NEWS

Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]

• 2279 Replies

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #1695 on: <01-17-16/1127:37> »
<<At coordinates now. Waiting in the silver Hyundai Shin-Hyung with twin blue stripes down the side.>>

The message flashes across my glasses and I forward it to Nagisa.  It takes me less than a second to recognise the car and the single occupant nearby.  I make eye contact and nod just as Nagisa makes the same connection beside me.  I make my way casually to the car, wondering what kind of man this will be.  My tail does its back and forth in countersync to my hips and I smile pleasantly.  It's all subconscious; I can't help it when meeting a new person.

[spoiler] I'll roll seduction when i'm at my main PC.  Can't get to Orokos here.

Seduction: 12d6t5 5

Gil rolled for me.  Five hits.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <01-17-16/1153:29> by Shaman_Yuri »

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1696 on: <01-17-16/1133:17> »
Lowering the window slightly as the woman approaches, his eyes briefly following the sway of her hips, but his loyalty to his fiancee remains firm. He says, "I'm supposed to meet someone here. Are you that person? If so, please say the last two messages I transmitted to the comm code I was given. Oh, and I'm flattered by the attention, but I'm taken and I don't cheat. Trust me, were I single, I'd jump at the chance, but I don't want to mess that up."
« Last Edit: <01-17-16/1231:55> by All4BigGuns »
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1697 on: <01-17-16/1216:33> »
@Kynos
Gerld tells you - I have a suspicion who took DemoX - I think these are the Yaks, Mr. Andu's branch. My contact in their organization admitted of having him but did not admit or deny 'taking him'. When I asked him how they got him he said that "It's complicated" - about your mystery rigger I have no idea, try to mark one of his drones with a stealth tag next time you see him. There is a big prize on DemoX - 30k offered anonymously on shadow grid - I suspect that the Yaks are going to sell him to that anonymous buyer, I may have heads up from my contact but it may require some serious convincing.

The castle has a small medical facility with high end autodoc and nurse drones. Gerald shows you in and a skinny woman Introduces herself "I am Jess, the mechanic - I keep this place running." She is clearly not one of the nukes - she talk differently and perhaps have even been to collage.

You are welcome to stay as much as you need, the drones are a bit glitchy but I keep them functional with the parts I have.

Kynos replied: "DemoX has his faults - but I've invested too much in the little troublemaker to let him buy the farm like that. Also it's bad for my reputation. So tell me when you know where he is or will be, I'll take care of the extraction.

If I could reach the flying drones with a stealth tag I wouldn't need a decker to find him. I or rather my commlink has seen their signature in the matrix. I want someone to do a matrix search to find them, hack them and put a trace to find their home base.
If you or your guys can't do it that's fine, I'll have to do that the hard way. But I'd offer 2k if one of your hackers can do it. Thanks anyway."

In the sick bay, Kynos nodded to the technician and began to disrobe: "That will do. It's not so bad, just a bit to much juice, grenades and a motorcycle crash. Nothing that a bit of rest can't cure.
Hi Jess, do me a favor and keep me alive. I've still got a few people to find and assholes to geek."

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1698 on: <01-17-16/1351:16> »
@Minnie Nagisa texts you >> "You succubus, want to bed him too?"  with a smile face.
@Edge + Minnie Nagisa enters the car and say "I am Nagisa, nice to meet you. We're to deliver a person to the airport an hot person... she knows more than the rest of us. They were fired upon earlier today, need to do so before dark as there is a powerful vampire on his six - oh and the city is crawling with zombies by night - but I am sure you knew that already. "

@Kynos Gerald say you do not give me much to work with "can I interest you with a drone that should do the trick should you encounter these rotodrones again? I'll let you know when the extraction is - it'll take 5k to bribe him  - it is a good deal as this is how much he expect to make on the sale.  How about we split it in half? 2500 each?"

@Maxwell A voice say "They are after me, you can relax" and then you can see that there is a little pixie flying around nervously in the pump side. She is barely visible and once you do not pay attention you cannot sense her as her skin seem to adjust itself to the colors of the environment.

@Athos Lora arrives and tells Winter "Do you mind releasing my boyfriend... I want to dance" He does not seem to recognize her and say sure, "Was nice meeting you, Athos" he orders another glass of expensive whiskey and Lora drags you to the dance floor. "Do you remember some of the moves I thought you last time?" she asks. 
« Last Edit: <01-17-16/1356:12> by gilga »

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1699 on: <01-17-16/1410:03> »
@Edge + Minnie Nagisa enters the car and say "I am Nagisa, nice to meet you. We're to deliver a person to the airport an hot person... she knows more than the rest of us. They were fired upon earlier today, need to do so before dark as there is a powerful vampire on his six - oh and the city is crawling with zombies by night - but I am sure you knew that already. "

"I just got back into town, but I believe I saw some news reports along those lines," Edge says, "Either way, if whichever of you who can will tell me where to get this person so that we can get him or her to SeaTac, that would be necessary information."
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1700 on: <01-17-16/1428:34> »
"Breaking bank here, but yes - deal." Kynos reclined on the bed and removed his boxer shorts.
A glance down revealed that his body was one giant hematoma - the Kamikaze had worsened it through its blood thinning effect. That and the stimulant that had allowed him to move unimpeded and consequently worsened the damage.
With a detached curiosity he realized that his balls had swollen to twice their normal size - courtesy of him colliding with the gas tank of his bike when those bastard disintegrated his front wheel.
The cuts on his arm that he gave himself every morning shone prominent through their scar tissue.

