NEWS

Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]

• 2279 Replies

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #1545 on: <12-26-15/1117:38> »
The rocking of the boat shook him awake.  He gets up to see why it feels like he's out in middle of the ocean.  To his shock he finds himself not within the burning rubble of the Joke but lost at sea.  Maxwell looks far in every direction but can only see endless water.  Something else, his body seems to be one with the flames.  He's not in agony from the fire but instead feels warmth, power and pride.  Holding out his hands in front of him he starts speaking to himself with a joyful smile on his face.  "I remember when I first awakened that I was fascinated by pyromancy.  By it's allure and strength.  I delved into the art of fire magic to gain mastery over it's secrets and power.  No surprise that I became closer to the element as a result."

Seeing the sharks out of the corner of his eyes broke his nostalgia.  These sharks were intruders to him, alien and unwanted.  He wanted to burn and destroy them but was uncertain as to how exactly.  If he was made of fire then the water would extinguish him if he got out of the boat.  But giving the sharks free roam would be equally bad.  They posed a threat to himself and they needed to be dealt with.  But how he wonders?

Perhaps the answer isn't as complicated as he thought.  He's a fire mage after all, a pyromancer.  He need only to use his magical might to kill them.  He tries to call up all of his rage and arcane strength and imagines weaving a firestorm upon these beasts.
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1546 on: <12-26-15/1420:31> »
@Maxwell when you cast the storm it begins to rain fire and the sharks fly in mid air and spin around you. They seem to be in pain from the fire but do not stop "You are long way from home fire mage - are you lost?"

@Kynos you manage to give quite a scare to many refugees that are running out side of the buildings nobody seems to be stopping you at the moment. You can see several rotodrones that arrive to the scene but they do not show any aggression at the moment.

@Athos Bruno waits to you at the new Hilton he is wearing a suit and greet you as you arrive.
« Last Edit: <12-26-15/1435:48> by gilga »

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #1547 on: <12-26-15/1442:07> »
He watches hellfire fall from the sky into the water, thinking that'd put an end to the creatures and wake him up.  It didn't however, they floated out of the water and began to circle around him instead.  He feels confused and not entirely sure if he should continue or talk.  Maxwell starts to turn in place slightly, to match the beasts encircling him so that he isn't caught completely off guard.  After a few awkward moments of this he finally speaks up.  "To be honest i'm not entirely sure what's going on.  I'm fairly certain this is my mind or at least a portion of it, but I haven't a clue as to why i'm here or why you things are here.  Something about you, about all of you makes me uncomfortable.  For instance I attacked and tried to kill all of you but instead of dying or attacking back you're having a conversation with me."

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1548 on: <12-26-15/1625:22> »
Kynos relocated again, circling around the block. No need to be hasty. Also, those drones had made him curious. Was a raid imminent?
<<Officer Max from Kynos. Hello, can you tell me anything about a KE raid on the Joke? I was just about to apprehend Venom, but got distracted from throwing some orphans out of the second floor of a building. It was on fire, don't ask. Love Kynos.>>
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1549 on: <12-26-15/1650:32> »
Athos greets Bruno as a brother, then motions for him to walk beside Athos as he heads to the elevator.  "Bruno!  Thank you for coming at short notice.  We are needed to make something out of ruins.  Come up with me while I talk and we can bring some things down from the room to the van."

Athos keeps up a normal conversation about what is going on in the city but not mentioning anything about Valentina until they are down in the van, where he pulls out a small jammer and activates it.  Once in the driver's seat and away he says, "The room was provided by the Yaks and could be bugged.  For that matter, the van too.  First, I have just left Dona Valentina and have marching orders.  The Family has suffered a lot due to this disturbance and it is up to us to get something back on track.  There is lots of room for people who stay loyal through this.  That includes me and you.  Second, do you have a line on any Family soldiers that might be interested in throwing in with us?  With you and me?  We have a chance to be the top enforcers for the Family if this works out.  Unfortunately, you and I might be the only soldiers left that would support Dona Valentina.  Is there anyone you can pull in that would swear loyalty to us.  Not too sure I trust runners that much as they are very enamored with profit and might not be willing to swear to stick around.  Third, we are on our way to the site of the warehouse explosion.  There are two buildings near that Dona Valentina wants us to secure for her as the base of our operations.  There are people there that need to fall in line or leave.  Questions?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1550 on: <12-26-15/2145:09> »
@Maxwell - The sharks say "We cannot be angry of  a toddler that does not even know where he is ? You are long way from your body, you might never be able to get back. Free meal for us. They laugh but their laugh has some sympathy to your situation. "

@Bruno say there is MXN an old timer, never family and probably would not want to be. He was with many gangs over the years but now retired- - he know how to keep the people together tough.
« Last Edit: <12-26-15/2148:54> by gilga »

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #1551 on: <12-26-15/2203:26> »
Maxwell grunts in displeasure.  "Good insult coming from a fish.  Also if you think me to be easy prey then you're sorely mistaken.  I bite back and I don't go down smoothly."  He takes a few breaths after his threat and calms down slightly.  He asks the sharks a question in a quasi slightly nicer tone.  "What purpose are you supposed to serve?  Are you here to antagonize me or guide me to the gateway back to reality?"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1552 on: <12-26-15/2215:51> »
Athos nods.  Can we talk to him?  Please see if you can set up an appointment.  I cannot be too reliant on requiring Family soldiers as there do not seem to be too many.  Say, there were some soldiers in the Underground that might want a chance to move up.  I have not heard of things going wrong down there.  Maybe we can put feelers out to see if some of our brother trogs want to work topside for me.  Stress to anyone that you are my lieutenant and I am the one you answer to.  We might get some action that way from people too long held down because they are Trolls ands Orks."

