NEWS

Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]

• 2279 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1440 on: <12-12-15/1524:01> »
Athos Nagisa said >> I am on it!
Strawberry repllied >> Sent a spirit. Take care!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1441 on: <12-12-15/1615:08> »
While they had waited at the hospital, Kynos' bike had found its way towards his location. While he jumped on he sent a reply to DemoX:
<<That's the second time you tried to do some business on the side and it's bitten you in the ass. Man, what have I told you? Next time call me in time and I can back you up. Now give me exactly his last known location. I'll be there in about 10 minutes. And get some other drones in the air - without shooting and enough distance to keep an eye on the scene. Your hear me? We'll get Venom - if necessary I'll take care of Minnie.>>

Kynos bike roared as he began driving ruthlessly along the shortest possible route - including the pavement, backyards and a shallow duck pond.

[spoiler]
Driving
Driving: 10d6t5 4 [10d6t5=2, 1, 3, 6, 5, 2, 6, 5, 2, 4]

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #1442 on: <12-12-15/1948:14> »
Despite the cold, I ensure the drone is pulled fully into the water with me with the gun pointed away from both me and the boat.  Hopefully between my own abuse of the side panel and the water it will no longer work.  I push the thing under with my feet in the hopes once it fills with water that it will not be buoyant.

With the flyspy out of commission, I swim back to the boat.  If Gi isn't in the water, I allow myself again to be cared for.  If anyone asks, I simply said I did it to protect those in the boat from being shot randomly.  I do my best to start looking to see if Gi can be found.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1443 on: <12-13-15/0152:56> »
@Kynos The hospital is at the southern outskirts of the city and getting anywhere near consul island requires 60 kilometers of city driving. Perhaps you can do so in an hour in a bike skimming traffic, but there is no way you can do so in 10 minutes. A car will take significantly longer. Also consider that some of the roads are blocked and full of junk with all the mayhem of last night.  Imagine the traffic in the city in a day like that.

DemoX texts you: >> Not to point any fingers - but you are the one to be doing side business. Not that there anything wrong with that if you had something more lucrative to do then go for it, I'd do the same.  I am sticking to the same exact spot where you left me.I have some eyes in the sky but nothing that can shot. That drone was the 'just in case' drone. I am no rigger

@Minnie The people pull you into the water and cloth you. On the boat and without his oversized cyberarm, you meet Gi. He hugs and passionately kisses you. The people helped him too and he is now covered with blankets and dressed with some very poor clothes that the crew were using for maintenance operations. Many engine oil stains cover his clothes and the armoa is not very pleasant.

Something about this trip to the island feels very off to you, before you left the island all the people at the beach were either dead or already dying. These people may suffer the same fate - would they? In your guts you feel that they should not go to that island but their logic for going there is solid, everyone knows that the ambassador has a mighty force of personal security and the lake is a natural barrier that makes the island easy to protect. Then again, if you are going to tell them that you were possibly exposed to a fatal disease that seems to kill very fast these people are probably going to toss you both into the water again.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1444 on: <12-13-15/0350:21> »
<<That's just it DemoX: Side business is ok, but you always do it half-assed without backup. Also I have to correct my estimation. It'll probably be an hour before I can make it there. Don't lose them. There is a big payday riding on Venom. Maybe two if we can execute him on board of some plane outside Seattle. If he confesses beforehand even better - tripple pay. See ya>>

Than Kynos was off again, racing through the chaos of the city.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1445 on: <12-13-15/0411:36> »
@Vanish People will need to die as this chaos hurts the bottom line. This is why you are not at all surprised when you receive a message from MCT. Your handlers alias is Queen Beast (QB) and she is the most terrifying individual you'd ever met. Literally a blood sucking Banshee, sadistic in nature with only a distant memory from being actual human, a male if you have to be technical about it, but if you address her she will drain you without hesitation. MCT keeps her to do their dirty work and she keeps you because she feels like she is terrifying enough so that you will never dare to cross her. You must admit that interacting with her through the matrix is easier for you.  Her assignments are never optional, and not once when you tried to refuse she resorted to violence. But QB is your only way to advance in the hierarchy of MCT, a cooperation powerful enough to make even your wildest dreams come true.

The text say:
>>There is a sleeper agent that is strangely absent, his last assignment was to infiltrate infiltrate a terrorist organization. The guys that are terrorizing Seattle, some branch that were even too extreme for Fear the Dark. I want you to find him and make sure that our name is never mentioned. Either kill him or return him to me. Pay is your usual 20k.

Attached are picture of an orc in several situations next to heavy military weapons, in all these pictures he has a very distinctive cyber arm on his left hand. Apparently he previously infiltrated some military base and used his position for some industrial espionage against Ares. That beast must have had him photographed just in case he tries to power play her.  These pictures are enough to go to the KE and have him executed for high treason.  The extent of the file has you wondering -  what kind of incriminating evidence that beast keeps on you.

