back of course. All Mob Don's have restaurants or clubs, it's how they do business. Some have several. He does this so the Mob owes him a favor, so now because of the players the Mob owes a street gang a favor. The players also owe this man a favor. If the players ever try to sell him meat again he will rib them mercilessly about what they did and give them some fatherly advice about the meat business. I'm gonna bump his loyalty rating form 1 to 2.
      The way I was going to run it was that the Mob is trying to extend it's influence into  Redmond just to keep the growing Yakuza out, they aren't really interested in the territory and have little in the way of resources there. This gives the team a chance to prove to the Mob that you can make money in the slums.
      As far as the cooks getting pulled in. If the players inform the cooks about the dope then I'm gonna play it like they were already in with the Triads. If the cooks get picked up as innocent bystanders and the team still has the dope then I'mma use your idea about how the team hasta babysit the cooks. They won't even havta move. The Mob thinks their squat is the perfect spot for cooking. It's already in the Redmond, it's only approachable from one direction, there is an empty second floor for the lab, comes with both security (PC's) and lab workers (the cooks). Perfect. Only problem is they would havta move product to transport in front of the buildg and they need to bring alot of raw materials in so that's bad. Probably make the players scout a new spot or just give them a spot the Mafia already picked out.
      I like the idea about the players and the cooks both getting drafted into the Mafia cause that's just how the Mafia does things. Get small time criminals to take all the risk while the Mafia pulls the puppet strings and makes all the money. This is all sizing up to be very Mafiaesque.
     We did a test combat against the Face and Luca Brasi last night. His Wired Reflexes 3 ate the Face for lunch. Those were the only character sheets we had printed up cause the rest of the team has their folders, so we just used those. Course the Gun Adept has level three Improved Reflexes so he might balance things out at the big show.
     Lets assume the team defeats the extraction team. Then they will be approached by a Mob "Little Man" and he will tell them this visit is a matter of professional curtesy and that the next visit won't be so polite if they don't get in the car and come with him now. The Mob will be very impressed if the gang takes down the extraction team and will offer them a better deal and more information about what is going on. They will also be expected to have more direct dealings with Mob business to pick up the slack left by the death of Luca Brasi. If they do kill Luca Brasi they will even get a proper introduction to the Mob Lieutenant, in the meat locker he doesn't tell them who he is. If they get taken in by the extraction team then they will be told little to nothing and havta work their contacts to find out what is going on.
     If they end up guarding a lab how much should the Mafia be paying them a week?
     @TheWayfinder  Since no ones played before im focusing on story if the players want more game mechanics they better gets some of the books and read them cause I don't have time with developing the story. Anyway I'm starting Noir type base level in a desolate free fire zone cause it's less rules and more need driven so it moves the story along. We'll get to mission impossible eventually but not now. I'm making street level crime easy for the players so they can get the things they need to move up in the world. Starting with their fake SIN's. Everyones new and I just kinda wanna tell a story so I'm not worried about powercreep yet.

Ganggreenkhan

• Chummer
« Reply #21 on: <10-09-15/0222:30> »
      Just finished making up the rigger here's he background

