NEWS

Street gang campaign in Loveland neigborhood Puyallup

• 62 Replies

Ganggreenkhan

• Chummer
« Reply #60 on: <10-21-15/0726:28> »
     Originally his character was supposed to be Biased against Dragons. He just submitted his finalized version and didn't add the qualities. After reading the background I upped it to Outspoken, but the more I read it, half the background is a rant about dragons..... and that bit about crumbling their empires...... yeah I'm gonna make him Radical and then I'm gonna have a talk with the team in private, highlight some of the bad judgement calls he's made and point out that the Dragon pays double for one abduction than the BTL guy pays for "talent". And half Urubia's runs will just be a bag men exchanging a sack of money for a kid.... maybe havta fight somebody to make it happen, gangers who heard about the exchange trying to rob them or some such.

Yeah I'm gonna talk to the team and watch them all turn on him as they see his refusal to work with the Dragon as yet another of one of his bad judgement calls. Can't wait to see his face.
« Last Edit: <10-21-15/0834:40> by Ganggreenkhan »

Ganggreenkhan

• Chummer
« Reply #61 on: <11-02-15/2149:37> »
THIS WEEKS GAME

This week picked up the Monday after the biker gang meeting. Gunshow got a call from his BTL guy asking for male troll "talent". He'll pay $10k and needs it within the next two weeks. The players realize there is a male troll working in the bar they are about to blow up. There is some discussion about shiting where you sleep and messing up the Mafia job. They settle on tagging him with a stealth RFID tag and following him home. To accomplish this Cleopatra Brown goes into the bar when it is slow, disguised as a man. When he serves her drink she touches his hand and tags him. Saying some such to him like thanks buddy or something. She's got stupid high palming. He freaks out over her touching him and tells her to get out.The team decides to lay low and not pick the troll bartender up till after they blow up Redd's and the accompanying building

. There is a trip to the criminal mall in Puyallup to get a telescoping ladder poll described somewhere around the end of page 4. I decide this is a $1,000 12R item cause it has no legitimate use. When they get to the Criminal mall they see a sprawling mass off stalls and vendors, almost all with very obvious security, just a chaotic mass of SINless swarming about the place. There are old no firearms signs from when this was a legitimate mall riddled with bullet holes.

They park the van and start walking up. They see two men approaching them who start arguing and one man sneaks the other man in the jaw and knocks him out. The winner approaches them and says "What jew need maan. You need it I know who sells it." They tell the man what they are looking for, I make Medium Smoke roll his dice according to the rules for acquiring stuff. He got more hits than me so the street hustler tells him he can find it and that he wants $100 for his time. They agree that he will get paid once they have the ladder.

While half the group was looking for the ladder Cypher and Gunshow went off and bought a bunch of stuff Cypher need's to bypass locks and what not. It was all money I spent for her when I redesigned the Technomancer after getting a better grasp on the rules so I didn't make them roll for it.

After six hours and several stops they find the ladder, make sure it works and pay $1000 yen to the vendor and $100 to the hustler. They got the hustlers number and I gave them a 1/1 contact. Gotta make this guys name and Stats.

It's Wednesday now and they decide to just wait for the job Sunday morning since they have everything they need. Sunday around midnight they drive out to the bar and park as close as they can get. Which is a block down cause the Toxic Rangers have blocked the road to anything bigger than a bike. They sit in the van watching on drones till about 3:30 am when Bob the bar owner locks up and goes upstairs. I rolled six dice for Bob and decided on a critical glitch he passes out behind the bar. Bob rolled fine and made it to bed.