As for where to start, the Yakuza are always willing to provide assistance to MCT when dirty business are involved. You just need to make sure that they remember who is boss.
« Last Edit: <12-13-15/0420:48> by gilga »

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #1446 on: <12-13-15/1047:33> »
"Everyone," I tell the gathered men and women on the ferry, "I don't expect you to want to hear this or even believe it, but I believe the Council forces are killing refugees as they arrive on then island.  I may be wrong, but there are a LOT of dead arrivals on the beach up ahead.  We were on the island when all this started and we have some ideas on how we might be able to stop all this.  My friend, here, is high up on one of the corporations and may be able to mobilize some forces if we can can back.  If you decide you want to move on ahead to the island, I understand, but can you drop us back off on our boat first?  At least you don't have to worry about that flyspy shooting at you.  It would't surprise me if they're from the Council given what we saw."

[spoiler]
{con} Convince ferry crowd to either return to Seattle or drop us off on our boat: 10d6t5: 6 [10d6t5=5, 6, 6, 3, 4, 5, 3, 4, 5, 5][/spoiler]

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1447 on: <12-13-15/1142:44> »
@Vanish People will need to die as this chaos hurts the bottom line. This is why you are not at all surprised when you receive a message from MCT. Your handlers alias is Queen Beast (QB) and she is the most terrifying individual you'd ever met. Literally a blood sucking Banshee, sadistic in nature with only a distant memory from being actual human, a male if you have to be technical about it, but if you address her she will drain you without hesitation. MCT keeps her to do their dirty work and she keeps you because she feels like she is terrifying enough so that you will never dare to cross her. You must admit that interacting with her through the matrix is easier for you.  Her assignments are never optional, and not once when you tried to refuse she resorted to violence. But QB is your only way to advance in the hierarchy of MCT, a cooperation powerful enough to make even your wildest dreams come true.

The text say:
>>There is a sleeper agent that is strangely absent, his last assignment was to infiltrate infiltrate a terrorist organization. The guys that are terrorizing Seattle, some branch that were even too extreme for Fear the Dark. I want you to find him and make sure that our name is never mentioned. Either kill him or return him to me. Pay is your usual 20k.

Attached are picture of an orc in several situations next to heavy military weapons, in all these pictures he has a very distinctive cyber arm on his left hand. Apparently he previously infiltrated some military base and used his position for some industrial espionage against Ares. That beast must have had him photographed just in case he tries to power play her.  These pictures are enough to go to the KE and have him executed for high treason.  The extent of the file has you wondering -  what kind of incriminating evidence that beast keeps on you.

As for where to start, the Yakuza are always willing to provide assistance to MCT when dirty business are involved. You just need to make sure that they remember who is boss.

On receiving the message and images of the target, Vanish sends a quick response acknowledging receipt and proceeds to go over the images, looking for any similarities which would speak to a particular 'stomping ground' area the man might operate in.

At that point he shoots a message to the troll Fixer by the moniker of 'Slither', knowing that in the standard shadow hierarchy that position is held due to the number of connections one has.

<<I need to get set up with a local Yakuza lieutenant. On a job, and I think they could be of help in finding the target. I can offer a couple grand once the job's complete for your assistance in this matter.>>
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1448 on: <12-13-15/1202:07> »
@Vanish Slither contacts you >>Balls is you name, terrible performer but heck of a driver and the quite a charmer.

@Minnie they appear very concerned and are not sure what to do,t hey have no objection in returning you to your boat and they start fighting among themselves as to where they should be headed.  As you leave for your ship that arguments become quite loud, these guys obviously need some leadership.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1449 on: <12-13-15/1207:14> »
@Vanish Slither contacts you >>Balls is you name, terrible performer but heck of a driver and the quite a charmer.

<<Thank you. Where's this guy normally found? I think that speaking in person might be best.>>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1450 on: <12-13-15/1235:47> »
@Vanish >>He is rapping at the Banshee tonight. You can't miss him, an elf that dresses like a gangster trog.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1451 on: <12-13-15/1248:35> »
@Vanish >>He is rapping at the Banshee tonight. You can't miss him, an elf that dresses like a gangster trog.

Getting his equipment together and ready, Vanish stows the weaponry in the trunk of his car (accessible through a fold-down segment of the back seat) sans his taser which he tucks into the pocket of the Executive Suite jacket after ensuring it has a full load of darts. Once that's accomplished, he proceeds to the Banshee.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1452 on: <12-14-15/0412:44> »
@Minnie Gi and you are back to the boat and into Seattle, Gi places his cyberarm in the boat wrapped in rugs. "I feel a little crippled without it, but it it attracts too much attention. Especially in this outfit." He leans for a kiss careful not to make you dirty and then say "That was quite a performance with the drone. Tough I am no fool, I did not just happen to meet you. You are a professional athlete, since I do not know you I'd guess a shadowrunner. So who do you really work for? "
« Last Edit: <12-14-15/1039:24> by gilga »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1453 on: <12-14-15/1454:48> »
@Vanish: When you reach the vanish the place is empty. Not a single soul dares to brave the streets at night. Few people arrived, most of them because they work there. It does not stop 'Balls' from rapping like a trog saying some very offensive stuff in Or'zet if you can get pass his appearance and is knowledgeable enough about the language you can say that he is quite good actually. More sophisticated than most trogs performing it.

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #1454 on: <12-14-15/1814:24> »
"Funny story, that," I say with a shrug and chuckle at Gi's question.  "My employer tried to kill me three days ago and now wants me dead.  Remember, I told you about the Finnegans earlier in the garden.  I'm just trying to prove my innocence and you're my current best lead.  Well that and you're easy on the eyes..." I lean in and give the man another, deep kiss.