NEWS

Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]

• 2279 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1500 on: <12-20-15/1639:24> »
"I'm late for the party it seems." Kynos took the curb with his bike's off-road suspension, racing across the grass in front of the abandoned church, trying to avoid the running people. A hard breaking later he had left a deep furrow in the law in front of the Joke.
With a quick, practiced motion he pulled the assault rifle from his duffel bag. The magazine indicated that he still had gel rounds loaded, but the reserve mag with APDS was conveniently located in a quick access pocket.
With measured steps he moved towards the burning hole in the Joke's front wall, engaging the environmental seal of his armor to avoid smoke inhalation.

[spoiler]
I'll probably arrive around round 3 or 10 seconds after first spotting the fire.

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1501 on: <12-20-15/1650:10> »
Athos looks a bit puzzled.  "I am not hiding anything, Dona Valentina.  Yes, Nagisa is Yulia's girlfriend, but she has been taken from Don Carlos and moved to a new location.  At this point, I may have little influence on her.  I will speak with her, though, and try to get her to throw in with us.  Right now, Yulia is undercover and following a lead that might bring us still closer to who was behind this.  I cannot reach her at this time.  She will contact me when she can."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #1502 on: <12-20-15/1658:55> »
Before Maxwell could truly appreciate the glorious destruction that he caused, he was being assaulted by the person he sought to protect.  The Drain took a hefty toll and left him too sluggish to properly defend himself.

[spoiler]Dodge: 5d6t5 1
Soak Roll: 15d6t5 8
If my math is correct then Sovereign's Stun CM is full with 2P of overflow.[/spoiler]

Seeing her lifeless, vaguely happy expression was the last thing Maxwell saw before her blow connected.  Her fist slammed into his abdomen like a freight train.  Everything went black and he collapses to the ground unconscious.
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1503 on: <12-20-15/1724:34> »
@Athos Valentina asks "Who took her from Don Carlos? and where is she now? "

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1504 on: <12-20-15/1744:26> »
@Kynos as you approach the Joke there are many people who try to put out the fire. Water buckets pipes, drones the place is a zoo. Strawberry is on the street healing people. She seems upset, and the place is in chaos, some of the yaks nod at you with acknowledgement as you fearlessly enter the burning building. It has become an inferno in there and you hear cries from the top floor. Someone is trapped int here.
« Last Edit: <12-20-15/1750:29> by gilga »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1505 on: <12-20-15/1807:59> »
It is usually Trogs that call me THAT, and they usually throw things when they say it. He laughs but the name stuck, you can call me Balls no problem. Is there something you wanted?

"Yes," Vanish says quietly, "I was told that you might be able to help me with locating a specific individual." He calls up the image of his target on his comm to show to the man.

Balls answer I can do many things but I don't work for strangers - that person is troubles I'd forget all about him. What ever they offer you it is not worth it. This much I give you for free.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1506 on: <12-20-15/1811:42> »
'Great, now what' Kynos looked around and called out: "Sovereign? Was that you?"
The screams where getting on his nerves - how was he supposed to find his chummer like this? The rising temperature didn't improve the situation.
"Ah what the hell, you kill some, you save some." With that he made his way towards the screams, charging simply through any closed doors or obstacles in his way
talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1507 on: <12-20-15/1930:55> »
Athos considers his response.  "Who is not so important, Dona Valentina.  Nagisa was being removed from the safe house to be questioned about her involvement in the attempted assassination.  The transport was intercepted and she is now under the care and protection of a very powerful mage.  I believe that her loyalty to the Finnigans is well gone, but she has helped me since and may again.  I will talk to her."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #1508 on: <12-20-15/2106:19> »
"A fire?" I parrot after the voice is gone.  The passion drains from me and I back away from my lover's wet embrace.  "Gi, I need to go there.  It might be best for you to stay out of sight, though."

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1509 on: <12-20-15/2123:37> »
Balls answer I can do many things but I don't work for strangers - that person is troubles I'd forget all about him. What ever they offer you it is not worth it. This much I give you for free.

Leaning forward, Vanish presses on saying, "I just need to know where this person's most common hangouts are and where he was last seen. I can take care of things from there."

[spoiler]
I want to try a Negotiation here, but the roller I use seems to have vanished into the ether (and I don't want to create a login for such a site).

