NEWS

Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]

• 2279 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2070 on: <03-01-16/0300:44> »
"You should know by now that I don't do things without compensation - one way or another. I'm sure I can get someone to pay a bounty on Grail, but more important, that guy must have massive resources - even if it's only reagents for his magics.

And you are right: I won't become a mafia soldier - nothing against you, but I prefer to work with runners. It's an individualism thing.

Hm, interesting. In that case it would have been nice if Sovereign had called or gave another sign of life. Even a mushroom cloud would have done.

Yeah, I can call Max. But don't expect a positive reaction. She is very hung up on moral principles. Just wait a sec."

Kynos composed a message to Max: <<Hello Max. I was just asked to forward a message to you from Athos. He is a "concerned citizen" and a "family man" who wants to remedy the current situation. He'd like to hire you or at least work with you. Find attached his link code. Love Kynos>>
"Ok, done.

Good, now I'd ask you to ask all your remaining contacts if there is any lead on Grail's hiding place - and also who else is paying bounties on his head."

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2071 on: <03-01-16/0631:08> »
Athos nods.  "Thanks for being honest.  I really did not think you would bite at being a Mafia soldier.  Would you consider being a contractor for difficult projects that I can call on now and again?  And I did not say I know for sure about Sovereign, just that I think I heard something like that.  I will let you know what I am told."

After Kynos places his call to Max, Athos adds, "Thanks for making the call to her.  She might not call me back, but she might if she is hungry enough.  And I will indeed ask around for information on Grail and if there is some sort of bounty on him.  We can help each other out."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2072 on: <03-01-16/0634:36> »
"Sure. Security contracting is what I write on my tax report anyway.
Give me a target and I'll see what I can do about your problems..."

Kynos grinned at that.
talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2073 on: <03-01-16/0652:48> »
Athos smiles back.  "Good.  We have an understanding and I think that we can work together.  I will get back to you on what I find out about Sovereign and anything I can find out about Grail.  That lunatic vampire has got to go.  Maybe the Family or the Yaks would be interested in putting up a bounty.  I will ask."

He looks over at Kynos' half finished plate.  "You not hungry?  This place has good food."

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2074 on: <03-01-16/0706:32> »
"Thanks but I already ate before my previous meeting. I'll get it as takeaway.

Alright. You've got my commcode and I got yours - I actually upgraded my link. Now it's secure enough to be left on - and fast enough that I might even think about playing a bit on the MDK host - provided this crisis gets finished sometime."

Kynos looked a bit pensive before he talked again:
"Are you interested in a discount for my next mission? The Yaks shot my bike out from under me, so now I'm somewhat handicapped in my mobility. If you or your crew happen to find some bike or car you want to flock, I'd happily take it for its retail value."
talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2075 on: <03-01-16/0719:48> »
Athos looks at Kynos then nods.  "I can offer one better.  How about a 10K retainer?  We can discuss other prices when something comes up.  You got something I can transfer the money too?  It might not get a new ride, but there might be some used ones you can get for that."

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2076 on: <03-01-16/0732:28> »
"That sounds lovely.
10k will buy you two months or two missions. As a bonus I'll throw in an assassination of your choice - some terms and conditions may apply.
Used rides are fine - it's not as if I'm planing to keep them around for very long."
talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2077 on: <03-01-16/0921:44> »
Athos transfers the money to Kynos and stands.  "I will be in touch.  And please contact me if you hear anything about Grail.  Enjoy the food.  Can I give you a lift somewhere?" 

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2078 on: <03-01-16/0928:47> »
"Na, it's fine. I'll try to find out more about Sovereigns situation...
Oh wait, there is one thing."

