NEWS

Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]

• 2279 Replies

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #1860 on: <02-02-16/1631:49> »
Maxwell gets down on one knee and anchors himself still with his arms so that he's closer to the pixie when they talk.  His voice is soft and his tone is calm when he asks.  "What do you mean?"
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1861 on: <02-02-16/1725:29> »
@Maxwell the pixie looks at you with suddenly empty eyes, she hugs your hand and cries silently

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #1862 on: <02-02-16/1812:38> »
One can only imagine what it feels like to find out that your whole reason for being was to be another's sustenance.  To not be born but made to be eaten.  Maxwell uses his free hand and gingerly pets the little one's back with his index finger.  Words won't console her right now.  He thinks about taking her to a physician to be looked at and see if she was healthy before he finds a new home for her.  Ivory Tower, the magical medic comes to mind.  She was skilled as both surgeon and mage, if anyone can help a pixie it'd be her.  Plus she might know a way out of a spirit pact too.

Gently he picks Titania up and holds her in both hands in front of him, close to his chest.  Maxwell walks back to Amy and says.  "I need to call another mage friend.  Do you have a commlink I can borrow?  It doesn't need to be expensive, a burner will work."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1863 on: <02-02-16/1842:28> »
@Maxwell Amy pulls out a tray full of comlinks - "help yourself she said. These are basically burner links but with high firewall attribute.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1864 on: <02-02-16/1854:07> »
@Minnie + Edge (?)
You slowly make your way to the airport and the city is dramatically changed after the attacks. You can feel the fear in the streets, the traffic is terrible and it is difficult to move, many neighborhoods sealed off their roads with barricades and armed militia. This dramatically limits your navigation options, but you slowly make your way toward the airport. Stuck in traffic somewhere in down there is a some sort of blockade. Minnie can recognize the bikes - these are Humanis thugs. Going around the barrier may be a significant detour and the thugs seem to be looking for someone, searching cars and so forth. Needless to say that Gi moves around uncomfortably in the car seat "I am not sure we're human enough to go past them" he said.

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #1865 on: <02-02-16/2009:31> »
He sits Titania on his shoulder like a pirate captain would do with a parrot and grabs one of the burners.  Thanking Amy when he does for her aid.  Within seconds he was already activating the comm and changing the settings to his preferences.  Punching in the code to his fake SIN that had all of his contact information.  Still lamenting over how he lost his really nice Erika Elite at the maze party.  When all was ready he composed a message and fired it off.

@Ivory Tower - <<Hey this is Sovereign calling.  I know this is out of the blue but I need your medical and magical expertise at the moment.  I can pay you 3000Y if you're able.  Name the place and i'll meet you there.>>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1866 on: <02-03-16/0304:15> »
@Kynos With a pleasant voice the lady tells you "DemoX... is a name of a shadowrunner isn't it so? You seem to be in the right place. Can I offer you a drink while you wait?"
(Roll perception)

[spoiler]
Perception check: 8d6t5 2
[/spoiler]
Kynos answered suspicious: "What am I waiting for exactly. I am here to speak to DemoX and verify that he is in good health. And I do have a lot of other business to attend today. So I'd be very much obliged if I could get straight answers.
I'll show you how:
I am Kynos, an associate of DemoX. I was told that DemoX is in the care of a certain group whose Leader took residence in Room 1103.
DemoX does have important information in his possession which I need to complete a time critical job. If I am delayed that means the job will go bust and neither I nor DemoX will be paid and consequently everyone else who is owed by DemoX will not be paid.

As for the drink, I took the liberty to bring a little present."

Kynos put the bottle and the two glasses on the table and opened the strong Vodka.
"You don't mind if I smoke?" Kynos took out one of the cigars and lit it carefully, but did not actively smoke. Than he took a cloth, dabbed it with Vodka and began to clean the glasses.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1867 on: <02-03-16/1319:13> »
@Kynos Debora say "You can call me Debbie if you like. I talk fluently 10 languages and am skilled in the etiquette of many cultures. The rest of my friends are at the balcony you can join us. " She downs the vodka in one shot and say " It is not our suite and there are smoke detectors that will get you wet."  Your perception tells you that there are indeed people in the Balcony.

@Maxwell IT texts back >> I have a cooperate job you know, please do not mention details in traceable methods.  Send me a location and I'll visit you in the astral in a minute or so.
Amy said "So where are you living right now? No place for a pixie in your household?"

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1868 on: <02-03-16/1323:43> »
@Minnie + Edge (?)
You slowly make your way to the airport and the city is dramatically changed after the attacks. You can feel the fear in the streets, the traffic is terrible and it is difficult to move, many neighborhoods sealed off their roads with barricades and armed militia. This dramatically limits your navigation options, but you slowly make your way toward the airport. Stuck in traffic somewhere in down there is a some sort of blockade. Minnie can recognize the bikes - these are Humanis thugs. Going around the barrier may be a significant detour and the thugs seem to be looking for someone, searching cars and so forth. Needless to say that Gi moves around uncomfortably in the car seat "I am not sure we're human enough to go past them" he said.

Glancing back, Edge asks, "If time isn't necessarily that much of an issue, we could go around. Good chance it will take much longer, but safety comes first."
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #1869 on: <02-03-16/1424:32> »
Maxwell shrugs.  "Technically i'm homeless again.  My landlord kicked me out of the apartment I was renting from her.  Which is a shame because it was nice place."  He reads the text he received and sits down crisscrossed with his back against a wall.  Typing up a location and sending it to her.

