NEWS

Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]

• 2279 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1155 on: <11-15-15/1408:40> »
@Minnie the garden is composed of awakened vine like vegetation, when you look at it in the astral you can feel that it ‘whispers’ something it was it ‘feed me?’ you are not sure, but the maze is definitely awakened. There are also powerful wards that encapsulate the entire area and a dozen of spirits that seem to be watching the party, and start moving with unease when you astrally perceive.

@Minnie and Athos
Minnie seems so fascinated by the liveness of the maze and how it flickers that she barely notice Venom, or at least an Orc with a cyberarm that fits the description that goes right past you. Athos of course cannot miss the big orc, he is so big that he could pass a small troll. He is wearing a sleeping tiger suit, that seem to be worn with haste. Tough it gives him a rough, street like elegance and he definitely do not blend in.

@Kynos  I am a little foggy as to what you are doing/where you are.

@Maxwell The lady’s aura seems mundane and you do not notice any augmentation on her. She tells you “Well you are the one talking strongly to him saying that he is afraid of you. If Venom is truly afraid of you I have no idea if he is bringing back drinks. As to your answers, you never asked me a single question. What I know so far is that you are a man of violence and intrigue. You seem at ease with killing people as long as you get your glory... aren’t you?”

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1156 on: <11-15-15/1425:57> »
Athos notices Venom, who apparently has no idea who he is.  He shakes Minnie back to the now and shrugs off her hand.  "You would do anyone, wouldn't you?  Even my friends.  Probably this guy, too.  Hey bud, you want a piece of this?  You can have it."  He takes a step back and not so gently shoves Minnie at Venom before turning to walk slowly away.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #1157 on: <11-15-15/1459:28> »
I had expected to not see much since the hedges we living, but instead my peek into the astral presents me with a vibrant world of magic and spirits.  Rather than continue drawing the ire of the spirits, I slip back into meat sight just as i had caught a glimpse of a large aura with no arm.

Venom!?!

With no time to think I start to move myself into his path to trip him up, but despite my inhuman quickness I find myself pushed in that direction by Athos who starts with a rant.  I switch gears instantly and use the inertia to place myself in the ork's path, doing whatever it takes to bring us down in a heap.

[spoiler]I have no idea what to be rolling here for the trip-up, so I'll let Gil roll whatever he wants to regarding my attempt to trip Venom up.  Minnie has an agility of 7, reaction of 5/8, and initiative of 9/12+4D6.

I will use edge to re-roll failures for seduction.  I want to totally vamp him.

Seduce Venom as we collapse into a heap: 13d6t5: 2 [13d6t5=1, 4, 3, 2, 3, 6, 2, 1, 3, 4, 3, 3, 6]
Seduce Venom as we collapse into a heap, roll #2: 11d6t5: 3 [11d6t5=5, 1, 3, 6, 2, 5, 2, 4, 4, 1, 2]

Aaaaand the dice hate me...

[/spoiler]

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1158 on: <11-15-15/1505:20> »
@Athos and Minnie Venom is heavily augmented and easily dodges Minnie being sent his way, in fact it takes Minnie a stealthy unarmed maneuver to tackle him down.  Even taken down, Athos can clearly see that  Venom's  reflexes are so quick second only to Minnie's perhaps and are clearly the best technology has to offer. Venom seems angry, and it takes his full composure not to jump Athos. Instead he gets up and helps Minnie stand as well. He then gives Athos  a look full of hate and say "Scum like you give us trogs a bad name, begone now before I call security. " He looks at Minnie with some sympathy but say nothing.

« Last Edit: <11-15-15/1523:05> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1159 on: <11-15-15/1512:30> »
Athos is a bit confused by the response from Venom, although he does observe the reflexes of the large Ork and will take that into consideration if needed.  He shrugs and moves a few steps away to give Minnie time to do her thing.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1160 on: <11-15-15/1538:47> »
After Kynos had finished raiding the food at the buffet tables and grabbing a lighter from the smoke room, he took a bite from his garlic bread.
"Could use a bit more of a kick."
Kynos looked around at the food tables for Tabasco and added quite a large amount to the soup cup full of olive oil. Dipping his garlic bread in he took another bite
"Perfect. Now to see what the others are doing."

Kynos was moving outside again. After all, that was the last position he had seen his team members at.
<<Team from Kynos: What's your status everyone. I just gathered a few basic supplies. I'm moving out again to my previous position.>>
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #1161 on: <11-15-15/1920:51> »
Face-palming out of annoyance and shifting back to physical space.  Maxwell looks at her through the veil of his hand, feelings of paranoia creep inside his brain.  "This is absurd!  She's not magical but it's like i'm being put under a microscope.  Perhaps the maze is enchanted in more ways than one.  Not a huge stretch of imagination that there might be a mass of spirits here either.  I need to quickly resolve this matter.  But... Damnation!  I want answers!"

He removes his hand from his face and does his best to tower over her.  He straightens his back and form, and his words erupt forth like sparks from a forge.  "Don't pilfer those furtive secrets and pretend you can divine my path!  I'm not some conjurer of cheap tricks, nor am I a marionette!"

Maxwell exhales sharply and simmers down some.  "I don't care for word games or fictional mist.  You claim to have answers, although pretentiously so.  If that cowardly bastard does not return then you will come with me instead.  And i'm not backing down from that."
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1162 on: <11-15-15/2028:10> »
@Maxwell The lady look at you with an amused look. "You should be careful what you wish for or that your answer is going to leave you with more questions and mystery than you entered, Just like saint Adams. " She sighs, "If this is what you really want then your answer is conquest..  Humans have many desires but the allure of power is the strongest. After all we never converged into Plato's state."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1163 on: <11-15-15/2106:58> »
Athos continues a few more feet along the path out of the maze so that he can talk privately on the commlink.  >>Yulia and I have Venom in sight.  She is talking to him and seems to have some influence over him already.  Go figure, right?  I am waiting to see how he reacts to her.<<

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #1164 on: <11-15-15/2121:11> »
He looks back at her with his former grinning arrogance.  Like a true blackguard he says.  "First piece of fucking wisdom you spoke all night.  Humanity has many wants and dreams, but power is ultimately the only one that matters.  And i'll achieve mine through whatever dark means." 

Maxwell stops for a moment and looks around the labyrinth for signs of Venom.  Seeing as how he wasn't within sight he turns back to the elf, with teeth bared and eyes aflame.  "It seems that loser stood us up, a pity.  I'm not leaving empty-handed however.  Not when you have something I crave, Something I hunger for..."
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1165 on: <11-16-15/0116:48> »
@Maxwell The lady grins deviously at you and say, "This leaves you to decide do you like the old order and the place society has for you in the old order, or do you crave a new one where you are closer to the top. It is as simple as that."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1166 on: <11-16-15/0122:45> »
Athos mentally slaps his forehead.  **Cat?  Is something affecting Venom in any way?**

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1167 on: <11-16-15/0126:58> »
@Athos cat say "He seems to be genuinely angry about the way you pushed the mouse. Being so big that do not send a very civilized message."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1168 on: <11-16-15/0151:22> »
**But he is not controlled by Red?**

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1169 on: <11-16-15/0205:50> »
@Athos Cat answers "no, not at all."