NEWS

Gaming group new to ShadowRun

• 7 Replies

xangpow

• Newb
« on: <09-08-15/1701:40> »
So our gaming group is thinking about running some games using the ShadowRun system. I got the beginner box and the runners toolkit to help me run this and help them play the game. So my question is do I give the players the dossier booklets or is that for me to read and tell the players what I want them to know? Also we are all very experienced at playing RPG but none of us have play any ShadowRun games. Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you. 

witchdoctor

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <09-08-15/2016:12> »
As I understand it the dossier booklets are in there specifically for the players to read and get an idea what a fleshed out SR character looks like.

xangpow

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <09-08-15/2117:53> »
Ok cool. Yeah, that's what I thought until I got to the back where it says "Scene 1", "Scene 2", "Scene 3". Then I thought that was going to be part of the game that we are going to run. So I thought "Wait, I can't show them this. Then they will know what to say, where to go, who to talk to."

Thanks again.

witchdoctor

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <09-09-15/0017:34> »
Maybe I'm getting my items mixed up, can you describe this dossier in more detail, I don't have the box myself so I'm not 100% clear on what's in it.

xangpow

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <09-09-15/0047:51> »
Sure, no problem.  :)

The first page is the background of the character. It also has Favorite Downtime Activities, Favorite Media and Loyalties.

Second page has is more background but also has Vital Contacts, Things (S)he Will Do and Things (S)he Wont Do.

Third page is "Preferred Tactics" so how they would react to 1 to 1, small and large encounters. It also talks about how the character would deal with things like Stealth, Social situations and Surveillance/Recon

Fourth page shows what is on the record sheet and how to read it.

Page five and six has "Scene 1", "Scene 2", "Scene 3", "Scene 4", "Scene 5", "Scene 6". And then what they are doing in each scene.

It reads like a story but makes references to possible people to talk to and what they find out if they succeed in the rolls and what happens if they don't. It also makes references to pages in other books that comes in the box. I must say I haven't fully read any on the scene parts so I don't know if they interact with each other.

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: <09-09-15/0050:07> by xangpow »

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #5 on: <09-09-15/0141:13> »
Those files were meant for the players. The scenes you are referring to are actually solo adventures for that character.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

xangpow

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <09-09-15/0814:43> »
ok cool thanks.

witchdoctor

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <09-09-15/2239:34> »
Those files were meant for the players. The scenes you are referring to are actually solo adventures for that character.

Whew, I panicked there for a second and thought I had gotten my boxes mixed up somehow. I got worried when he mentioned scenes because it sounded like that might have been the GM box which the players may not necessarily want to read unless they want to ruin the surprise.