NEWS

The host, the drone, and the wild wild life.

• 1 Replies

jofer234

• Newb
« on: <09-02-15/1419:31> »
Hello everyone  :D
I was recently thinking about those three themes. What do you think about:
1) Metahuman matrix host. I know, the hosts in the Matrix doesnt connected to the physical location.Moreover, matrix will just start OS if it doesnt know what to do with such thing....
BUT.
As far as i know, there is Jackpoint host.But you cant find it just like another host.Because it is the software on runners commlinks.Also,in the Shadowrun Boston lockdown, was unofficia matrix web.It was kinda slow but it is still the Matrix.
I was thinking about lots and lots cyberware (-4/5 essense points) for that and  probably host raiting 1-2.And you probably must to be Technomancer.But honestly, i am not sure about relevance.
On the one hand you can storage files and create free WANS ( :o).But on the other hand- you can control everything.EVERY device in your WANS and just because you are still the owner.
What do you think about that?For me,its very strong atmoshpere of cyberpunk but stil...probably too OP and just for movies?
2) Drone.I mean 20 drones.No,100 drones.Okey maybe 5 or 10
Well by RAW, Riggers can control 3 drones.Decker can contril 1 (Control device command) and in the corebook you can just install software to drone to make him work autonomously.Okey.
But why i cant
a) Buy 20 drones.Equip them with Grenade launchers
b) Install 20 autipilot programms.Reprogramm them ti follow some simple commands like- Follow me.Watch for my Gestures.Kill everything that have Red cross on it.
c) Mark something or someone by this Red Cross.
its kinda strange and OP for me but i dont know why i cant.I dont have the limit for the devices that i have right?
3) Simple but still.
In running wild book for 4th corebook there are still animals in the woods of Seattle.There are still guards and probably drones who patrol the forests.But no fences or RFID tags on every animal.
Yeah,you will pay something about 3 000 cash if you kill animal without permission.But the guards cant just be behind every tree.
So,theoretically,runners can just go to the forest.Track some animal.Kill and eat food.Real food.
Did i miss something?kinda big problem for the soyburger industry.Maybe i missed something but its strange too why no one do anything to prevent that.
I am sorry for my bad english.Thanks to the Sixth world goverment education for that :/

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #1 on: <09-02-15/1844:45> »
3 - because the wild is a dangerous place to go. Nature has gone crazy and is actively hunting humans more than before. Not only do animals have magical powers now, so do the flora. Also there are spirits who aren't too keen on humanity either. Characters in the fluff do not venture into the wild for a reason, many outright fear setting foot out there should they have been there before. Hell they even fear Devil Rats and other fauna INSIDE the urban areas.
Another side of the issue is the planet is even more polluted than now, so who is to say that animal meat is edible for that matter even if it isn't polluted? It might be poisoned or worse from evolution.

Or the animals are there for the runners to find? Just like now as humanity marches on and claims more and not of the wild for himself the animals retreat. Usually only smaller animals are capable of adapting to the cess pools we leave behind or worse live in.

And even if they are there, very few runners have the necessary skill set to actually hunt. Just because you know how to handle weapons does not mean you are capable to tracking down the animals you can and want to eat. Very very few runners have wilderness survival skills, fewer at the usable level.

As for drones can't you divide them into groups (even a single of 20) and give that group a single command? As fast as I can remember a RCC can slave 3 per rating so it's really just a question of ¥.
What you really should be asking where can I use my bomber fleet and not have the MILITARY come down on me hard? They pack even more serious hardware than the Corp Sec.
And who would work with someone who leaves nothing but craters with nothing salvageable  or even paydata behind? Offered jobs would be very narrow if that is all you can do.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?