NEWS

Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]

• 2279 Replies

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #1650 on: <01-11-16/1905:55> »
Again the sound of her voice cradled Maxwell.  He felt Strawberry's spoken words safeguard him, but in a way that didn't truly relieve him.  How easy would it be to embrace these feelings, to embrace this unnatural peace.  The things she said were already playing back to him.  He could still see the knife and knew that despite what he's experiencing, it couldn't be more than a game or tool to use against him.  Still, he thought he should explain himself to help her understand.  Maxwell moans softly and tries to shock himself out of Strawberry's forced tranquility.

"Thank you for the kind word but I find it strange that you compliment my talent while complaining about my lack of knowledge.  Sure, I most likely need to brush up on my hermeticism and esoteric arcana later.  Does that really mean i'm making it up though?  In a sense all magicians kinda make it up.  They find what works best for them and build upon that.  As long as there's some basic framework then all it takes is the strength to wield it, the mind to learn it.  It's in that marriage of power and the will to use it that you'll find me in.  Perhaps you could call it an unholy bastardization of magic, but i'd say you're just being cynical."

He laughs to himself slightly as if he's privy to a joke that she isn't.  "I guess that didn't really answer your questions."  He struggles somewhat against his bindings and tries to become more fervent.  The effort was futile for he couldn't talk back as commanding as he hoped.  "I would say greed was my main motivation but that'd be a cop-out answer.  I wanted to kill him simply because i'd enjoy seeing his bones char to black.  It could be said that I have more reasons than that and it would be true.  Just at my core I wanted to slaughter him for the swine he is."

"As to why I torched your bar and roasted those thugs.  Well... I don't enjoy being possessed and attacked afterwards.  Considering that I never tried to harm you.  Was mostly self-defense anyway.  Don't get me wrong, I liked my new place and it was a decent job."

Maxwell pauses momentarily as he considers her last question.  "Can it even be said that I betrayed you when I was nothing more than a pawn in your game?"
« Last Edit: <01-11-16/1913:20> by Mulcarn »
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1651 on: <01-12-16/0314:10> »
@Minnie Nagisa says "I have access to the gardens, this is part of why I see Strawberry so much. I spend most of my free time in there Strawberry keeps it pleasant despite the weather.
This is actually part of the problem as, she is there most of the time studying and I am there most of the time to get some fresh air... or at least that is what I tell myself. Care to come with me for a few minutes?"

@Maxwell Strawberry say "So you wanted to kill him and just did despite accepting a contract to deliver him to the airport? Then when I try to subdo you to prevent you from a deed of anger you burn my pub and kill eight people? If I wanted to kill you I had significantly darker methods to do so - poison for instance. You were never at any danger - who am I speaking to now? Are you yourself?"
« Last Edit: <01-12-16/0442:40> by gilga »

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #1652 on: <01-12-16/0416:29> »
He chuckles darkly at her question.  A sly grin pulls across his lips forming a twisted smile.  His smile breaks when he sees her frustration and looks away.  He turns back to her with some sympathy to her pained confusion.  "It's me alright.  Hard to impersonate a devil like myself.  Those in the shadows know me as the moniker Sovereign.  My actual name is Maxwell Rhodes.  Call me what you will."

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #1653 on: <01-12-16/0805:06> »
"I have access to the gardens, this is part of why I see Strawberry so much. I spend most of my free time in there Strawberry keeps it pleasant despite the weather. This is actually part of the problem as, she is there most of the time studying and I am there most of the time to get some fresh air... or at least that is what I tell myself. Care to come with me for a few minutes?"

The gardens?  Huh.  Strawberry never fails to surprise.  Just how big is this place?  Big enough to grow all the food, I suppose.

"A few minutes is all I have, but sure.  Anywhere is as good as anywhere to plan things out.  And I'd love to see your new haunt.  Oh, and I just got a strange text.  I'm wondering if it's Strawberry's friend, but he doesn't identify himself."

I share the text with Nagi as we walk.

<<Will be en route to GPS coordinates shortly. Just stopping for a bite to eat while I'm on Council Island.>>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1654 on: <01-12-16/0816:59> »
@Edge you make it quite far almost to the place, you are about 2 kilometers from the Joke when you encounter a Blockade manned by several orcs and trolls that dress alike they all have red bandanna's probably a gang.  (Knowledge check can tell you more).

