NEWS

Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]

• 2279 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1485 on: <12-19-15/1109:46> »
"...the fuck." Kynos once again corrected his course and drove back to the place where this whole clusterfuck began. Maybe he would arrive only to see a pile of ashes and a glowing cyberarm, but somehow he didn't think so. Venom had survived quite a lot since Kynos had spared his life - primarily because he hadn't had an offer for Venom's head at this point in time.
'Some things have to be solved chrome on chrome - or in my case tungsten alloy on chrome and bone.'
He replied:
<<Seems like I'll have another discussion with Ginger Elf. Give me the exact address, I'll make sure he is pacified for transport. Love Kynos>>
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1486 on: <12-20-15/0354:22> »
@Maxwell Before you arrive to the Joke you might notice the noise disabling your comlink. If you did not notice the noise you clearly notice the smell of burned electronics. Some cocky decker is sending data spikes up your way, as you reach for the comlink you can feel that a spirit is trying to posses your body.

[spoiler]
Data Spike: 12d6t5 3
Data Spike 2: 12d6t5 6
Data Spike 3: 12d6t5 5
resist with firewall + intuition (I think)  Damage is (6 matrix + net hits)

If you are possesed then the device is toast. If you are not possesed you can turn it off to avoid all but the first data spikes.

F5 spirit F*2 Vs willpower + intuition
Posses Maxwell: 10d6t5 3

if you want to enter combat you'd better roll initiative.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <12-20-15/0356:09> by gilga »

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #1487 on: <12-20-15/0440:27> »
Something is trying to seize control of his body, trying to shackle and leash his will.  He musters all of his rage, hate, passion and strength of will to barricade himself from this alien force.

[spoiler]Resist Possession: 11d6t5 4[/spoiler]

The weakling spirit is no match against Maxwell's force of will, he quickly overpowers and deflects it.  He smells the burning electronics of his Meta-Link and reaches into his pocket to turn it off.  Not wanting to risk anything, he throws it on the ground and smashes it into little pieces with weight of several foot stomps.  This was the last straw, someone not only banished his servant but tried to possess him as well.  That's rather odd considering spirit possession is something like voodoo.  Perhaps Strawberry isn't a black mage like he thought before but something more insidious and subtle.  Maxwell can figure that out later, right now he's hyper-alert and prepared for battle.

[spoiler]Initiative: 1d6+8 12[/spoiler]
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1488 on: <12-20-15/0506:09> »
@Athos   
"I admire the boldness of your plan, Dona Valentina and you have my complete support and loyalty.  I have been involved in determining our innocence in the matter of the assassination attempt that I have not completed the second phase of the list.  We own the former Yakuza warehouse, even if it is now mostly splinters and masonry dust.  With your permission, I will stop focusing on further identifying who the enemy plotter is and return to securing the loyalty of the people in the other two buildings.  He pauses to look at the other three.  "I will try to secure a decker, but I do not know if Nagisa is available.  If she is, we will need to make other arrangements to secure her trust and cooperation.  And how many soldiers do I have at my disposal to get this rolling?  We will not be able to ask for taxes if we cannot protect the people, and for that I will need guards and enforcers."

Valentina sighs, "Give me what you have and I'll find that traitor and execute him. I do not want A DECKER I want NAGISA. We are not asking if she is available, we are taking her with or without the blessing of Don Carlos. There are not many soldiers left, You, Yulia Bruno there is us and we have 20 more security guards on the pay roll of the Gates that can be trusted. We do not have the muscle and we only have the funds because I secured a large amount of money on credsticks - the Gates makes that kind of stockpiling reasonable without people snooping around. About that warehouse I do not care about the state but we need the nearby buildings. It is not 'What' it is 'Where' this area is extremely important for us. We need access to these lands. "

@Maxwell, something feels odd, but there is no obvious attacker, but somthing is wrong - you are litterally standing on your attacker the earth underneath you opens its big mouth and attempts to swallow you.