Twitch looks like what you would expect a guy called Twitch to look like. Average height and skinny. He twitches alot too cause he does lots of Cram. Blond haired and blue eyed he is also fair skinned. He drives around in his Doc-Wagon ambulance loaded full of all his belongings. The Ambulance currently cannot function as one because of all the stuff. The van has chamelon paint so it can mimic any color or brand name but he needs a shop to take off the emergncy light bar. Twitch also has some of the Doc-Wagon accessories like wrist bands, body bags, and a gurney. He doesn't have the advanced medical equiptment carried by a Doc-Wagon.
     Twitch has a  internal Fairlight Caliban comlink he only uses for tactical communicatiion. For other communication he uses his Transys Avalon or one of his burner phones.
    Born into a Mitsuhama wage-slave family in Seattle, Twitch has been OUT FOR HIMSELFf since the beginning. He recieved poor marks for sharing in the Mitsuhama schools. Though he did well acidemicly. Ever the intrepid mercanary and trouble maker Twitch gambled on Matrix racing games with his classmates and became a skilled driver. Winning many simulated races. It was in highschool Twitch developed his Prejudice against dwarfs. There was a dwarve kid name Jimmy O'Connel who alway beat him in the races. Lost alot of money to Jimmy. Dirty midget bastards stealin all the truckin jobs.
     When he got out of highschool he obtained a position as a truck driver with Mitsuhama, with his parents help. His supervisor ended up being a dwarf, typical as the dwarves dominate the trucking industry. The two never got along. He only drove the truck for six months when he was aproached by a Johnson to help hyjack a truckload of valuable Mitsuhama magical goods. Of course this involved killing the other MItsuhama employees on the run. The price was right, enough to burn his Mitsuhama SIN, upgrade his control rig to Alphaware and get all the rest of the Alphaware he currently has. He didn't give a second thaught to how thi would affect his parents career's and they would turn him in if they knew his whereabouts.
     After the hiest he started doing freelance work for whoever could pay. He has developed a bad reputation for cutting and running on his team mates when things go south and no well informed runner will work with him.
        A down and out rigger desperate for work who no one will work with. Living in his stolen ambulance in the hood getting high waiting to get caught and go to jail or get killed by a gang.
      Twitch is currently parked behind an abandoned building in an alley living in his van. He just took a hit of Cram and see's a gang of four 16-18 year olds wearing Ares Globetrotter trench coats aproach the Ambulance. They begin to hack the vans wireless. There is no way Twitch can take all of them, but apparently they need a ride. Maybe they need a driver to.

Ganggreenkhan

• Chummer
« Reply #22 on: <10-09-15/0224:23> »
     Here's the background for the Technomancer

Cypher is a petitt young women of almost negligible physical strength though she is very agile and athletic from a life suviving on the streets. From a life on the streets Cypher can easily pass for her early twenties.
  Born some time in the late 2050's Cypher's exact date of birth is unknown. She was a feral child her entire life. Roaming Hell's Kitchen and Loveland looking for scraps. Avoiding ghouls at night. Her Technomancer powers manifested early when she learned how to hack vending machines for food. As a child she ran with a pack of other feral children. Most of them are dead now. Take by the attrition of living on the streets of Hell's Kitchen.
     In her early teens Cypher was almost abducted by a Mitsuhama extraction team. She was lucky to escape with her life. She discovered rumors on the Matrix about Mitsuhama abducting and experimenting on Technomancers. To this day Cypher holds a grudge against Mitsuhama and its employees.
     Cypher met Gunshow on a run two years ago. He saved her life when the run went bad buy shooting all the security guards dead with his trusty Yamaha Raiden assult rifle. The two quickly formed an attachment and began living together. Every Technomancer needs someone with a gun to watch over her back while she's on the Matrix. So Cypher is willing to overlook Gunshows blood thrist and habit of pissing on his defeated foes.
      Cypher and Gunshow have know Medium Smoke for about a year. They met on the streets of Hell's Kitchen when they ended up squatting in the same building. Gunshow had got shot up by a cyber samuri and Medium Smoke patched him up. Cypher and Gunshow have been running with Medium Smoke ever since.
       A street kid who can interact with computers without any equiptment using the power of her mind.
     Cypher is happy living in a gang. She has been living in gangs her entire life. She enjoys the safety in numbers and it's the only family she knows. She is particuarly happ with he current gang. She see's her fellow gang members as competent and capable of earning some serious cash.
     Cypher feels that Medium Smoke doesn't use his mind control majic to its full effect and is always pushing him to do more extreme things with it and use it more often.

Ganggreenkhan

• Chummer
« Reply #23 on: <10-09-15/0232:47> »
       Here's Ninja's background. I'm just cutting and pasting these off of chummer.

Born in Imperial Japan. The child of Renraku employees. His father was an engineer and his mother was a corporate assistant to a VP of Marketing. From an early age Ninja was obsessed with the mythical ninja warrior. He started the study of jujitsu at the age of five in his corporate after school program. He read everything he could find about ninjas. .

