NEWS

Into the Chaos - Meet the Knights [IC]

• 348 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« on: <08-26-15/1246:38> »
Tuesday 24, December 2075, 12:00.

The previous night was intense, rumour has it that almost any shadowrunner in the city had a run. It is very possible that runners are also on the profiting side of the developing situation. The main event is an assassination in the organized crime. The media does not uncover if the assassination was successful or even the organizations involved, but rumor has it of a double assassination with two natural rivals. There was yet another attack on Bellevue, 8 walking dead were brutally eliminated by recently deployed bumble-bee drones. "They did not even try to dodge the bullets" report an eye witness.

This is not all, there was a mysterious explosion in the Barrens. It created a massive fireball, that no one in the entire city could miss. There are many rumors of a rogue mage tossing a fire elemental and even fireballs and the locals are terrified. The reporter interview some Ganger that say: "... if he tried it in our territory, we'd all shot first and ask questions later!" . If you recognized the gang colors you know that he is with the Ancients. There are even reports of some poor guy was completely burned to death, along with the heart breaking story of his ten years old daughter and widowed wife.  As if that wasn't enough,  a corporate delivery car was attacked with stolen military grade anti vehicular weapons. There is an ongoing investigation in the local UCAS military trying to find how this weapon ended up in the streets.

This is a lot of mileage for one night, even for a big city such as Seattle.  The leading story of today is that the Knight Errants demand an emergency funding that will double their annual budget - "in order to make the streets safe again." Say the chief of police and also assure the viewers that the new task force will bring the Barrens under control and fight crime.

You are therefore not entirely surprised when you hear that the KE wants you for questioning. The good news is that this is not just you. Friends in the shadows tell you that the KE are questioning anyone that is even remotely suspected of being a shadowrunner. In their eyes it is like fishing in a barrel. They are all guilty - the KE just has to figure what criminal did each crime. 

[spoiler]
Your first post should describe your day to day life. Somewhere between 14:00 to 18:00 your character should be brought to the police HQ for questioning. Feel free to RP that part as well. Where did they find you? and do you go with them or try to run away? I'll pick the game when and where you decide that the KE are meeting you. It is an opportunity to get the feeling of your character and the sort of things he'll be doing in this fine Tuesday.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <08-26-15/1250:06> by gilga »

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <08-26-15/1331:25> »
Exhaling cigarette smoke and breathing in the foul air outside.  A horrid stench fills Maxwell's nose and lungs.  Smells like fear and gunpowder outside mixed in with smog.  Taking another long puff of his cigarette creates a dark warmth in Maxwell's heart.  Standing around outside his apartment room planning his daily activities.  Maxwell knows he doesn't have much time before Knight Errant or the like comes knocking.  And without wasting anymore time, Maxwell puts out his smoke and walks back inside his room.

Taking a few steps inside Maxwell makes a mental note of where everything is.  His apartment room was devoid in the ways of luxury and very spartan.  Inside was a table with a single chair and his gas mask lying on it.  Moving further down was a small bar and kitchen barely stocked.  A little more down was his room and where all of his arcane supplies were kept.  His room contained a twin sized mattress where he slept and his collection of lodge materials.  Pagan runes and demonic symbols drawn on the walls.  A giant pentagram circle in the center and a few stacks of dark tomes resided next to his bed.  This is where Faustian deals made with silver tongues happen.  Knowing that Knight Errant might be coming Maxwell decided it would be best if he had some insurance to go along with it.  A powerful elemental was needed so Maxwell searched the astral for one that would hear his call.

"Spirit of frigid ice I implore you to assist me."
« Last Edit: <08-26-15/1546:22> by Mulcarn »
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <08-26-15/1353:51> »
During a lull in local patients coming in for treatment, Serge lies back in his faux leather recliner watching an old sci-fi flick on the trid unit. When the news comes across of the Knight Errant 'round ups', he rolls his eyes and mutters to himself, "Well, here come the jack boots."