[spoiler]
Initiative: 11+2d6 19
Engulf: 10d6t5 5
[/spoiler]

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #1489 on: <12-20-15/0538:39> »
Maxwell sees the gaping maw of earth and goes on the defensive to avoid being chomped.

[spoiler]Full Defense Dodge: 14d6t5 1 -10 to Initiative = 2
Second Chance: 13d6t5 6
Bad Luck: 1d6 5
Spent 1 point of Edge.  Dodged the Engulf.  I'm now out of Edge.[/spoiler]

Through sheer will or dumb luck, Maxwell avoided the dirt pit trap and got out of the way successfully.  He runs to and inside the Joke, in an effort to lose the spirit and engage the likely summoner instead.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1490 on: <12-20-15/0621:43> »
@Maxwell - when you enter the Joke you see some gangers drinking and having fun, the place is loaded it seems like nobody wants to leave this domain as it was somehow protected from the Chaos in the city. The ginger elf is there on the tap, serving clients silently like usual, in fact you have never seen another bartender in that joint.
Your attacker did not seem to follow you inside, the seconds pass and no fireball or other form of hostility is performed by anyone.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1491 on: <12-20-15/0624:19> »
@Kynos the call disconnects  and it is the same sound as with DemoX line disconnected.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1492 on: <12-20-15/0636:13> »
Kynos cursed and dialed Athos while he made sure to keep his firewall in active mode:
<<Heads up: Sovereign has found Venom in Ginger Elf's territory, now his commlink is dead like DemoX'. Take care that you are not targeted next - a fake Doc Waggon might be on its way to collect you.>>

Kynos reved up his bikes engine and sped along. It wasn't far now.

[spoiler]
Full Matrix defense just in case: INT+FW+WIL= 16, LOG+FW+WIL=13
[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #1493 on: <12-20-15/0706:41> »
Maxwell wells up with fury at the sight of all these fools drinking themselves silly when they should be preparing for war instead.  "What is this, carelessness?  It's like they're trapped in tranquility.  Too blind to accept reality, too craven to face danger.  These morons are lulled in with a false sense of security and happily drink all their cares away.  If they want to sit down and do nothing, fine!  I however won't let Strawberry think she can fool me into this intoxicant prison."

He conjures forth astral fire within his hands and volleys a bolt of it.  Aiming not at anyone in particular but at the bar rack behind Strawberry, where all the most expensive wines and vodkas sit.

[spoiler]Force 7 Flamethrower: 15d6t5 7
Drain Resist: 11d6t5 3
I take 1 Stun.[/spoiler]

The stream of hellfire explodes all the pricey alcohol upon impact.  Causing a loud boom that echos throughout the bar, silencing the revelry and causing everyone to stop what they are doing and stare at Maxwell.

He glares at Strawberry and projects his voice at her.  "If you want to entrap these morons and have them believe that they are safe and sound, go right ahead, I won't stop you.  But the moment you interfere in my craft and try to shackle me, try to enslave me!  Then I stop considering you a friend and you become my foe! I only ask that you take the situation seriously and stop playing these games."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1494 on: <12-20-15/0719:57> »
@Maxwell your shot of fire quickly burns the expensive alcohol and the ginger elf looks at you with amazement as if not sure what to do, she does not resist when you grab her. She seemed confused, unable to adjust to the situation. She feels soft to touch, delicate and smells intoxicating. Exactly like you expected, but perhaps she is possessed? These blank and emotionless eyes are not the lusting eyes of the lady that got you drunk the last time you visited the Joke.

Many people leave the joint as you begin to shot fire but many do not. One of the people tell you "The only thing that keeps you alive is that the Ginger, does not like violence, leave her and I might not fill your body with holes right here right now. We do not talk to the red lady, look directly at her and definitely do not touch her or trash her joint - is that clear?" A brief look at who is talking to you, human forties - armed and tattooed. There are eight, maybe ten, over five is difficult to count with a brief look they seem to be pissed off and armed.

« Last Edit: <12-20-15/0722:23> by gilga »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1495 on: <12-20-15/0727:21> »
Once the others are gone, Vanish levers himself up and approaches saying lowly, "You would be the one who goes by 'Balls', correct?"