Kynos fished out a small, soft pebble from his pocket.
"Keep this on your person. It's a stealth RFID chip. Press it to activate it. I'm done with hunting for kidnapped chummers.
If I receive the signal I'll start a trace and get you out - all part of the service."
talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2079 on: <03-01-16/0937:17> »
Athos takes the offered tag and places it in his pocket.  Nodding thanks, he leaves the noodle shop and goes off to the warehouse to see what is going on there.  He is hoping that Faith has seen his response and is in a better mood.  He parks the van and goes inside, looking for Faith.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2080 on: <03-01-16/1558:21> »
That done, Kynos left the restaurant, took his bike and pedaled to the Red Hot Nukes base.
Once there, he asked for someone who could teach him the basics of demolitions in an hour or two.
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2081 on: <03-01-16/1710:29> »
@Kynos and Athos  Max thanks Kynos for the reference and texts Athos >> Ask cat to show you the way, he knows where to find me.

@Kynos as you puddle back toward the nukes you can hear cries in the streets people are sick, bleeding unexpectedly. Some people are putting something in the sewers but it does not all stay in there. Some places have broken pipes and missing manholes and the poison escapes. Other than that you can get to the nukes without much problem.

@Athos Nagisa texts back >> Athos honey! Strawberry is not exactly seeing people. We did capture the mage that burned the Joke. I do not know what happened of him, perhaps killed him. Faith is nowhere to be found, Paprika tells you that she run off as soon as she heared what the mayor authorized to do in the sewers. The mood is very bad at the camp and everybody seem to be worried about their colleages and loved ones. "The assholes decided to make the entire under-city toxic as a desperate retaliation against the zombies.  they use toxic and kill indiscriminately instead of sending troops to fight that menace... the mayor will pay for this behavior." She said.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2082 on: <03-02-16/0049:31> »
Athos swears twice; once at Strawberry for being obstinate, and then at the Mayor for being stupid.  How is the gas supposed to kill zombies?  He walks around, making sure that all of his people are accounted for.  It is still early enough that he decides to go see Max.  **Cat, can you guide me to Max, please?  I would like to know if she wants to join me.**

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2083 on: <03-02-16/0523:56> »
After a crash course in demolitions, that consisted mainly of things he should avoid doing,
[spoiler]
I just assume, that someone manages to buy one hit in teaching to reduce the time to zero days.
[/spoiler]
Kynos took some time to think.

From a tactical perspective it would make the most sense to attack Strawberry's territory again and with a lot more force, so he could ensure the quickest release of Sovereign.
The problem was, he didn't know if the mage was still alive. Expending his limited resources for a corpse was unacceptable.
Yet there was no good way for him to gather the necessary intelligence.
Finding Strawberry's rigger might be an avenue to gain that information.
He sighed. Finding people seemed to become a permanent occupation. And all to find the one person he knew who could reliably find people by sending his spirits after them.

He realized that there were still some people he hadn't tapped for information yet.
The first he approached was Gerald:
"Hi, thanks for your hospitality. Count yourself as holding a favor from me. By the way: Do you or anyone from the RHN have any news about where the vampires have their base?"

<<Hello, Balls. How is life for you with the Yaks? Are you all still on watch for the Ginger Elf?
I'm interested in finding the mage with which the whole thing started. Do you know if he is still held captive or if he was killed by now? Also, can you bring me in contact with the rigger that tried to blow me up? I've got a few questions for him and I'd prefer to ask him in a civilized fashion.
It would save us all so much time and pain.
Also: Do the Yakuza have any information on the whereabouts of the vampire Grail? Love Kynos.>>

<<Hello IT. Sorry to disturb you, but I was wondering: Do you have any information on the whereabouts of the Vampire Grail? I'm in the market for bounty hunting him. You have the connections: Is there anyone of his enemies that has put a price on his head?
Likewise I'm looking for Sovereign. Last I heard he was captured by Strawberry. Any Information on that front would be very much appreciated. Love Kynos>>

<<Hello Ryan, how is the fixer life? Just for your information, I've taken a retainer from Athos for the next two months, but I'm still in the market for quick 'n dirty jobs. Also, could you inquire if anyone has posted a bounty on a Vampire called Grail? I'm very much interested in taking him on. It would also be helpful to find out where he is hiding. Love Kynos>>
« Last Edit: <03-02-16/0751:42> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2084 on: <03-02-16/0729:00> »
@Athos Cat say "I can take you to her... I am not sure why I can but I do. She lives at the vault it is an underground complex for paranoid high income people. The place is an old missile silo that was turned into apartment complex."