Their leader is a big troll with bad attitude yells at you. "Hey pretty boy - you got to enter our hood you got to pay our price!   200 nuyen per car and you got to be out by nightfall for your own protection. Is that clear pretty boy! "

They are openly armed with assault rifles and some even have illegal grenade launchers. Their blockade is somewhat improvised and it is possible to drive through it tough with this kind of firepower might be cheaper to pay them.

@Maxwell Strawberry say " I am just Strawberry, I don't remember much about my given or family name. Max - I will not let you go before Venom is safe and secure - I need him alive and you are too volatile.
You also cannot stay here, you are no longer welcome in my domain.
That said, there is something I want from you, that spirit  I banished, it was unlike any other I have encountered and I've met quite a few mages before. I want one just like it under my control. With what's to come, I might need the fire power."

« Last Edit: <01-12-16/0821:59> by gilga »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1655 on: <01-12-16/0835:59> »
@Minnie Nagisa sees the message and say cheerfully "Try not to bed him as well... unless he's hot. Strawberry mentioned him awakened security. " She grab your hand and leads you underground and as you go there is a small elevator that leads to a walled space above ground, it  a garden that is filled with large white flowers that seem to welcome and lean toward you as you enter. The smell is intoxicating, everything is carefully planned in this place.
In the middle there is a large tree and a pond and in one of the corrners there is a work area filled with arcane books, but Nagisa takes you to a small bench by the pond. "A piece of paradise  - and Strawberry is gone for a few hours doing magic stuff so we have it all to ourselves....I know that it is not actually outside, but this is as good as it gets for me." Said Nagisa. Nagisa then embraces and passionately kiss you. You don't want that kiss to ever end. Somehow it does end and as your lips separate she Whispers... "I missed you so much" .

The smells, the natural beauty and the kisses -  they raise emotions physical emotions that are difficult to resist and the white flower grooves they seem aware to you two, as if they are happy that you are there. For a brief moment there is nothing more you want to do but to stay in this small hidden garden and forget everything about the outside world.
« Last Edit: <01-12-16/0843:23> by gilga »

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #1656 on: <01-12-16/0945:38> »
Maxwell takes in what she says about her not remembering much about who she really is or who she used to be.  He recalls M saying that Strawberry isn't the most stable person and that she has no idea what her true intentions are.  It was hard to think given his current condition.  Thought processes were slow and he was still under her mercy to boot.  After several minute he says back to her in an almost nice way of speaking, nice for him that is.  "I see, that must be hard to not know who you used to be.  Name and clan lost to time.  Have you tried asking M about this?  Maybe she remembers what you can't.  I guess that's a dumb question.  She probably doesn't know either."

The rest of what Strawberry said had begun to sink in.  Her request was something that filled him with concern and a tinge of annoyance.  This was the reason why she hasn't slit his throat yet.  She wanted his help in doing something she could not.  Maxwell sighs before saying.  "I'm not sure you fully grasp what you're asking of me.  If you try to summon or bind a spirit greater than yourself then it's tantamount to suicide.  Even if I were to conjure another like that, I doubt you could control it.  I'm not going to help you kill yourself.  By the way... you never did tell me what the knife was for."

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1657 on: <01-12-16/1045:15> »
[Removed to move and incorporate roll]
« Last Edit: <01-12-16/1511:15> by All4BigGuns »
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1658 on: <01-12-16/1213:00> »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1659 on: <01-12-16/1508:50> »
@Maxwell
About the spirit Strawberry explains - "If you don't mind to summon it and transfer the services to me - it would be great. I might need a powerful spirit soon with what I am about to do."

Strawberry said " It was my choice and I made sure M can never tell me. I choice to forget things and to move on. To protect myself - things without a name cannot be easily targeted. So, I really don't remember much I must have had a good reason for that.

The dagger is for you, how else are you going to sacrifice innocent mages to ant spirits? You have to be careful with these tough, every time you serve them they will give you more power but they will also limit your freedom to control your actions." 