It was hard to get a good one, since the area tended to end up with such things getting stolen, but he turns to the servant drone and takes the glass of bourbon from its tray and takes a swig. He's rather unconcerned with the matters for the most part, as he was only doing his duty as a medical professional and had only fired a single shot--in self defense against that roto-drone at that--the entire night. His only concern was that if he were truthful, that magician just might find himself locked away for quite some time given the destructive magics he'd thrown.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

WNxTyr4el

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <08-26-15/1357:54> »
Aiden looks outside his downtown Seattle apartment balcony into the Seattle night.  He pulls a cigarette out of his pack of Camel Lights and takes a long drag and thinks to himself, "Damn, seems like something's going on in the Barrens."  He takes another long drag on his cigarette and flicks it off the balcony onto the noisy streets below.  He turns on the TV to check out the local news when he hears a knock at the door - Knight Errant.  Apparently they're questioning anyone suspected of being a shadowrunner tonight.  Aiden thinks, "Tch, somebody pissed the wrong people off.".  He goes with the Knight Errant officers peacefully to answer their questions about the events of last night.  After all, he wasn't involved.
« Last Edit: <08-26-15/1441:17> by WNxTyr4el »
Speech
Thoughts
Texts and Commlink
Whisper
Spirits
Descriptors and Narrative

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <08-26-15/1431:49> »
David wasn't any fool, he knew what was going down. How couldn't he? It was his job to know. Watching the feeds of a number of different news stations wasn't too odd for him, as he sat in his small home, a map of the barrens up on a wall. A real, paper map. a tag in the map created an overlay that allowed him to keep track of different gang terratory lines, updated constantly by him, but was lacking a bit compaired to his dossiars of the politics going on each gang, mafia, triad, ghost cartel, even runners he knew. The nearest KE to his location was quite a distance, but his place was often hard to find, due to roads around him becoming different roads, lots of back ally passes, roads with similar names that were more popular, more populated. Estimating it was going to be only a few moments before they started showing up and poking around, he didn't want to let them figure out how to get to his place. Not yet. Too soon.

Adjusting his microcamera pin, the rather simple young man steps up and out into day light, moving down the street in basic clothing. He moved towards the street he knew the KE should be coming by soon, It was always a confusing corner after all, though it was rather annoying because of how hard it was to get pizza sometimes.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <08-26-15/1503:12> »
@Maxwell, The summoning knocks you out and you wake with a terrible headache in a room full of other questionable people.  A big orc next to you says "So sleeping beauty is finally up... what did you do last night? fool around with the dwarfs?!" He laughs, and the laugh seems to be catching. The joke wasn't even funny tough but the other prisoners instinctively know when that bad ass orc  laugh you better find it funny. His entire body seems illegal. He has two obvious chrome cyberlimbs full of dents from bullets and other scars, you can clearly tell that he had spurs that were removed from both hands.

@Serge, when the KE arrive an Orc officer kindly ask you come to accompany him to the police HQ. The cop tell you:
Are you Justin Feron?  "I am sorry to disturb your important work. I am officer Damian Jones, you are needed for questioning down town. "

[spoiler]
Is it alright? what name will they probobly use? (what SIN will your character be displaying?)
[/spoiler]

@David When you go to the street you meet a gorgeous blond elf lady in KE uniform. "David!... David Wiseman! I finally find you. I am looking here for 20 minutes trying to figure where you live.  Can you please come with me to the police HQ ? I am Stephanie Ranches you are not under arrest or anything... we just need to ask you a few questions about all that stuff that happened yesterday. You usually know quite a bit about what's going on."

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <08-26-15/1511:34> »
@Serge, when the KE arrive an Orc officer kindly ask you come to accompany him to the police HQ. The cop tell you:
Are you Justin Feron?  "I am sorry to disturb your important work. I am officer Damian Jones, you are needed for questioning down town. "

[spoiler]
Is it alright? what name will they probobly use? (what SIN will your character be displaying?)
[/spoiler]

Clicking off the trid and answering the door, the doctor responds to the officer, "Of course. I've nothing to hide.

[spoiler]
Since he's at his home, he'd be showing his real identity (that's the one you used). Everything is on the up and up on it, so there should be no issue.
[/spoiler]

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <08-26-15/1517:45> »
@Big-Ass Ork, Maxwell's head was throbbing already, he didn't need bad jokes to go along with it.  "Should have summoned a fire elemental instead."  Noticing the chrome and the scars on the ork's body made Maxwell groan internally.  "Why's every cybered ork in the Barrens after me?"  Maxwell looks up at the ork and in an annoyed voice says: "Can't a guy take a nap without being bugged?"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <08-26-15/1547:51> »
@Serge, you arrive at the police HQ down town. Your SIN check out (as it is a real SIN) and you are greeted to talk with a middle aged human that everybody refer to as 'captain rob', it does not take a genius to know that it is not about rank. At least not current rank as there is no 'captain' rank in the KE.

