NEWS

Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]

• 2279 Replies

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #1770 on: <01-25-16/1852:06> »
His recollection of the surroundings did not fill him with any sort of closure or comfort.  How far had he walked underneath the corroded landscape of Redmond?  "I'm beginning to think that Strawberry lied about what she said about Grail being nearby.  Was she sincere in her apology?  Would she help break the pact?  Maybe I was a fool for believing her.  Going to have to find a new way to sunder this bond.  I'd rather not go mage hunting or align myself with Grail if I can avoid it."

Titania's skepticism jolts him out of his inauspicious thoughts.  He places the dagger he's holding inside his jacket and zips it up.  Maxwell pockets his hands from the cold and says.  "My eyesight's just fine.  Wouldn't be alive today if it wasn't.  We need to be careful, we're in gangland.  This is one of the really bad parts of the barrens.  If we go southwest of here for about an hour we'll reach the town center.  There's a decent hotel to sojourn there for the night."

The two leave the water purification plant, braving the chance encounter of meeting bandit and monster alike.  They travel down the barrens to the Redmond Town Center until they reach their destination or until they come across another obstacle in their path.
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1771 on: <01-25-16/1931:36> »
@Maxwell braving outside of the pipe you can barely climb out of the pool. You are clearly in some fenced structure and have to find some where out  of it. (or cut the fence) Maxwell can hear the sound of electricity as it hams - the fence is electrocuted. (If you have some security knowledge you may know what kind of fence it is.) However, if the fence still works then somebody have gone into a lot of effort to keep people out of this perimeter - and this may mean additional security.

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #1772 on: <01-25-16/2012:48> »
Maxwell laments in frustration over this unforeseen hurdle.  If he was in better condition then he'd melt the fence into slag and whomever else was in his way.  Since there was no better alternative, he'd have to go inside the dilapidated station and cross his fingers for the best.  Cautiously, Maxwell stalks toward the building.  He scans for a way inside, a door or hole of some sort.

[spoiler]Perception: 7d6t5 3[/spoiler]
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1773 on: <01-26-16/0032:46> »
**So, basically I have to contact Officer Max to get the information I need, but contacting her will likely alert her to you and she will kill you or command you to control me.  Great.  So no change from right now.  I wonder why I should expect anything else?  OK, thank you for your insight.  I do appreciate it and I will not be calling Max  Have you had a chance to think about my other question?  About letting another programmer see if he can change you so as not to be vulnerable to Max?  Give it some thought as we ride back home.**

Athos flags down a cab that will get him as close as possible to the warehouse, then hoofs it from there.  After arriving, he looks for Faith and Bruno to get updates.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1774 on: <01-26-16/0246:36> »
@Maxwell the place seems quiet and non intimidating, you'd expect gang signs bikers but it seems that the fence keeps all these things on the other side. As you move toward the building you quickly find the main door with an intercom and no visible method of opening it.

@Athos cat says "I cannot control you if I wanted. I am not sure what deckers would be able to do to me - anything in the long run I assume... I am artificial as if created by people, but I do not think that it is a simple task, how patient are you to that?"

when you arrive to the warehouse it is a crude shelter, some sort of a cave. It is cold and there is no electricity or heating but with campfires it is livable and it protects from the wind. The families at the camp seem discontent at the new situation but most of them are busy with their own. Faith is nowhere in the camp - "She had to go there was some problem in the sewers - she is now in there trying to find her missing men." Say Bruno as you encounter him and adds "I was going to call it a night myself... this is quite a feat any idea what you are going to do with all these people?"

« Last Edit: <01-26-16/0248:12> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1775 on: <01-26-16/0504:54> »
Without undue haste, Kynos circled back to the window he had opened. To climb in he shouldered the rifle in its sling and instead drew his taser.
Making sure that no one was currently using the toilette, he entered the room again and listened on the door.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1776 on: <01-26-16/0509:15> »
@Kynos when you return to the warehouse it is silent, it seem to have been left in haste. At least you do not year any talking or sounds on the other side of the door.
« Last Edit: <01-26-16/0517:34> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1777 on: <01-26-16/0523:16> »
Kynos carefully opened the door a bit to look inside.
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1778 on: <01-26-16/0538:10> »
@Kynos - The guard that was shoot is still there, the doors are now closed and he is currently receiving treatment by a small auto-doc drone.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1779 on: <01-26-16/0546:06> »
Kynos stashed the taser, drew his rifle and shot the man with a short volley to the head
[spoiler]
Brain Blaster: 14d6t5 5[14d6t5=5, 2, 2, 4, 6, 3, 6, 1, 6, 6, 3, 3, 1, 1]
6 Shots
14 P AP 2

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1780 on: <01-26-16/0614:02> »
@Kynos his head makes a mess on the floor.
Chaos: 12d6t5 4

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1781 on: <01-26-16/0625:22> »
Kynos walked carefully into the room to see if anything valuable or traps have been left behind. When he was sure that it was safe, he approached the corps and began to loot, taking the man's weapon, ammunition, armor and other gear and making a bundle of it from the man's jacket.

When he was done, he looked outside, trying to find out what had become of the Yakuza car.
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1782 on: <01-26-16/0644:01> »
@Kynos the warehouse has spare parts for food processors, but on the guard you find a transys avalon comlink, five throwing knifes, a combat knife five flash bang grendades and three high explosive grenades. he was wearing a leather jacket and a helmet and a credstick with 250 nuyen.  There is also an area jammier R4 that was left in the room as it is quite big and they left in a hurry.  The main doors are locked from the outside but you can get out the way you came (or work your way through the main door)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1783 on: <01-26-16/0701:41> »
Kynos left the way he came after pocketing the man's gear. He returned to the front of the warehouse to look for the car, or any signs where it went - hopefully some kind of break- or engine fluid or oil would be leaving a trail.

He called Gerald: <<I went to the meet. Your source neglected to mention that the buyers would be some kind of elite outfit. Some Fragger send about 120 NY worth of APDS ammunition in my direction. The whole thing was a setup for the Yaks, don't know if there actually was any money on the premises. The mercenaries are gone now, but I have the commlink of one of them, maybe one of your guys can find something out.
I'm still trying to find DemoX. Will call again if I have him or some other news.>>
« Last Edit: <01-26-16/0706:31> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1784 on: <01-26-16/1012:11> »
Athos grins, although he knows the AI cannot see it.  "You and I are together for the long haul, Cat.  I will try to get you a body, but you will have to be patient for that, especially since I have no fragging idea how to do that."

He slaps Bruno on the back and says, "You did good today, Bruno.  Thanks a lot.  And what you are looking at is the core of a new Mafia.  A new Family.  Out there, Seattle is changing and we are changing with it.  Dona Valentina will come to accept that, if she is smart.  And no one ever called her stupid and lived to say it twice.  Go get some rest.  I am going to see if I can help Faith.  After all, who would trust a boss that can't get his hands dirty?"

Athos walks about, looking for someone to tell him how to get to Faith and then heads off to the sewers to find her, making sre that he has his new assault rifle with him.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>