NEWS

Bliss, Blessings and a Piece of Hell [IC]

• 526 Replies

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #255 on: <12-17-15/1443:19> »
[spoiler]I assume that you'd have bought a cheap hotel in an area where people usually don't ask a lot of questions. Still, the hotel manager won't be very pleased with what you did.
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #256 on: <12-22-15/0100:20> »
As the vehicle draws nearer to the Hive, people slowly start to gather. First, hardly noticable, youths casually stay close to you. The attention becomes way, way, way less subtle, as you open the doors and leave it with Broken Yoghurt.
A shriek goes through the bystanders. "The Iceman! The Iceman"
There's a commotion among the young people of the Hive, then people swarm out to call for the elders.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #257 on: <12-22-15/1644:59> »
"Let's get inside quickly. I'd like less spectators.', Scarcrow suggests. "Nothing to see here!", he then addresses any bold kids that try to get closer- if there are any,

He looked for any familiar faces among the youngsters.

[spoiler]Looking for anyone I know: Perception: 5d6t5 3 [/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <12-22-15/1809:16> by luckace »
speech   thought      "matrix talk"   <<message>>    whisper   foreign language

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #258 on: <12-22-15/1649:59> »
Mark takes his car and leaves the scene before that he tells Cynder and Scarcraw "Enjoy the show, I am calling it a night. I'd better be as far away from here as possible"  He heads home where he'll start the long and taxing process of converting the deck into his own ownership.

"My last service for you beast. Watch this FY guy - if somehow he survives the coming hours, kill him. Meta humanity will thank you for that."
He thinks at his spirit.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #259 on: <12-23-15/0324:24> »
Cinder arrived to late for the show, but not to late to witness the remains
Satisfied that they were done here, we drove back to the city to begin his night shift. So it came that he was the one calling in the dead man, hanging from a rafter outside the hive...

After a few hours sleep he went to the rented flat opposite the temple to wait for his new chummers.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #260 on: <12-23-15/0530:36> »
At first, the children are insecure about how to react. It takes a while until some of the elder kids arrive and take him into custody. Angry shouts arise and then the older boys start beating the limp body. But only seconds after they started, a shot creates silence. Man Bahadur finished the assassin off, before his brothers and sisters would turn into beasts. The dead were avenged, but the leader of the boys wishes for no further violence.
Still, they insisted on displaying the beaten corpse for at least a couple of days to warn the temple people not to underestimate angry youths.

You return to the hotel with mixed feelings as you gather to discuss your further plans.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #261 on: <12-27-15/0844:13> »
Scarcrow stood next to the window and carefully looked over to the temple.
He turned around to his companions:
"Mark, that beggar-disguise of yours was quite good. If we could get a hold on one of the guys involved with the kids, like this Uncle Prasad... you think you could take on his role?"

[spoiler]
Re: Bliss, Blessings and a Piece of Hell [OOC]
« Reply #83 on: Today at 10:12:21 »

Okay, fine by me. Still, though you might rework details about the plan after the scene, I doubt that the kids will influence the general direction. So I think you should already start to discuss your further steps in the main thread.
Ok, sounds good. [/spoiler]

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #262 on: <12-27-15/1051:36> »
Mark said "I can definitely try but we might need additional props, access keys and their similar"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #263 on: <12-27-15/1114:50> »
"Those could be obtained by identifying one of the technical staff and taking there access while they sleep off somewhere. Could you somehow hack the employee register?" asked Cinder.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #264 on: <12-27-15/1550:16> »
There doesn't seem to be a digital employee register. The temple does this stuff in a very old-fashioned way, apparently. Or at least, you can't find anything like that in proximity to the physical building of the temple.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #265 on: <12-29-15/0650:39> »
"No digital information? That's a bummer." He stroke his scarred chin, which still didn't make him seem sophisticated. "Then I guess we have to get our hands on one of the employees and get the information the direct way.
Or... these kids got friends in there, right? What ya say, could we smuggle one of the rat-pack inside to, um, visit their chummers? Maybe bug him with a little camera, or try to get him to steal a key-card or whatever they have?"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #266 on: <12-29-15/0731:24> »
Mark said "we can just try and head in I am good with disguises ,  but perhaps we'd like to start with someone less high profile than the project manager who is likely to be on site? I am good but I am not that good - if I encounter the real uncle then I doubt there will be much doubt whom of us is the real one. These guys are also BFF's with our benefactor FY - so who knows how bad it is to be caught in their net. How about we attempt to compose a list of researchers?

Kidnapping a researcher, or break into his home - perhaps we can even start with the project manager, if we can get leverage on him perhaps he will do what we say - he could be the voice in my ear as I sneak in and steal/erase the project data. Perhaps if we also kidnap his children "

When there was some time Mark searched the trix and the deck for anything he could piece together about employees in the temple. Namely perhaps FY photographed a few of them with his cyber eyes and did not delete the images. Names addresses and anything that relates, the aim is to find out their home addresses and some details about them. After all the evil one was paying for researchers.

[spoiler]
Mark will search to learn anything he can about Uncle Prasad - so we can make a plan to kidnap him (or his cat).
Improve Intuition: 14d6t5 7 F5
drain: 9d6t5 3 - no drain
higher concentration to negate sustaining penalties and here we go:
I am not sure if computer search is a single roll or extended test - so if it is a single one:
computer search: 16d6t5 4
Otherwise -
computer search: 15d6t5 3
computer search: 14d6t5 3
computer search: 13d6t5 2
and if I need I'll continue.
[/spoiler]

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #267 on: <12-29-15/0920:44> »
"Mhm... that sounds good, but I think Prasad is the wrong guy for that. Remember, he's their combat-coach. How skilled are you when it comes to fighing? Won't they see through your disguise pretty quickly?
I think you're right, we should make a list of the guys involved first, and then pick one you say you can match easily."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #268 on: <12-29-15/0926:20> »
Mark said "I don't fight this is why I did not want to leave the car in that 'hive', street punks  can be violent and using magic to defend yourself is even more high profile. Perhaps he is not the one to impersonate - what was the name of the lead scientist? let's kidnap that guy impersonate him and download/erase their project. But perhaps Cynder can impersonate Prasad - I can make some good quality disguises and might even be able magical enhance him to be more convincing. "
« Last Edit: <12-29-15/0928:47> by gilga »

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #269 on: <12-30-15/0622:42> »
[spoiler]I'll post details of the matrix search as soon as you've devided details of whom you're looking for. You don't have to reroll.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"