He greets you and have a pleasant chit chat about the news, it takes him about 2 minutes to reach the point. "I'll be real with you, I have sources that places you in multiple crime scenes. Your SIN was scanned by one of our flying eyes. But lets be civilized, do you mind telling me where you were yesterday evening say from 18:00 to 1:00 ? "

@Maxwell - The orc gives you a terrifying smile, you are not sure if he is going to hit and send you back to sleep or to open up to you. You almost wait for him to strike you but he extend a head. "Just messing with you because you are new in here... I get thrown in here every time someone in this city makes a crime. I am called XMN, I work as a bouncer at the Skelton. who are you? "

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <08-26-15/1556:58> »
@XMN - Doing his best to stand up on wobbling legs and not fall over.  "A gangland enforcer sent here to fetch me, wonderful."  Seeing no point to using his real name, Maxwell replies with: "Name's Sovereign and how can I help you?"

[spoiler]Sovereign's Fake SIN uses his real name: Maxwell Rhodes[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <08-26-15/1600:06> by Mulcarn »

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <08-26-15/1559:04> »
@Serge, you arrive at the police HQ down town. Your SIN check out (as it is a real SIN) and you are greeted to talk with a middle aged human that everybody refer to as 'captain rob', it does not take a genius to know that it is not about rank. At least not current rank as there is no 'captain' rank in the KE.

He greets you and have a pleasant chit chat about the news, it takes him about 2 minutes to reach the point. "I'll be real with you, I have sources that places you in multiple crime scenes. Your SIN was scanned by one of our flying eyes. But lets be civilized, do you mind telling me where you were yesterday evening say from 18:00 to 1:00 ? "

Sitting calmly, the doctor says plainly, "Not at all. It was a rather harrowing evening. I was just cleaning up the clinic and finishing some paperwork when the oddity of an astrally projecting individual manifests and tells me they were attacked and needed medical assistance. I, of course, set out very quickly to the area so as to get there in time to save their life. I found her and stabilized her, and on returning to my car, was ambushed by a remotely controlled vehicle and pair of drones. The drones started spraying the area with automatic fire, at which point a took cover and covered the injured person with my own body. Admittedly, I did pop off a single shot from my Predator at one of the drones and missed." He takes a breath and continues, "After that, I must have blacked out because I don't remember much else until I woke up back at my clinic."

He quickly raises a finger and says, "I think I do recall someone sending some kind of spirit or something toward the car, but I don't know their name."

[spoiler]
Considering that I'm playing it that our two characters had never met prior, and I never played out an exchange of names, that should be accurate.
[/spoiler]

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <08-26-15/1608:20> »
"I often do, but last night i was filming cats." He says, following her. There was no reason for him to resist arrest, or even questioning. He had undeniable proof of his nonexistence in the events. He just hopes they dont dive too hard as there is a number of hours he filmed of him doing little more than /sleeping/. You never know when somthing amazing will happen after all.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <08-26-15/1630:13> »
@Maxwell - MXN tells you "You can start by telling me who beat you up!"

@Big-guns Captain Rob, listen to what you say making a few notes to himself. He then asks you:
do you have a licence for that Predator ?... and also tell me this: Who was this mage that asked you for help?

@Dan - Stephanie tells you... "Off course you were silly, you are no suspect... they just try to figure out what was yesterday all about. You seem to know more about gangs then most cops do. "

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <08-26-15/1641:22> »
@MXN - Trying to come up with a plausible lie Maxwell says: "This area isn't very safe, especially at night."  "I ran into a couple thugs while coming home and they thought it'd be really funny if I spent the night in a dumpster."  Sinisterly Maxwell smiles and says: "I disagreed."

[spoiler]Con: 4d6t5 1[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <08-26-15/1644:27> by Mulcarn »

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #14 on: <08-26-15/2316:17> »
@Big-guns Captain Rob, listen to what you say making a few notes to himself. He then asks you:
do you have a licence for that Predator ?... and also tell me this: Who was this mage that asked you for help?

"Of course I have a license for my firearm," the doctor replies as he pulls it up to the forefront of his PAN. He looks in thought for a moment before finally saying, "You know, I'm actually embarrassed that I didn't ask her name. That is so unlike me when dealing with women."