@Ivory Tower - <<Rooftop of the Jackal's Lantern>>

He tilts his head up to Amy saying.  "Meeting somebody in the astral.  I'll tell you all i've been up to these past few days once I get back, I promise."  Maxwell closes his eyes and projects out of his body.  As an apparition he manifests for Amy to see him off before he leaves, smiling slyly right as he goes.  He unmanifests and glides out of the compound to Bellevue.  Unfettered by the restrictions of walls and gravity and the slow downtown traffick.  Arriving at the Jackal's Lantern took no time at all.  He used to frequent this bar when he first came to Seattle.  Clashing with whatever roughneck or ganger that got in his way for sport and practice, usually Halloweeners were his opponents.  Sometimes he would come only for a few drinks then leave.  Tonight would just be for business... and to bring bad news

There he waits at the rooftop, keeping an eye out for other astral forms that might be Ivory Tower.  Flying in circles around the building just because he could.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1870 on: <02-03-16/1714:37> »
Kynos shrugged: "I'm barely fluent in my mother's tongue and etiquette is something I scratch off the side of a fresh bottle of shampoo. So lead on, before it rains."
Kynos packed up the bottles and glasses and followed the lady out on the balcony.
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1871 on: <02-03-16/1909:45> »
@Edge + Minnie Nagisa said "They might get violent, might be able to talk our way out. I can hack their weapons if you are thinking about confrontation."

@Kynos Debbie laughs "I bet you communicate in some other manner than." When you reach the Balcony there are 2 more people one of them you recognize an augmented individual with unrealistic cyber eyes. He shot at you - you shot at him and the only reason he does not recodnize you now is that you were wearing a full body armor. 

Debbie said "this is Kynos he is probably a friend of BB, or he is here to kill us all - at any case he brings some fine booze" She laughs. The augmented man say "Sed" and does not extend his hand. You can feel that he is uncomfortable with your pressence, and can tell that his hand instinctively reached for a gun - but alas he does not have one on him.  He seems nervous and annoyed by your present.

There is another lady in the balcony - a short human or a tall dwarf you are not certain. She is not local and has dark tan skin and curly hair. She is wearing tight clothes that appear to be tailored especially for her measurements. Her clothes elegantly switch colors with shades of orange, red and black that gives the impression that the clothes are on fire. It is quite fascinating to stare but Kynos knows that clothes that can do this are also capable of active camouflage.  She is smoking a huka and is making smoke rings and seems completely at ease with your presence. She passes you the huka and say "call me Ki" Then she asks "are you a friend of BB?"

@Maxwell - The astral seems strange, sticky even and you feel it resisting you as you travel. You still travel at light speed but it seems to make you dizzy and give you a headache. You do not want to move so much and you feel as if something terrible has happened. It did not happen at Bellevue but the ripple effects already effect Bellevue and most of down town - oddly enough the Barrens right now have better astral space.

Few minutes later IT arrives "Maxwell I am glad to hear that you are still alive, I am a bit disapointed that Venom is still breathing tough."

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #1872 on: <02-03-16/2002:27> »
The poisoned astral causes Maxwell to be sickened as he waits.  It's almost as sludgy as Glow City.  Fortunately Ivory Tower finds the place and shows up.  He greets her with his arms crossed, spectral body aflame.  "Aye, it's grand you're around too.  It is not for lack of trying that Venom is still alive.  We nearly had him at the party but someone else on my crew turned on us at the worst possible moment and he was allowed to get away.  With the help of a spirit I tracked him down again.  His death was close at hand, except he fled to the domain of another mage, Strawberry if you know her.  She banished my spirit and tried to possess me with one of hers.  When that didn't work the earth itself split open and tried to kill me.  I escaped that dirt trap by running into her club and there I confronted her."

He becomes madder with what he's about to tell her.  "I ended up confronting a golem, a magical statue made to look like her.  There were some Yakuza soldiers in there as well and they didn't like me for touching their doll so they threatened me too.  I killed all of them and burned that joint down.  The golem reacted to that and knocked me out.  That's not even the bad part."

Maxwell halts his story so IT can absorb all of what he's said.  Patiently waiting for her opinion or questions, before he tells her about his new dark deal.
« Last Edit: <02-03-16/2006:02> by Mulcarn »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1873 on: <02-04-16/0044:35> »
Athos nods and is about to say something else but closes his mouth without saying it.  He knows that words are not his strong suit and that he is likely to worsen his position with Faith by saying more.  He will just have to lead by example and hope that his point comes across.  He thus remains silent for the rest of the walk to where the ghoul doctors live.  He announces them first then leads the way in, explaining that he needs to have the cyber eye analyzed.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1874 on: <02-04-16/0138:34> »
Kynos declines the smokeware, indicating his own cigar:
"Thanks. Well, friend may be a bit much. I am his chummer and he was taken from my team during an active operation. This is not something I take lightly.

So, I'll repeat myself: DemoX is part of an active operation and the opportunity is dwindling rapidly. Therefore I need to see him asap. And since more likely than not the little idiot is owing you lot also, it's probably in your best interest too."

He turned to Sed: "And as I said: I am not in the habit of leaving chummers to their fate without making an effort to bring them to safety."
talk think matrix