Athos looks carefully at Bruno.  "But get this clear and make sure that everyone you talk to knows.  This is not to be some payback time for trog soldiers.  We are going to mark off some turf and claim it.  And claiming land without people to live there and pay us taxes is not productive.  We want to show people that we can protect them and have them fragging want to live on our land.  Got it?"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1553 on: <12-26-15/2235:16> »
@Maxwell the sharks laugh we came here for a good meal. We are shaped like sharks because it was a good analogy for you, sharks are drawn to blood and you are bleeding - you are food, but you do not like to be eaten do you?

*Why would he care he'll be dead...

** I mean he will not care if he dies but he does not want to die.

*** Is anyone asking him if to die or not?

At that point it seems that the sharks are communicating with each other uncertain what to say. Their thoughts are too fragmented to be convoyed to you.

@Kynos >> Max tells you 'off the record this is no KE we have bigger problems trying to contain the military base.

@Athos Bruno say I'll come visit MXN he works as a bouncer at the Skelton legitimate life have not been treating him very well. I'll see who I can get you but soldiers cost money if any. The word on the street may also backfire as people will feel that we are weak and urgently need muscle so if we do that we need to do that well.
« Last Edit: <12-26-15/2250:24> by gilga »

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #1554 on: <12-26-15/2313:43> »
He roars in fury and imagines releasing a shock-wave of flame and shadow outward from himself to deter the phantoms.  Maxwell screams at all of them.  "I might be bleeding and wounded, but i'm not gonna take this lying down!  I can still stand!  I can still fight!  I can still wield the magic flame!  I am still Sovereign!"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1555 on: <12-27-15/0343:14> »
Athos nods.  "I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your support and assistance.  I will not forget.  First is MXN then maybe a trip to the Underground is warranted.  I do not want to show up at the buildings with only words to back me up.  Some of these people have only had words and what they need is soldiers to protect them."

Athos drives to the Skeleton and parks the van close by before going inside with Bruno to meet what he hopes is the start of his new life.  The dim lighting of the club adds to the atmosphere and it takes a moment for the pair's eyes to adjust to the light.  Bruno looks aver those inside, looking for MXN.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1556 on: <12-27-15/0728:12> »
<<Thanks for the update, that makes it a lot easier. Love Kynos.>>

Kynos shot his final smoke grenade into yet another building and sped on, returning to the church and carefully taking up position. He looked for a position from where he could see the tree the Elf had fled to without being spotted himself. From 50m away he shot another grenade. This time one with the sleeping gas inside, before closing in with his bike.

[spoiler]
Sneak: 12d6t5 5
Perception: 9d6t5 2
Aim for three simple actions: Grenade launcher: 11d6t5 6
15 S (Neurostun VIII, Disorientation (-2 to actions).
Piloting Ground: 10d6t5 5

Composure: 9d6t5 2
Ini: 15+4d6 30

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1557 on: <12-27-15/1524:52> »
@Kynos it is unclear if the mage was effected by the grenade - she seem to continue whipping in some catatonic state. As you approach the tree the land raises around your bike and attempts to engulf you.  (Make a surprise check and if not surprised then a dodge test)

@Maxwell - the sharks laugh "We mean you no harm we will not touch you while you are kicking and screaming your flame is a physical spell and has no power here in the astral ocean."

@Bruno set up a meeting with MXN he lives in a commune in an abandon building at the edge of town. The meeting is in their place. They are a bunch of orcs, most of them work in the nearby farm. It is easy to spot MXN he is heavily tattooed and augmented. Most people in the commune are now working in the farm while MXN is instructing some of the youngsters in target practice.

When you arrive MXN drops the lesson and hugs Bruno - "It is good to see you" He said "But I do not play that side of the law now, I have responsibilities."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1558 on: <12-27-15/1546:51> »
Athos shakes the hand of the Ork.  "MXN, we have a chance to do something right for the people.  I do not seek a continuation of the old ways.  The blood of too many innocent people has been shed for nothing more than a few Nuyen.  That only breeds fear and distrust.  I think it is time for a new Family.  One based on trust and protection.  Bruno and I are the first of something different.  What money is paid for protection will go for protection and improvements in people's lives.  Could you get behind that?"

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #1559 on: <12-27-15/1603:20> »
Grabbing his sides, he pants in exhaustion.  The spell didn't have the desired effect and just left him winded instead.  After many heavy breaths he regains his composure and shakes his head in bewilderment.  "I don't understand.  Why am I here?  Why do you hound me?  Where is the way out of this place?  I'm probably not even going to get a cohesive answer from... whatever the hell you guys are."