It is usually Trogs that call me THAT, and they usually throw things when they say it. He laughs but the name stuck, you can call me Balls no problem. Is there something you wanted?

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #1496 on: <12-20-15/1201:38> »
Maxwell looked hard into her eyes, squinting as he does.  He could touch, see and smell her, almost exactly as he remembered.  But it's like she's a different person than when they first met.  He began to think and go over the reasons why she is this way.  "Either i'm touching a very convincing illusion or someone has done something they shouldn't have.  The way she's acting could be a form of thought control or outright spirit possession.  I need to take her somewhere else, to someone else and undo this nonsense.  Have to deal with the idiots behind me first, only one sure fire way of doing that."

He would only get one chance of pulling this off.  A risky gamble, but one he has to take.  Swiftly he turns around and faces the brute squad with a handful of reagents.  He evokes a large amount of magical power and lobs a heavy orb of intense heat and flame.  Aiming at a spot far enough away that Strawberry and himself would not be caught in the blast wave.  Effectively burning up the gangers in an unholy inferno.

[spoiler]Spending 7 Reagents to reset the Limit to 7
Force 12 Fireball: 15d6t5 7
DV: 16 AP: - 12 Area: 12 Meters. No Scatter. This should be a surprise, not entirely sure.
Drain Resist: 11d6t5 3
I take 8 Stun[/spoiler]

The Drain from the spell was immense.  Maxwell could feel his body burning up as he channeled the mana required for the spell.  Blood starts involuntarily pouring out of his nose and mouth.
« Last Edit: <12-20-15/1218:46> by Mulcarn »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1497 on: <12-20-15/1221:27> »
Athos slides a Meta 'link across the table to Valentina.  "Dona Valentina, this commlink is loaded with the chip I have recovered, along with all of my other information on the assassination attempt.  Some of the information is unsubstantiated and some is simple guesswork.  And about Nagisa, Don Carlos does not have control of her at this time.  I know where she is and will try to secure her help, but it will not come easy.  I will contact Bruno.  He is a good soldier and I am glad that he remains loyal.  I may also have some people I can call on.  I will secure those buildings, Dona Valentina.  Do I have access to additional funds?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1498 on: <12-20-15/1427:54> »
It is usually Trogs that call me THAT, and they usually throw things when they say it. He laughs but the name stuck, you can call me Balls no problem. Is there something you wanted?

"Yes," Vanish says quietly, "I was told that you might be able to help me with locating a specific individual." He calls up the image of his target on his comm to show to the man.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1499 on: <12-20-15/1611:55> »
@Maxwell The inferno burns the entire place, the gangers are dead, anyone still in there is looking out for the window and the massive fireball have set fire to the wooden structure. Strawberry lunch at you with super human agility and a strength that is more appropriate for a troll. Her face is still without any specific expression, if any she seems happy - a bit flirty as if she is serving you a drink. You almost want that lighting fist to hit you but at the speed her hands are moving, such a hit would be deadly. She is not goofing around. The odd thing is that once you tossed the fireball she became happy as if the moment you decided to burn her joint she suddenly knew what to do.

[spoiler]
You can refresh edge because burning the fireball and slapping yourself in the process is a cool concept.
Unarmed: 16d6t5 4
We now roll initiative:
Initiative: 11+1d6 16
if she go first she'll settle for an extra punch.
Unarmed: 16d6t5 5
[/spoiler]

@Kynos - you are not very far from the Joke where you see the building is on fire and many people are running out of it.

@Athos Valentina say "You are terrible at hiding things, she is Yulia's girlfriend - isn't she? This is why I trust her. What is the matter? "

@Minnie celebrating his little victory Venom kisses you passionately and embraces you. Your passion is only disturbed by the sound of the voice system indicating an incoming call. The message is brief "Fire! help - many wounded and dead at the Joke come quickly toxic mage!" The voice is a bit similar to Nagisa's but you cannot be sure the content of the words took too much attention and the voice is gone as soon as it appeared.

« Last Edit: <12-20-15/1619:28> by gilga »