At this point Medium Smoke gets out the van, in his best bum outfit and a 40oz, and walks down to be caddy corner from the bar. I roll six dice for the bikers and on 3 successes they'll make trouble. No luck for the bikers they don't notice him. The cyber security for the bar consist of two level one camera's and a door sensor PAN'ed into Bob's rating 3 comlink. From the van Cypher hacks on the fly to get three marks so she can turn off the door sensor and loop the camera's for three hours. RAW says that looping camera's has to be done continuously and you can only loop three seconds. I decided that this is ridiculous, what happens when need to hack more than one camera. So I let her put the one camera on a three hour loop with one edit action. The other camera just looks at the register from above so they didn't havta hack that. With three marks on the PAN they just turned off the door sensor.

Cypher had to get out of the van and physically pick the gate and the door, rating 3 and 2 respectively. Medium Smoke made her Improved Invisible for this, then she returned to the van. Gunshow then approached with the explosives and the ladder in a dufflebag. Medium Smoke again made him invisible at force 3. Gunshow had to setup the ladder nine times and spray rating 20 foam explosives around each pillar above the drop ceiling. I made him make nine separate demolitions rolls. He only needed 1 success each to put the detonators right, he's got 6 dice in demolitions. The explosives are military grade but the detonators are 9 identical black burner phones modified with electrodes and one red burner setup to mass text the black phones. It takes him about 2 1/2 hours. He leaves the bar under Improved Invisibility. Cypher comes back, again invisible, and relocks the door. She then rehacks Bob's commlink and turns the door sensor back on. For his conscience Twitch asked Gunshow not to rig the explosives to take down the whole building. Gunshow said yeah sure whatever and rigged the entire building to go down.

It's about 6:30 and everyone gets back in the van and waits for the bikers to start their meeting at 11am. Around 9am some kids come up and start to take the tires off the van. They roll down the window and stick the end of a silencer out the window and yell somethin at the kids. The kids freak out and run off. So at 10am Ginger comes down from upstairs and opens the bar but doesn't turn on the open sign. Bikers begin to mill about out front. By 10:30 most of the gang is there milling about then at 11 sharp they all go inside and lock the doors.

The rigger proceeded to ask me a bunch of questions cause he was watching everything with his eye-spy. Wanted to call Ginger and tell her to get out. I reminded him that from the surveillance it looks like Ginger is fucking the gang leader. then he wanted to draw the children out of the building. Luckily for him he decided to not do any of this and informed Gunshow the gang was in place and it was time to blow the building.

The whole ground floor of the building blew out with a flash and a shockwave and within miliseconds the rest of the building had collapsed on the first floor. Then the rest of the building collapsed into a pile of rubble. The shockwave was felt for six blocks and every car alarm was going off, including the team's van. Their ears were ringing and they could physically feel the explosion. As is tradition the team decided to go to Stuffer Shack across from the apartment.

They attempted to call Giovani to tell him it was done but he didn't answer. Driving through downtown on their way to Bargain Basement from the Verge Cypher starts seeing breaking news of the building that was just blown up in the Verge. The news drone shows an image of a mother in the street hysterical holding an infant missing half its head oozing brain onto the ground. The flash banner says "Mafia vs Yakuza violence heats up in the Verge, 200-300 estimated dead."

They take this in stride and don't bat an eyelash. They park the van at home and go across the street to stuffer shack. While they are eating Giovani calls and ask Medium Smoke if he has seen the news. Medium Smoke says "gO Seahawks" and giovani tells them to meet him at a bar called Johnsons in Touristville at 7 pm. They wait and go to the bar. It's a medium grade place where Giovani's Armani Suit stands out, he is sitting in a both in the back of the bar and is the only person in a suit there.

Ganggreenkhan

• Chummer
« Reply #62 on: <11-04-15/1330:16> »
     Giovani is short and gruff with the players. He hands them five credsticks with $5k each and an ARO with an address. He tells them they can pick up their bonuses at this address and to tell them "The family sent us" and to ask for Doc Wilson. Giovani is secretly pleased the players took the building down and got their bonus cause he knows it means more heat on the players and their lives will get harder. He believes he can personally avoid any fallout from this cause he is the Don's son. He is also happy they will have SIN's now so he can meet them in the higher end downtown establishments he is used to, like the Blue Lagoon.

