NEWS

Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]

• 2279 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1020 on: <11-01-15/1353:02> »
Kynos only made a non-committal noise behind his mask, glad that the active coal and nano membranes filtered out the worst of the smell.
With morbid curiosity he looked at the departed deadbeats. They looked somehow very serene - at least if you ignored the gaping wounds that killed them or where organs had been removed.
Experimentally he poked at the open eye of one of the dead gangers with a gloved index finger.
Without looking up he said:
"Found a head in the water, internal commlink. Head has been partially dissolved by cleaning nanites. We'd like to get the headware under control and also see if it did record anything of the former owners death."
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1021 on: <11-01-15/1407:52> »
At this point, Athos is happy to let Kynos do the talking and looks around at the lab.  He shakes his head in disbelief.  "So you guys run a ware chop shop out of here?  What sort of things you get?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1022 on: <11-01-15/1539:41> »
@ Kynos Guy tells you "A comlink... must be a good one... Buying or selling?"

@Athos "Mostly cyber eyes and and cyber weapons, sometime some bone lacing and some freaky stuff like cyber skulls and penises.  We are just taking it out and disinfecting it... there are number of clinics that sell used ware... they get it through places like this."

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1023 on: <11-01-15/1611:25> »
"As far as I'm concerned you can keep it after you've extracted the info for us.
Say, you wouldn't know by any chance how we could find a vampire called Grail? Does the undead community keep tabs on each other?"

Hearing about the used ware he said:
"I carry my share of used ware - do you by any chance deliver to the local military? If not, I might have a contact for you who would be glad to expand his inventory."
talk think matrix

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #1024 on: <11-01-15/1903:54> »
Maxwell cocked an eyebrow at Yulia's reaction to grog and watched in passive fascination at the interplay between the two.  This is cut short when the white robed ghoul breaks up the engagement and leads him into the clinic with Kynos and the others.  Seeing the chop shop invoked a certain dark humor within Maxwell as he laughs internally at the whole process.  "Ghouls feed well with corpses stacked high and thrown in a heap."  He thought grimly.  His jokes only go so far for he is at least partially impressed at the operation and all.  One could almost say he is proud of the ingenuity and cleverness of the undead that has banded together to form this clinic.  Maxwell didn't have anything to add that Kynos wasn't already asking so he remained quiet. 
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1025 on: <11-01-15/1905:26> »
Athos nods in agreement when Kynos intimates the ghouls can keep the 'link.  He will have no need for it after they get the information from it.  He is not really interested in the used 'ware, but it is always good to have options.  Beyond that, he listens to what the ghouls were saying in response to Kynos' questions.
« Last Edit: <11-01-15/2203:14> by Mercy Merchant »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1026 on: <11-02-15/0104:36> »
Guy say "Grail you say? Perhaps this is his name, I have some drained bodies started arriving at my door step about a month ago, and we caught this condition from one of these drained bodies. There is a vampire alright and somehow people enjoy it when he kills them. He astrally sign them, I have no idea how come people like to be killed so much... I am quite font of a ahem... *living*, but i got a dozen bodies in here and all of them really liked what happened to them. "

He starts browsing the bodies as if they were nothing but 'things' "I knew I put them somewhere" he mumbled and finally he found them, in what used to be a small kitchen there are now six dead bodies, all completely drained. "Have a look, perhaps this beast is the one you are after, definitely a vampire" When you mention the comlink Ben say, "I'll do it,  after a while he say it is a Transis Avalon and the guy who owned it has some very odd sense of entertainment. Many contacts too" he hands you a chip. "It has anything that was on that comlink, be careful with that I just took the memory chip out it may still contain defenses, data bombs and who know what else. There are some videos open and a partial contact list. The rest will require a dedicated decker."

He then takes the head and toss it over the troll hole, "Come play Grot!" he say and you can tell that the big troll his happy with  his new toy. "Thanks for the link" He finally say.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1027 on: <11-02-15/0131:22> »
Athos takes the chip with thanks and puts it in his pocket.  "Thank you.  I know a very good matrix wizard.  But where can we find this Grail or someone named Venom?  Do you have any ideas?  May I look at these bodies to see if I can find out anything?"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1028 on: <11-02-15/0228:32> »
@Athos Guy say "I do not know about this vampire you refer to... I just know there is A vampire as I receive some of his victims. He seemed keen to these heavy with augmentations."

He shows you the bodies, and there is not much left one his missing limbs probobly harvested as cyberarms, the other had it's entire nervous system hacked probobly for augmented reflexes and each body has significant essence damage and traces of many surgeries.
« Last Edit: <11-02-15/0235:49> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1029 on: <11-02-15/0235:33> »
"He likes fast food then. It would be interesting to know where the first bodies were found. There is a chance that at his first appearance here he was pretty hungry and didn't use proper caution - i.e. that he fed close to his nest. It's the beginning of the career that you find the rookie mistakes. I think I'll need more sawdust for that one. It would take only one sip to make me keel over."
Kynos said these words with the same tone other people would recite a shopping list.
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1030 on: <11-02-15/0243:45> »
@Kynos Guy say "We do not know much as to where the bodies come from, we are like the recycle plant for gangers. We usually close the deal on the link using a picture of the body and then they just drop these bodies in here. Recently there are so many bodies that we started paying flat price for anyone augmented. Unless very heavily augmented like yourself. These bodies were no different but since vampires are rare we kept them perhaps there will be more value in them... you see business entrepreneurship

You can have a look if you like but should you have a use for them, they are 5k each...
"

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #1031 on: <11-02-15/0325:01> »
Maxwell had been listening in on the conversation intently.  Dark thoughts brew within his mind at the notion that there might be more than one vampire on the loose in Seattle.  Also wondering what connection is there between Venom, Grail, the Mafia, Yakuza, and the rising dead.  Maxwell was never good at solving riddles or academics, but why should that stop him in his quest for power and glory.  He dismisses these depressing thoughts and decides he should do something useful.  Walking closer to the exsanguinated corpses, he shifts perception to see if any clue has been left behind.

[spoiler]Assensing: 6d6t5 1[/spoiler]

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1032 on: <11-02-15/0449:15> »
@Maxwell if there was any astral signature on these bodies either it is long gone or you are not skilled enough to sense it.  The bodies look dull and plain in the astral plane.

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #1033 on: <11-02-15/0846:00> »
Coughing heavily, Maxwell rubs his forehead in frustration and shifts back to meat space.  "It seems that's all we'll be getting out of this place.  Let's leave and see what's on that chip."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1034 on: <11-02-15/1040:09> »
Athos agrees.  "I think it is time to go back.  Yulia, can you alert Jack and Nagisa that we have a puzzle for them?"