Wanting to spend Edge to try to ensure this works, so: 5 Charisma + 2 Negotiation + 4 Edge = 11 Dice with no Limit and 'explosions'.
[/spoiler]
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1510 on: <12-21-15/1509:07> »
@Kynos There are two children on the second floor - the one you heared seems very hysteric while the other simple stares at the fire blankly as if accepted his fate. The screamer is about 7 or 8 and the oddly peaceful child is no more than 3. When they look at you the scremer cries save us, while the other just gives you a blank look. You can tell that the eyes of the 3 years old are already cybereyes.

@Athos Valentina say " I do not believe it can be, Nagisa has grown from birth with the family she will never betray us. Not even when faced with death, you under estimate her if she stayed with the mage she did so to unlock her secrets I am certain of it. She was born to be loyal - you have to understand that she almost has no choice. Tell her I am looking for her, she'll know how to find me."

@Minnie Gi grabs a cyberarm and a few clothes and runs out, the Joke is being consumed by a rather large fire. People are trying to get out running to put the fire down. Strawberry is in the street treating the wounded with both mudnane and magical methods and evicting them. the rest seem to have given up on the Joke and are now trying to make sure that the fire do not spread out of it to nearby buildings.

@Vanish 'Balls' Say: He is the kind that hangs around with vampires and mages, steals equipment from the military in the same ease local gangers collect protection. I am not sure if I should get involved in these kinds of business - you seem to be a merchant of death.
« Last Edit: <12-21-15/1523:00> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1511 on: <12-21-15/1534:30> »
Kynos sighed internally. What a time to be reminded of his own family. Without hesitation, he went to the nearby window and yanked it open.
"Stop screaming." He grabbed the seven year old and dangled him out of the window.
"HEY YOU, YOU USELESS GAPERS. YES, YOU IN THE BLUE SHIRT AND YOU IN THE UGLY BEIGE SWEATER, MOVE YOUR ASSES OVER HERE AND CATCH THE CHILD OR I'LL RIP YOUR ARMS OFF!"
Once the two were in position, Kynos leaned down as much as he could and dropped the screaming child.
"GET BACK IN POSITION, THERE IS ANOTHER ONE."

At this moment, Kynos realized, that the flames had reached the stairs and the little child had began to choke.
'Well, better broken bones than scorched lungs.' Kynos took the little meat bag and tossed it - carefully to the people below.

Somewhere below a loadbearing element gave way and the whole building lurched a few centimeters.
"There she goes."
Without waiting another second, he fished the microwire from his pocket, looped it around the radiator below the window and abseiled as fast as he could.

[spoiler]
Climbing check: Climbing: 12d6t5 5

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1512 on: <12-21-15/1608:59> »
@Vanish 'Balls' Say: He is the kind that hangs around with vampires and mages, steals equipment from the military in the same ease local gangers collect protection. I am not sure if I should get involved in these kinds of business - you seem to be a merchant of death.

With a shrug, Vanish responds, "The only involvement you'll have is letting me know where to find him. Nothing else is necessary."
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1513 on: <12-21-15/1643:14> »
@Kynos you toss the hysteric boy down right into the hands of some of the people, it is not that far actually. The apathic one just jumps out on his own. Did you just see that?! you are not sure you are down on the floor and Strawberry catch you for a chat she seems to be genuinely upset. She say nothing but you can feel her voice in your mind.

"I secured Venom, he arrived this morning. Getting him out of the city is not going to be easy but we have him and he is willing to cooperate. This fire was Sovereign,  he was compromised - turned into a mindless puppet.  He went completely banana's, murdered 8 people burned this place down. He even attempted to kill Venom. I have heard rumors of these things but I did not believe it - something is taking control over mages in the city turns them into puppets with magical muscle....

Never mind that - I got a lead about the vampire who took Venom if you would like to collect on these 50k and we could still use your help on getting him on a plane and making sure leaves safely, but I would not move him before that vampire is down - magically skilled and dangerous and who knows how he found Venom to begin with. Drained five of my men without them firing a single bullet. You've seen that work - he is too hot to move right now. "
« Last Edit: <12-21-15/1646:01> by gilga »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1514 on: <12-21-15/1647:41> »
Balls says "I am not exactly sure where he is right now - but Strawberry was looking for him few days ago. He is under her protection, easy on the eyes but completely insane mage. Careful how much you drink around her - she got the voice that would boil your blood. If she does not have him than the Vampire at the military base must have. You should visit that base it is a true wonderland."
« Last Edit: <12-21-15/1649:21> by gilga »