NInja had to escape Imperial Japan when his majical powers manifested at the age of 15. After his parents paid to have his Renraku corporate SIN burned Ninja escaped Imperial Japan. Using his new found majic powers he snuck onto a freighter bound for Seattle. When he arived in Seattle he found his way to Puyallup, the only district an immigrate with no money, no english, and no SIN can go. He's had no contact with his parents since leaving Japan.

Once in Puyallup Ninja quickly came to the attention of the the Kenran-Kai mostly due to him being native Japanesse and Ninjas dealings with Kenran-Kai merchants in Puyallup. After sucesfully defending the Kenran-Kai drug dealer Fastback from a robbery attempt, single handedly killing 4 attackers with guns, unarmed, This was the first time he had ever killed anyone and he has since developed ocasional insomnia.

Ninja came to the attention of Yoshi Yakamori, a Kenran-Kai Leutenant. After an extensive interview over an extravigant Japanesse meal Yakamori offered Ninja a deal. Ninja would become a  soldier for the Kenran-Kai. A secret assasin discretly dispatching enemies of the Kenran-Kai.

For the next two years Ninja served with consummate professionalism to Yakamori as a stealthy enforcer. In this time he developed an addiction to Kamakazi that started as a means to enhance his combat performance but this has progressed into a recreational addiction. He also developed a spiritual connection to Shark because he sees himself as a preditor and a machine of destruction.
     This character literally willed himself into majic powers. He believed in ninjas so hard and practiced jujitsu so long that his thrid eye opened up and he began to do the things he had only read about in myth. Becoming the mystic warrior of old.
  His current mission is to infitrate a small group of independent oporaters in the Kenran-Kai's home turf of Puyallup and feed them jobs from the Kenran-Kai without them knowing who they are working for.

Yakamori had his eye on an awakened three man team in Puyallup who had been abducting people off the street for various reasons and selling them to various thrid parties. Yakamori would like to bring these people into the Kenran-Kai fold but feels they weren't quite ready. Yakamori proposed a classic peice of ninja work to Ninja. Ninja would infiltrate this band and help them develope their skills, whilst keeping tabs on them, and giving them jobs for the Kenran-Kai.

Ganggreenkhan

• Chummer
« Reply #24 on: <10-09-15/0234:52> »
     Maybe I'll get a chance to actually write down the Face's background next week. As for the Gun Adept he is a self published author so i told him he can read the books and write his own background.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #25 on: <10-09-15/0525:09> »
Jimmy Mac is not a low-level lieutenant, Gang.  Make something up.  'Fenton O'Connell', for all you Castle fans out there.  Be aware, though, that most of your already-named people from the books are not street operators.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Ganggreenkhan

• Chummer
« Reply #26 on: <10-09-15/1058:09> »
Jimmy Mac is not a low-level lieutenant, Gang.  Make something up.  'Fenton O'Connell', for all you Castle fans out there.  Be aware, though, that most of your already-named people from the books are not street operators.

Ok I'mma change all that. Just kind crunched for time with work. Might have time Saturday to sit down and finalize everything. Game time is Sunday.

I know a Mob lieutenant isn't a street level kinda guy but he's just making a cameo cause Giovani is his bosses child and the gravity of everthing else involved. The players will only even find out who he is if they defeat the extraction team. If they defeat the extraction team he's gonna ask the team to keep an eye on Giovani and make sure he don't fuck up again. If the extraction team brings them in he's just gonna treat them as disposable assets and keep them in the dark.
« Last Edit: <10-10-15/0053:14> by Ganggreenkhan »

Ganggreenkhan

• Chummer
« Reply #27 on: <10-09-15/1129:42> »
     Ok it's not the Finnigan family it's the Gianelli. They are branching out into drug production and want to use Redmond for it cause they don't operate there. So the players will be helping to build the business from the ground up. They are also interested in recruiting Awakened soldiers. . Giovani is the illegitimate son of Don Joseph Gianelli. The lieutenant is his underling Vincent Cabrini. 