"I won't need the drone. But I'd be very much obliged if you could scrounge up a few Tracker rounds for an assault rifle or a heavy pistol. That should do fine as well."
talk think matrix

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #1701 on: <01-17-16/1434:24> »
Maxwell can barely make out the camouflaged pixie.  He had heard of such beings existing but only in stories passed around in bars.  Never would he had imagined that he'd find an actual pixie in the sewers of Seattle.  Life's full of mysteries it seems.  He whispers back to her.  "I'm sorry to hear that little one.  If I was at full strength then i'd deal with them.  Why are you hiding out in the sewers of all places?"
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1702 on: <01-17-16/1726:58> »
Athos lets Lora drag him to the floor, where he tries to remember the dance steps.  Sadly, he is only partially successful and has to apologize to Lora for almost mashing her feet a couple of times.  He manages to ask, "When are you leaving and will you be back?  I could really use you around in my life.  Is there anything I can do or say to get you to stay?  There is going to be a new order here, something better than it was.  It will start small, but I will expand as I can, slowly at first, but it will happen.  I have believers behind me and others on the fence waiting to see if I fall on my ass or succeed.  I cannot employ you for what you are worth, hell, I cannot even pay myself what I am worth, but you could have a home here.  With me."
« Last Edit: <01-17-16/2359:37> by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1703 on: <01-18-16/0255:07> »
@Edge + Minnie Nagisa said" he is waiting for us in the brothel, nobody there would remember him they are all far gone to BTL. We thought about stealing a garbage truck thinking it'll go unnoticed in the streets given their state... Minnie and the mark were to cuddle under the garbage for safety..."

"You are going to smell girlfriend"
she said to Minnie with a devious smile.

@Maxwell The Pixie say "I was brought illegally to Seattle, these smugglers deliver me like that. I think they are going to deliver me to an exotic animal collection of some rich dude -  mr. Ambassador I think was his name. It is unfortunate that you do not have your strength - they saw you enter here and they thought they saw me. The irony..." she sobs.

@Gerald answers "Well if you are as tough as they say, you might end up ahead - as the payment of 30k should arrive as well if you can secure it."

@Athos Lora say "I am taking Winter to meet his benefactor, this concludes my adventures in this city, I might be back if it is safe for me. This entire chaos  was mainly to get Winter to lose his job and now I can reliably extract him.

I am a professional, living big and wandering around - I will be a liability to you. Perhaps you can come with me tough... I get the most lucrative jobs and I got some nice wheels. "

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1704 on: <01-18-16/0701:47> »
"Nice. If I get the cash stash I'll compensate you.

Ok Jess, you've got the technology - rebuild me."

Kynos showed a rare smile.
talk think matrix

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #1705 on: <01-18-16/0753:49> »
Maxwell bows his head ever so slightly as he ponders the pixie's story.  What she described was not impossible.  Often there had been times in his newly awakened past where the threat of being captured or sold would come up.  Or the threat of being burned at the stake depending on which hyper-superstitious community he was passing through.  Horrific visions of her being toyed with and mutilated play in his mind.  What need would she have for her wings if she's just going to be some caged songbird?

He lifts his head up and whispers to her grimly.  "Listen, that's not going to happen.  I may be in a weakened state but I can still handle them.  The moment that door opens they will all die.  What i'm about to do will leave me unconscious or may even kill me, I don't know.  My only request is that if I survive then could you find someone for me?"

Before waiting for her response he moves and gets in position.  His back against the wall facing the door.  Intently watching it so that when it does open he'll be ready.  He reaches into his jacket pocket and pulls out a handful of reagents.  All prepared for his ambush tactic.
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1706 on: <01-18-16/0939:15> »
Athos grimaces and shakes his head.  "So you cannot stay and I cannot go.  Story of my life.  I find a woman that interests me a whole lot; someone I really enjoy being with, and she is either not interested, unavailable, or just plain going away.  I must be doomed to a life alone. But I do understand that you feel you cannot stay, but wanted to at least ask if you would.  I hope that you someday find a place to settle down.  I have.  There are people that are counting on me here.  Not many, but more than one.  I cannot let them down after promising them a new life.  I will miss you."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #1707 on: <01-18-16/1753:33> »
"You are going to smell girlfriend," Nagisa says with a devious smile.

"Better that than rot," I retort with a stuck out tongue.  "If y'all have any better ideas I'm all ears.  We don't have much time, though, We need him in the air before twilight."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1708 on: <01-19-16/0237:28> »
@Maxwell the knocks on the door become louder, they want to ram it down with some object. You barely hear the pixie's little voice when she say "deal... Thank you kind stranger"   (you can skip to the moment where the door breaks down few minutes later)

@Athos Lora said "Look, we had some good time together... Shadowrunners should not have dependents it slows you down, makes you weak and give you pressure points, one of these days these people that care about you they will bring your downfall, we live and die by the sword what's important is to use what we have.  You can't change me, I am bad news."

@Kynos Jess set up the robots to take care of you in the castle, even with modern medicine you need some days of rest, but two hours later Gerld gives you an address a bridge in the industrial part of the city to the south. "This is where they are going to make the drop at 6:00... it probably means that they are already in position as traveling with cars at night is not advisable."

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1709 on: <01-19-16/0301:16> »
"Well than, it seems like I should get there as well - I'll come back for the rest of the treatment later.
I'll need some way to transport DemoX. Do you have an old two seater or some other car I could borrow?"

Kynos rose from the recliner and started to put on his pants again.

talk think matrix