They go to the address in Bargain basement and it is a ramien shop with a black orc working the counter. They walk up and tell him "the family sent us" and he tells them to go down the dead end ally and some1 will let them in the back. They're all nervous at this point and the alley raps around the back of the building. They go back there and after a few moments the door opens. A green skinned male troll with worn scrubs lets them into a dingy waiting room full of old paper magazines. All weird niche pre-awakening stuff. The troll ask them who is going first and Medium Smoke volunteers.

The troll takes him to a room with a finger print scanner and retinal scanner and various other things to take biometrics. He immediately starts to throw a fit and ask the troll if he is going to give him money. The troll says no. He ask if he is going to give him his bonus. The troll says he doesn't know what he is talking about, he is just supposed to get their biometrics. Medium Smoke acts like a baby and throws a fit and storms out of the clinic, being a complete dick to the troll. No one else follows him. They all stay. I ask them if they wanna roll some logic dice. Cypher bust out with maybe they wanna give us SIN's, like good SIN's. Smart cookie that one, cause they do, but MS is right to be concerned cause now the Mafia has all of their biometrics. So they all let the troll take their biometrics and MS is not happy.

What the group doesn't know is that they are about to get rating 5 Fake SIN's with all the nessicary licenses. For Gunshows gear it's like a $20k package, the others not so much. Though the mafia is giving all of them Military Weapons licenses. The Mafia now has all of their biometrics of course and only Medium Smoke realizes how bad this is. This will come back to bite them if they ever betray the Gionelli's.

So this is done and now they go back to the flat. Cleopatra Brown gets a call from her friend at Urubia's Funhouse Clive Baker. CLive ask Cleopatra how she is settling in he new apartment that he helped her find and ask if she has found a crew yet. She tells him about the mostly awakened crew that she has found, how Urubia would be proud, except that the gang leader seems to be an anti-dragon fanatic and hates Urubia in particular. He says that's a shame cause of course Urubia is friend to all awakened. He tells her that he has a job for her team. Simple bagman job. All they have to do is come to the Fun House, pick up a cred stick, deliver it to an address, pick up a "package", and return to the Fun House with the package. A milkrun. This milkrun pays $20k and there is a $10k hazard pay bonus. Though he says there shouldn't be any trouble.

Cleopatra brown presents this to the group and everyone agrees it sounds like a good run. Medium Smoke wasn't here for this. When he gets here Cleopatra tells him about the run, he is skeptical. She lets it slip that the job if for Urubia. He played it cool and agreed to the run if he didn't have to go into the Fun House. He is afraid that Urubia will probe his mind and find his prejudice and eat him. He didn't try to fight the entire group on making the run.

That's pretty much where we left off. So behind the scenes the troll bartender from Redd's is the only person left alive who knows they went in there pitching the burlesque show before the bar blew up. Because they didn't abduct him before they blew up the bar he is going to be interrogated by the Yakuza, by Ninja in particular. Medium Smoke wore the gangs signature Ares Globetrotter trench coat and sub vocal microphone dog collar. Now the troll never actually saw them so I guess he can't describe this to Ninja. Anyway Ninja is going to be the Yakuza's lead investigator on who blew up the gang who was working for them. Ninja is going to be interrogating the bartender on the second day after the bombing at his project block. So depending on when they abduct the troll, they are still planning on selling him to the BTL producer, they may or may not run into Ninja and his new crew.

The BTL producer is putting on a BTL where a pack of Desolation Angels beat a male troll to death. When they drop off the troll he will tell them this and invite Cleopatra Brown and Cypher to join in on this. Cypher is a Desolation Angels groupie, her gang knowledge specializes in them, so she should jump at the chance to actually play with some of them. Twitch finds the whole BTL thing abhorrent and doesn't wanna let them use his van. So they may let a witness slip through their fingers, this will be bad for them.