Ganggreenkhan

• Chummer
« Reply #28 on: <10-10-15/0045:52> »
     I just read the section in the clutches of dragons about Urubia. Oh man is she getting involved in this campaign somehow. She collects Awakened like shiny bobbles then lays on the floor and wiggles in them.... and it's a five man crew with four Awakened. AND they are a street gang and Urubia collects those too. They would have called it cheese if I camne up with this. But it's in the book. Awesome. the PC's are so gonna end up at the "funhouse" at some point. I already told Face about this place and he like "I aint goin' there I'll send somebody else. '
      The character is prejudice against dragons (biased) and blames dragons (Urubia in particular) for his parents being eaten by ghouls.
     Just think I thought I was gonna havta work or stretch something to bring the the prejudice against dragons into play.

Ganggreenkhan

• Chummer
« Reply #29 on: <10-11-15/1815:32> »
        HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK!!!

SO to start off with I asked the players where they had MIke the Uberdrive drop them off at. They said about four blocks away from home. He diffidently knows where they live. Walking back to the squat they pass an alley and Raven tells Face to walk down the alley. He's a Raven shaman. They walk down the alley and see a Doc-Wagon. So they decide to jack it. I tell the Rigger he sees a gang of four street kids wearing matching trench coats and spiked collars walk into the alley and he gets an alert from his van that they are trying to hack the wireless. The Rigger rolls down his window and starts talking to them. He ask if they need a rigger. Face jumps at this and introductions are made. I let the Technomancer take a memory test to see if she remembers reading about a guy named Twitch driving a Doc-Wagon on the Matrix. She gets three hits so i tell them about his bad reputation for abandoning teams and his Cram addiction. There is some discussion about this and Face tells the Rigger that they will kill him if he abandons them on a run.

They all pile in the back of the van and go back to the squat. Once there they decide to analyze last weeks pay data. The Technomancer gets to work on the optical chip. I decide it takes her three hours cause we aren't clear on how that works yet. The Face gets to work on the paperwork, make one success on a logic test, he can't understand it. This takes him an hour. Ninja was a NPC this week and had the drugs so I decided that he didn't take any of the drugs. After the Technomancer decodes the optical chip I have her make a logic test to see if she understands the data. She gets two successes so i tell her that it is a chemical formula for a drug but she can't tell which drug. After they discover this Ninja pulls out his phone and leaves the room. At this point it's been three hours since they stole the drugs and the Mob finds them after 5 hours and hits them after 6. At this point they remember that there are meth cooks on the first floor and decide to take them the formula and the papers to see if they are interested. I decide it takes the guy an hour to look over the data. So now we're at 4 hours. In this time Ninja informs Face that he has informed his contact about the situation and has an offer for $20k in Ares script. Face ask for more. Ninja make a call, fails the rolls and doesn't get any more money. At this point the Rigger gets the idea to copy the data and sell it to both parties. I say sure why not.The cook offers them $10k for the data after looking at it, he doesn't know about the drug samples, they didn't tell him. Face tells the cook that he already has a better offer for $20k. Cook tells face he doesn't have that much on him and will havta make a phone call. Cook doesn't tell the players what the drug is. In the mean time a mixed bag of runners pulls up out front in an SUV . Face and Ninja get in. Inside there are a dwarf rigger, a troll Street Sam, a Elf face and a human decker. They inspect the goods, including the drug samples, and hand Face a metal case with the Ares logo on the latch and tells him the combination is 666. They drive off as soon as Face and Ninja are in the car and do the transaction in motion and drop them off several blocks away when it is done.

At this point i decide it is 5 hours out and he Mob has found the squat. The rigger setup his surveillance drones out front so I let him make a electronic warfare test to see if he spots the Mafia surveillance drone. He get 2 successes so I say he doesn't spot it. At this point they decide to unload the Ambulance and GUnshow and Ninja help Twitch. The cooks comes back with an offer of $15k cash and $10k in Betameth. The team sells them the original data they had shown them. The cooks immediately leave. This is when a SUV pulls up in front the squat and stops oppostie the Ambulance out front and the Mafia Mage cast a detect life spell, gets one success so I decide the mafia only knows how many people are in the building. The players don't make anything of a car stopping for thirty seconds out front and continue unloading the AMbulance. I had the mage try to summon a water spirit to conceal the SUV's for the approach but he failed and took two hits.

