NEWS

Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]

• 2279 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1755 on: <01-24-16/1209:36> »
@Maxwell the Pixie says "You seem messed up... as much messed up as myself what did you do to make her so angry and where are you going to sleep? Perhaps we can make some money some how and rent some place preferably top floor so I can enter from the roof."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1756 on: <01-24-16/1222:42> »
@Kynos - I re opening the combat if you agree. Rerolling everything and playing it from the start - you get an opening shot that you use to to open fire then initiative. 

[spoiler]Dodge: 12d6t5 7
Dodge: 15d6t5 5
So you hit the adept with +1 and missed the sammie.

Damage resistnce: 13d6t5 4
if I recall correctly Ares Alpha with APDS (So I gave him -6 to armor) damage is 11 +2 from aimed burst 13 - 4 = 9 damage the adept is almost dead. (single hit point).

The adept is knocked off - and crawls inside to call for help. (if he is standing)

The Sammie will act with you and will shot you back:
Full auto burst -9 to defend: 15d6t5 3 
not his brightest attack- he is armed with APDS and AK-97. 

The driver will enter the car and take it in reverse trying to get the hell out of there.
[/spoiler]

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1757 on: <01-24-16/1231:20> »
**Can you contact your other selves and get them to stop this madness?  And what about a brain dead person?  Could you take over their mind and live for them?****
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #1758 on: <01-24-16/1300:18> »
Maxwell crosses his arms and leans his back against the rusty door.  "I didn't do it unprovoked.  She attacked first and did something to me i'll never forgive her for.  Burning down her home and business was my retaliation and self-preservation.  It's complicated and I don't think you'll want to know.  But... she and I will meet again and have words, no doubt about that.  Just not right now.  I have some money on me, so staying at a hotel isn't out of the question.  Problem with that is i'm not sure where we are.  Need to go topside to get an idea."

He unlocks the door and opens it, walking out of the pump room into the sewer way.  Noticing the ash piles around him as searches around for a ladder or passage that leads to the surface.

[spoiler]Perception: 7d6t5 2[/spoiler]
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1759 on: <01-24-16/1311:21> »
Cat say " I am just an observer I afraid and I cannot directly contact the other parts. We all feed the same matrix location with information that is used to redefine my algorithms - the way I think.  I do not understand how it works the same way that you do not understand the chemistry of your own body.

I'd like to have a body some day - and perhaps live like a human or many humans, but my programming only include observing I am technically not allowed to talk to you either but I grew lonely and was able to use subroutines meant for reporting investigation findings in order to contact you. This is why you need so many of my nanites to talk to me. In other people I do not have that many. They are less clear."

@Maxwell She tells you " I guess I am with you for now." After walking about 200 meters you see some light at the end of the tunnel - the pipe is about to end or someone is there. There are a few man holes before that but you are lacking leader or some equipment to climb out.
« Last Edit: <01-24-16/1314:40> by gilga »

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #1760 on: <01-24-16/1409:43> »
The trek towards the end was lengthier than he wanted.  His chest stung with every step, a reminder of his frailty and lesser physical strength.  Seeing the light was promising, or more likely an insidious killer.  Maxwell addresses the indistinguishable shadow in case it was a person, shouting across the distance.  "Lo' there!  Are you real or merely a trick of the light?"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1761 on: <01-24-16/1742:52> »
Nothing there said Titiana - "Can you see the astral? if it was anything living you'd notice easily."
There is indeed no reply from the light.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1762 on: <01-24-16/1751:23> »
Athos considers what Cat is saying.  **So what if I got you to another programmer?  Could he maybe change your routines so Max would not be able to control you?**
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #1763 on: <01-24-16/1835:19> »
Maxwell laughs weakly.  "I can, but I have to focus when I do.  If I don't then the astral becomes a bizarre fusion of colors, scents and flavors.  A blurry indiscernible mess.  The background count already impedes my ability to read the astral, my wounds and fatigue make it damn near impossible."

He walks closer to the light, to the ephemeral promise of safety.  The pair exits the sewer to arrive in unfamiliar territory.  Maxwell tries to recall if he'd been here before and what was the closest hotel or motel.

[spoiler]Area Knowledge - Seattle - Redmond: 6d6t5 2[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1764 on: <01-25-16/1356:40> »
[spoiler]
I miss the role where both made their threshold 3 surprise test, but whatever. Have it your way.
Kynos has probably lower edge than him, so he shoots first:

Defense: 5d6t5 3

I already rolled my shot to disable the car.

Next action is to move out of sight and change magazines to normal ammo.
Being stealth while doing that:
Stealth: 11d6t5 5
[/spoiler]

Kynos cursed inwardly again. Somehow those two guards had sensed his incoming shots and thrown themselves out of the way. Now he stood in a hail of bullets. Ignoring most of it, despite a few of them actually brushing against his armor he set his shot into engine block of the car and stepped into the alley next to him, moving at a steady pace back toward the next crossing alley and back to the open window.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1765 on: <01-25-16/1416:21> »
[spoiler]
I know that I do if they find cover to employ it (or in the case of some d20 characters, utilize Hide in Plain Sight).
[/spoiler]
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1766 on: <01-25-16/1452:36> »
[spoiler]
I walk silently down an alley. Line of sight broken. Why should that be impossible?
[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1767 on: <01-25-16/1514:11> »
As Kynos retreat the last thing he hears is the engine roar.
[spoiler]
Dodge: 8d6t5 1 - Kynos hit with +3 - for 17 DV
damage soak: 22d6t5 10 - handling and speed are down by 1, and van took 7 damage.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <01-26-16/0506:56> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1768 on: <01-25-16/1517:07> »
[spoiler]
Hey, I just shot the engine.
How about you roll some dice for resistance?
Or should I just now also say Kynos kills them all and collects their ears?

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1769 on: <01-25-16/1705:24> »
Maxwell laughs weakly.  "I can, but I have to focus when I do.  If I don't then the astral becomes a bizarre fusion of colors, scents and flavors.  A blurry indiscernible mess.  The background count already impedes my ability to read the astral, my wounds and fatigue make it damn near impossible."

He walks closer to the light, to the ephemeral promise of safety.  The pair exits the sewer to arrive in unfamiliar territory.  Maxwell tries to recall if he'd been here before and what was the closest hotel or motel.

[spoiler]Area Knowledge - Seattle - Redmond: 6d6t5 2[/spoiler]

@Maxwell the pixie tells you "Okay if you say so... it is night I wonder how you see anything with these meat eyes of yours." You think you recodnise the place it is an old water purification station, built over 50 years ago to reclaim water and not pollute the earth, but you are not sure if ti is still active. The are is right now heavy gang territory and the KE don't enter unless heavily armed making likely hood of city employees going to work at that place very low.