NEWS

Bliss, Blessings and a Piece of Hell [IC]

• 526 Replies

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #90 on: <10-08-15/0954:12> »
So he knows him!!!
An ugly smile spread on Scarcrow's face as he let out a dark snarl, his hand clutching into very big fists.
"Listen up, that puny pea-shooter of yours can't scare me. Neither does your pack of midgets." He looks at the others to check if anyone else is readiyng a weapon. " You think you can take me down?", and he chuckled. "I've dealt with nastier folks before breakfast. I could just crush you like the beetles you are to me."
"But I don't want to start a war with you guys, so if you don't know Lucky, I'll get off right now.
But if you know him and like him, you better f*cking let me explain, 'cause his friends are in some serious danger and all I'm trying to do is to find them before the drek really hits the fan.
So if you attack me you don't only provoke a beating like Lord Shiva's wrath, you also sentence this poor guys's chummers to death.

Now, will ya let me pass or not?"

[spoiler]Intimidating the leader: 7d6t5 2    (-2 for being outnumbered, -2 for being outgunned, +3 for being big as hell)
Took the liberty of adding the full booster of +3 dices for "physically imposing", I don't know the exact rules for that, feel free to do a reroll if that was wrong.
Oh, and do I also have to roll negotiation since that was also kind of negotiating?[/spoiler]
speech   thought      "matrix talk"   <<message>>    whisper   foreign language

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #91 on: <10-09-15/0121:15> »
Cinder

They leave you alone, free to go. So you wander around a little more and, half by accident, half intendend, run into a construction well-known not only in Nepal, but more or less in the whole world: The Hive.
The building reminds you of the good old houses of cards: It is massive, high and home to a thousand young Nepalis, indeed buzzing with life like the Hive it's named for, but it also looks frail. When the wind blows heavily, you can see it rock back and forth in a slow pace and you're sure it would collaps any moment. Not that the people cared who live there: They have nothing to lose.
You've been here before. But this time, something is different. You can't quite put your finger on it but your policemen instincts tell you that something's wrong here.

Mark

Kim makes a sad face. "This is such a tragic story! My, you are an unlucky fellow.
"Me... I'm only half-local, that's right. My father is Nepali, he was overseer at construction sites or something. One day, they built something huge in Corea. I'm not quite sure I understood what it woos but it belonged to an AAA so he asked me not to ask too many questions. He met one of the cooks and, bam, fell in love."

She giggles.
"They said they made me right away, there in Corea. And they used to smile when they said so.
We're not poor people. I like to come here, though. The temple is beautiful and I like the crowds here."

Scarcrow

[spoiler]It's fine the way it is ^^[/spoiler]

The man hesitates a moment, and no one else draws their arms. After a second or two, he regains his composure.
"We know he's in fucking danger, asshole. And people like you are the reason. Why can't you big rich-as-hell wrinklers just leave us alone? What's we boys to you anyway?"
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #92 on: <10-09-15/0253:09> »
Mark tells Kim, "my wife and son are secure and safe. I lived most my life and I am still alive, I am a lucky person. It is not that I do not miss them and wish things would be different, but that specific choice is nothing that I regret. They deserved a shot for good inspiring life. Most of my childhood friends died right where they born, in the same neighborhood. Yet here I am, talking with you having outlived them all. I am a lucky man, and am happy to still be alive even if the need is great and the hour is desperate. I've been through worse.

I was never here before believe it or not, I was wondering if that temple is the kind to need security. Perhaps if they are so nice, they could use my services, after I showered and found something more respected to wear that is. Do you happen to know anyone in there?"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #93 on: <10-09-15/0354:03> »
Cinder sent a quick status update to Mark and Scarcrow before entering the Hive.
Trying to stay hyper vigilant he moved between the colorful contraptions and didn't neglect to also check above his head for danger.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #94 on: <10-09-15/0541:28> »
"Chummer, if I'd be rich as hell, would I be here then?" Scarcrow relaxes a bit, his muscles are loosing the built-up tension.
"Do you know their situation? See, I work at a place that might someday somehow maybe give me the opportunity to help these poor fellows. But - if I am to seize that opportunity - I need to know more about the circumstances. If Lucky - or anyone familiar with the case - gives us the necessary background-information we might just be able to get your pals back safe'n sound.
I hope."

« Last Edit: <10-09-15/0543:01> by luckace »

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #95 on: <10-12-15/0349:48> »
Mark

"Sure, I know some people in there. Do you want to meet them? We could visit them together if you like."
Your experience with people (especially from this country) tells you that she might indeed know someone, but not very well and probably no-one useful. It is the way these people say "yes" when they don't want to say "no" because that would be impolite.

Cinder

As soon as you approach the Hive, you can almost feel the awareness of the people with every step. Youngsters stop their conversations, couples flee to kiss somewhere else, the elders prepare. Then a troll steps out of the shadows. He's wearing torn jeans and a way too small shirt (but still troll size). His muscles look like thick wires, and a chain is slung around his massive body. He walks to steps towards you, then commands in a deep, rumbling voice:
"Get outta here!"