For the mob I gave them a Rating 2 mage out SR5, Luca Brasi a street sam with wired reflexes 3 and alot of deltaware , and ten rating 4 organized crime goons outta SR5. In three SUV's. I just wanna say I sorely underestimated the PC's. This combat lasted 2 turns. All the gangers managed to do was knock out Ninja cause he caught a full auto burst from Luca Brasi's Yamaha Raiden. The Mob was using Stick and Shock. Unfortunately i just copied the goons outta the book with whatever they came with and their 6p wasn't enough to penetrate the PC's 12 armor. The Mafia Mage got pasted by the  riggers machine sprite enhanced drones before he could even act. Luca Brasi only took two blast from the Gunshows Yahama Raiden with APDS.

In two combat turns they pasted half the Mob and the leaders so the rest of the Mob got back in their SUV's and ran. This didn't stop the blood thirsty players from trying to kill them though.

The players decided to loot the bodies, load up all their stuff and run. They went to an all night dinner and started hacking the comlinks. They hacked Luca Brasi's comlink and found the conact he called right before the hit was Don Gianelli himself. This took about an hour. I asked the players if they call him . They said no. They decided to get a real apartment this time since they had money and started looking for a three bedroom with a garage on Bobslist.org. They can do this cause the Rigger has two level 5 fake SIN's. After three hours and a 7 hit roll they used edge on. I decided they found a three bedroom third story corner apartment in a ten story building with underground parking. The rental office doesn't open till 9am. They decide to sit in the diner till it's time. Since they didn't discard the commlinks I decide the Mob tracks them to the diner.

Around 7am a limo pulls up out front and a man in an Armani suit steps out. He walks into the diner with his driver, a large Italian man, and looks around. He spots the players and walks over to their table. He tells them his employer would like to speak with them and ask them to get into the limo. They flatly refuse and offer that he relay his bosses message. The "little man" explains that there is currently a job offer on the table if they get into the limo and that the offer will be retracted otherwise. He suggest that they view their last encounter as a misunderstanding and that their next "misunderstanding" won't be quite so haphazard.
     The "little man" paid the characters tab and they all got in the limo except the rigger who followed in the Ambulance with an unconscious Ninja. Twitch sent an eye-spy drone into the limo so he could interact with the party. In the Limo the "little man" asked the players about themselves and their backgrounds. They told him more or less everything, except for Twitch who said he just worked with them and didn't get into his background. What they didn't know is that conversation was being broadcast to Vincent Cabrini the Gianelli Lieutenant whose house they were on the way to.
      The limo pulls into a gated community, gotta look up the name in the Seattle book, and they pull up to a modest two story mansion that takes up the entire parcell of land it is on. They get out and the "little man" who doesn't introduce himself. Escorts them into an office. There are many guards around the mansion. Behind the desk they see a fat Italian man with black hair. The "little man" introduces him as Vincent Cabrini, no mention of rank. Vincent come from around his desk and shakes each of the players hands. Then he says "so you are the street urchins who cost me millions of potential profits and several good men." To which only Gunshow responds and says somethin about the millions they can make him, his retort is that is the only reason they are having this conversation.
         Vincent immediately ask "Where is my product." Face says they sold it to the cooks. To which Vincent replies, "they have the data but where is my product". At which point Face explains that he sold the dope to Ares.

This is where we ran outta time. Vincent Cabrini isn't to bent outta shape about everything. He lost his mage, a few goons, and his drug samples, but retrieved the formula and production data when he picked up the cooks after they left the squat. Luca Brasi was his bosses enforcer and VIncent is glad the man is dead. Might get some blowback from his boss but he'd rather deal with that and not havta deal with Luca Brasi. He is excited to get his hands on the team because he wants a group of Awakened soldiers and considers the loss of his mediocre mage a fair trade. 

As always any ideas welcome.
« Last Edit: <10-11-15/1946:58> by Ganggreenkhan »