She look distant for a minute, as if she is wondering how does she know that. "If you are going to practice Blood magic, you might as well have the appropriate dagger, perhaps the ants will let you live for longer."

« Last Edit: <01-12-16/1513:42> by gilga »

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1660 on: <01-12-16/1512:50> »
@Edge you make it quite far almost to the place, you are about 2 kilometers from the Joke when you encounter a Blockade manned by several orcs and trolls that dress alike they all have red bandanna's probably a gang.  (Knowledge check can tell you more).

Their leader is a big troll with bad attitude yells at you. "Hey pretty boy - you got to enter our hood you got to pay our price!   200 nuyen per car and you got to be out by nightfall for your own protection. Is that clear pretty boy! "

They are openly armed with assault rifles and some even have illegal grenade launchers. Their blockade is somewhat improvised and it is possible to drive through it tough with this kind of firepower might be cheaper to pay them.

Being in rather a hurry, Edge keeps driving up to the edge of the blockade where he comes to a stop tossing a low-grade credit stick to the speaker Troll as he passes by.

[spoiler]
Rolls: 4 - 1 - 6 - 2 - 5 - 3 - 1

Not enough 1s for a glitch, thank God, but did manage 2 hits on the Street Gangs knowledge skill.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <01-12-16/1537:26> by All4BigGuns »
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1661 on: <01-12-16/1534:19> »
@Edge these are the Crimson Crush a mostly orc gang that resides south of here. They are out of their home truf - this area is Yakuza affiliated.
The troll accepts payment and let you pass.
(You sort of need to stop otherwise I'll skip to combat because they can't talk to you if you drive through their blokade like a nova hot rigger.)

Your way is open, you are told to wait for pickup by an old church that is also a massage spa called 'the hand of god'. Massage spa is of course a washed name for a brothel, especially in the Barrens.
« Last Edit: <01-12-16/1539:51> by gilga »

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #1662 on: <01-12-16/1754:33> »
I know I don't have much time, but I owe Nagisa this.  She's been through Hell because of me, and because of who I am I even deny her the security of a monogamous relationship.  I put everything I am into the fleeting moments.  Maybe half an hour later we come up for air.  "I'm sorry, Nagi, but if I don't get going I may not make it to the airport in time. I think you know more than I do about what that would mean."

The two of us leave hand-in-hand from the garden.  "Do you know the flight details for Gi, or should I be asking Jack or M?  I asked for it to be before sundown, and that may not leave me much time.  I also need to know where this awakened helper will be meeting me.  I need to then find Gi and put out the trash."  I smirk at my own joke.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1663 on: <01-12-16/1803:28> »
@Minnie Nagisa says - "Yes I know save the world and steal trucks." she then is all business again the lady you grew to know and love. "He should wait by that sleazy brothel/abandoned church The hands of God...  I tell you what, you open the control box of the truck and place this cheap. I'll hack it from there and can even drive you. "
(OOC: You have his comlink by the way - he texted you already.) 

She tells you "I'll be in the control booth monitoring drone feeds, they got this huge satellite dish and that mean that I can spike the crap out of any icon that attempts to mess with your lady parts. How are your hardware skills ? can you get the control box open or should I come with you? " .

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #1664 on: <01-12-16/1817:10> »
His blood begins to chill as she explains the nature of the dagger and intricacies of his deal.  For a very brief moment, the safety of her voice is broken and he felt genuine distress again like when they met for the first time.  He was definitely awake now, still tired and wounded but awake.  New queries burn within him.  Maxwell's expression became a fusion of perplexment, sternness and an unnatural calm. 

"You... you knew about that?  How did you know?  Why do you know about that?  Does that mean you were watching me the entire time or did you send me there knowing full well what I was going to encounter?"

His breathing becomes heavier as anger festers in his heart.  The conflux of emotions he is feeling is indescribable at the notion that he's in a spirit pact with insect spirits.  No wonder they made me damned uncomfortable.  And I don't serve them because I want to!  I don't even serve them!  I serve no one but myself!"

Maxwell calms down again after his outburst and continues on.  "If you knew this entire time then why didn't you kill me?  If I could break the pact and kill every single one of them then I would do it without a second thought.  Damnation none of this makes any sense."