NEWS

Bliss, Blessings and a Piece of Hell [IC]

• 526 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #135 on: <11-03-15/0301:17> »
[spoiler]
Don't worry about RIker. He's a stupid, angry teenager - maybe a bit tempered now that he has a bike again  8)
He does want to see FY dead, but he's not as keen as he pretends to be the one to pull the trigger personally.
So you certainly have leeway - he would volunteer in an instant to guard the door for example.
[/spoiler]

The traffic was terrible as always, but Cinder managed to reach his destination in good time. He waited until his chummers arrived.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #136 on: <11-03-15/1321:28> »
Scarcrow ground his teeth. That ain't a kid's party...
He didn't like this, but the young man seemed too eager to give by. For a moment the troll thought about sending the biker to wrong coordinates, but in the end, an additional guy might come in handy.
So he nodded. "Aye, why not. But none of us has time to watch ya, so you will stay back, stay low and stay out of trouble, got me?"
The moment he said the words, he had the feeling that Riker would simply ignore them. Whatever, he's been warned.
"These are the coordinates. I'll get a cab."

Hurrying for the first taxi that's not a Riksha, he makes his way off. He'll  tip the driver extra and tell him to "drive like Vishnu's discus is chasing ya", trying to be at the spa as quickly as possible.

@Teamspeak:
"Riker insists on joining us. Might prove useful. Iceman seems to be mundane, but damn good with guns."
« Last Edit: <11-03-15/1324:31> by luckace »
speech   thought      "matrix talk"   <<message>>    whisper   foreign language

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #137 on: <11-03-15/1330:57> »
<<Damn. Hopefully he doesn't tip off FY.
Oh well, I happen to be a good shot too, but I'm wearing body armor>>

Cinder grinned beneath his helmet. Nothing like beginning an investigation with a guilty witness....
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #138 on: <11-03-15/1554:35> »
Mark arrives on site and begin preparing for combat. First thing he summons a spirit of air, not before augmenting his logic to avoid drain. Spirit summoned and is designed for combat, equipped with elemental attack, Fear. Scary and deadly and Mark hoped not to meet one on the street. Before Mark is willing to enter combat he also augments his own intuition.  "Now I am ready..."  thought Mark and looked for his parthers in crime that know what it is all about.

[spoiler]
(I think the logic was augmented from previous post but I forgot so I do again).
Improve Logic: 14d6t5 3
drain: 12d6t5 6
logic raised by 3, no drain.
Highten concern is used to negate sustaining penalty while summoning.
summon F6 spirit of air: 12d6t5 6
spirit defense: 6d6t5 1
drain: 12d6t5 2
5 services gained, no drain

Improve intuition  (remove logic...)
Improve Intuition: 14d6t5 3
Drain: 9d6t5 2
intuition raised by 3, no drain.
[/spoiler]

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #139 on: <11-04-15/0145:34> »
Scarcrow

Riker grins widely. "Yeah, sure. I want be a hassle. Let's go, I have a bi... oh, yeah, take a taxi. See ya then!"
You can see a very small of moment of hesitation, when Riker reflects on whether or not he should call his friends, too, but then he speeds to his bike. He's on the move before you can even turn around.

The Spa

The Temple of Wonders indeed looks like something. Located in the southern area of Thamel, it's indeed an établissement you could call fancy. Pillars with (cheap) gold paint give it a bit of the appearance of a Greek temple. A velvet carpet which is surprisingly clean welcomes the guest. A Nepali, dressed in a fine scarlet suit is grinning constantly what some would call a Pashupati smile. It seems a bit frozen which leaves a bitter taste in your mouth. A marbled floor leads inside the building.

Outside the Temple, there's Thamel, and a lot of it. It's noisy, crouded and stinking. You keep your belongings close, ever aware of thiefs, although Scarcrow keeps away most threats by his mere presence. One offer for face surgery reaches his ear, but none of you is sure whether this was meant as a mockery or a real offer.
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #140 on: <11-04-15/1538:15> »
The first thing Cinder did, was going around the place, noting all exits. The kids had given a pretty good description of FY.
When the others had arrived, he turned to them: "Ok, this will be the first test of our working relationship. I'll go in and flash my badge. Hopefully the lady won't make a fuss.
Mark, I want you at the backside of the building. Be prepared to hit FY with something non-lethal. Scarcrow, you are my back up. Be ready to knock him out if he gets away from me.
Any questions or improvements on this plan?"
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #141 on: <11-04-15/1626:36> »
Mark said "I am deploying some surveillance drones just in case it does not go as we want and there is a spirit in the astral in case it goes really bad. Just so you know."

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #142 on: <11-04-15/1650:04> »
Scarcrow nodded.
"Might be suspicious though if I go in together with you. Shall I wait and give you a headstart? Or are we openly playing me as your... deputy or something? "
He turned to the street-boy: "Riker, you do what I've told ya and keep off for now. Cause if he sees you, he knows something's fishy. Stay in a sideway and keep your bike ready, if everything fails, you go for him. You got a comlink?"
He looks at the others for objections.