Scarcrow

The man snarls in disbelief. "Yeah, sure, and if I give you all my money, you will wave your magic wand and bring back ten times its worth. What are you? Sweet Jesus? Gandhi? Why don't you get lost?"
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #96 on: <10-12-15/0354:22> »
Cinder looked the troll up and down: "I'm looking for a friend, Lucky, street musician. It's about helping that little boy Musaa. You know him?"
talk think matrix

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #97 on: <10-12-15/0612:20> »
Scarcrow growled. This guy was getting on his nerves, although his distrust was understandable.
"Listen, punk!", he said, his voice was getting louder and darker, "If I wanted to harm Lucky,  you guys would be dead by now.
I'm not a saint and certainly not a hero. Lucky and my boss just happen to have a common enemy, that's why I'm helpin' him. We're on the same side, but if you don't want me to, fine, I'm not gonna force you."

If the gangers are still listening and don't interrupt him, he continues:

"So these are the stakes, boy: There are other guys who want to settle scores with the temple as well. So either you accept these guys' help, pull on the same string with them, if ya know what I mean...
Or you let Bikki stay brainwashed and the others will rot to death. I'm fine with both options."
« Last Edit: <10-12-15/0716:26> by luckace »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #98 on: <10-13-15/0003:52> »
Its okay said Mark and when they was done politely left. 

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #99 on: <10-14-15/1837:50> »
Cinder

The troll hesitates. "Who are you? Why do you know about Musaa? What do you want from lucky?"
You can tell the young man definitely is suspicious, but doesn't appear to be hostile.

Scarcrow

The gangers, slightly taken aback by your more direct approach, stop their snarls to listen. When you've finished, the leader was just about to say something, when another teenager, a girl with green-pink-striped hair standing in all directions, interrupts him: "What can you do? Can you make the attacks stop? Can you keep the Ice Man from coming here?"

Mark

After a while and a nice, hot meal, you get back to the temple. It still lies there in the afternoon sun, unchanged (although everything seems a bit less hostile and a bit warmer after some decent dal bhat).

[spoiler]Are you going to
  • familiarize with the beggars in the temple area
  • familiarize with the beggars in the surrounding or
  • trying a different approach?
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #100 on: <10-16-15/0315:04> »
Mark tries to familirize himself with the beggers of the close area. He also looks for good places for survilence that would not be noticed.
« Last Edit: <10-16-15/0317:59> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #101 on: <10-16-15/0811:02> »
Cinder shrugged:
"I am Cinder. Lucky came to me and my colleagues a week ago for help. We did our best to get the temple in official ways, no luck. Now a new player has entered the game and there is a chance to make it right. But I do need information from Lucky and Musaa about the temple interior.
So what's your name and how do you know about that?"
talk think matrix

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #102 on: <10-16-15/1048:50> »
"Easy, girl, easy." He scratched his forehead.
"See, I'm with you against the temple, but I don't fancy getting involved in any kind of gang war or whatever. I'm only one guy, after all. By the way, I'm called Scarcrow. Who are you guys? And how do you know Lucky?"

After dealing with the formalities - if the gangers have such manners - he continues:
"Who's attacking you you? And who is this Iceman?"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #103 on: <10-18-15/0353:55> »
Mark

The beggars don't pay much attention to Mark. That is, they talk to him, and they do so nicely, but they seem not to expect him to give them money (though they try a bit) and they certainly don't assume that he might in fact be anything else then a beggar. So you sit down, let the afternoon sun warm your body and watch the temple.
The temple indeed is a beautiful thing. A three-roofed pagoda, guarded by statues of lions, gods and gryphons. The whole place is paved with red bricks and every now and then you can make out a statue, red all over with vermilion. There are garlands of marygold and orange-robed figures.
After a while you get used to the view and are able to notice some things. For once, some of the people don't leave the place: neither do they enter the temple nor do they walk away. In their casualness, there is something very awake, very aware. Sentinels.
Some other people seem to live in the temple. They are hardly to be seen outside, but every now and then they leave the temple for different reasons.
And you can see kids, too. Some of them already wear orange robes, some don't. Those who don't, wear cheap, ragged clothes: they're street kids, orphans probably. And they do look happy.

Cinder

"Seven hells! You're dat cop, -oh. Less talk sumwhere else."
He ushers you closer. "Me's Sissy. Cum, we go."

The troll drags you a few streets further, where fewer ears are likely to listen, then he bends to one knee to be level with you. "So you're the cop Lucky talked to? Right? D'ya wanna meet with them guys?

Scarcrow

"My name's Suzanne. This is Maggot (you can hear a few chuckles from the other gangers and a soft whincing as Maggot expresses his opinion on this nickname with a well-aimed punch) and Ravesh, Durga and Ram (she pronounces it like the English word "ram").
"Lucky is a"

"Shut up about Lucky, Sooze. We don't know this fucker.
"Jizz, drekhead."
She clenches her jaw, but respects the wish of her elder. "The Iceman ... he comes here. Every now and then. Long time no see, then suddenly he tracks down of the kids. Hurts them. Tortures them. He even killed two of us. We call him the Iceman because of the cold look of his. Some say he's a god. A god of wrath and death."
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #104 on: <10-18-15/0518:51> »
"Shh. Yes, but don't advertise it. Lead the way. The more info I get about this, the higher the chances I can help you."
Cinder followed the troll, realizing only now that it was a female.
talk think matrix