[spoiler]@Jack_Spade: Just so I don't get this wrong and make a horrible mistake: You mean backup like following you inside and literally backing you up, or staying back outside? [/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #143 on: <11-05-15/1547:22> »
"Yeah, that would probably be best. I don't know but I guess FY won't just attack a cop who seems to legitimately want to arrest him - guys like him have lawyers. So keep out of sight but be ready to intervene. Once I have cuffed him we bring him to the hive.

And Riker, don't do anything stupid. Just back up Mark here. You and your friends will have enough chance to get back on FY."

Cinder waited for them to get into position before he entered the temple/spa: "Good evening miss, you have a guest at the moment that I need to speak to. Here's a picture. Would you kindly tell me were I can find him?"
talk think matrix

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #144 on: <11-06-15/0804:00> »
After Cinder leaves, Scarcrow waits in an alleyway or anywhere where he can't be seen by the smiler for a while, trying to listen to their conversation.

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #145 on: <11-06-15/1424:58> »
[spoiler]I didn't mention a woman, did I?
It's difficult to find out whether there's a second entrance at the backside since the houses stand wall on wall to each other: You'd have to walk around the block. Which, I guess, a policeman would do. So yes: There is a second entry at the backside, as well as a garage and several windows. Both back-entries are locked, of course.[/spoiler]

Riker nods eagerly. "Right. I'll stay right here, and if this rat's gonna try and flee, I'll hunt him down like the vermin he is!
With that, and a somewhat pale expression, he turns around his bike and drives it to the next alley.

The page at the entry smiles a broad, very frozen, and very artificial smile as he answers:
"I am very sorry to say you that, sir, but we have all our customers very confident. Very sorry, sir, but please, enter the Temple of Wonders are look yourself!"

[spoiler]I assume that you talked to him in English since Nepali isn't listed as a language skill of Cinder.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #146 on: <11-06-15/1609:45> »
Cinder answered in Nepali: "Listen and listen well: I know this man is inside. You have two options   - either you tell me or I arrest you for aiding a violent criminal. If that man escapes you will be responsible for every bad thing he does from now on.
So I ask you one last time: Where is this man."
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #147 on: <11-06-15/1706:01> »
Mark used his Horizon flying eyes to cover possible exists as well as main exit. He left the drones autonomous but before that he took a careful look of the surrounding on his own trying to ensure that nothing unexpected happens.

[spoiler]
Mark has brand loyalty to the RCC, he use heighten concern to negate spell sustain penalty and replaces perception with electronic warfare as he is operating through the drones sensor arrays.
Perception with drone (electronic warefare): 3#15d6t5 4 5 9  All reached their limit of 3 (unmodified flying eyes). 
[/spoiler]

Once the drones deployed, Mark took a view in the Matrix trying to figure out if anything is out of the ordinary within the building Cynder enters.
[spoiler]
[spoiler]Matrix perception (hot sim) : 15d6t5 4[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
To complete the picture Mark sends his spirit to perform an astral scan of the place and alert him to anything out of the ordinary, spells spirits awakened people inside.
[spoiler]Assensing: 12d6t5 5
4 services remains.
[/spoiler]

With all that done, Mark felt happy in his natural place he felt was back in the van, or in his case the Gopher truck. He hopes that Cynder will have the best of luck in there and will help him if things get messy to the best he can. Although he is a cop, he is now on the right side of the law and that makes him a criminal just like Mark.

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #148 on: <11-08-15/1421:37> »
[spoiler]Opposed roll: 4d6t5 1[/spoiler]
You got hime.

@gilga: "concern" is a typo in the source book. It should be "heightened concentration". Apart from this: there is nothing unusual for the area. Which doesn't mean we're exactly safe. There are always predators in Thamel.
In the Matrix, you can find FY's commlink. Apart from this, the building has a sound host and some base defense mechanisms but nothing you would be surprised to find in a spa in Thamel.

Scanning the place and alerting you are two different services. So there are three services left.
There's some astral pollution in the area but this doesn't directly effect the spa. There are no Awakened beings in the whole building nor a barrier or something. It seems you hit FY unprepared. [/spoiler]

The man raises his hands in defense. "All right, all right. He is in there. He's in the solarium. Just follow the AROs. Are ... are you police?
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #149 on: <11-08-15/1442:48> »
Cinder looked the man in the eye and said: "I am. Thank you for your cooperation."
With confident strides he walked towards the solarium, taser in his right, hand cuffs in his left.
When he reached the door, he took a quick peek inside. When he was satisfied that the man was indeed using the solarium he went in, aimed the taser and said:
"Citizen 543-7778/55 aka Frozen Yogurt, you are under arrest. Get up and put your hands behind your back. If you resist we will use immediate force."
talk think matrix