NEWS

Modular Cyberarm Question

• 1 Replies

Darzil

• Omae
« on: <07-15-15/0705:57> »
I have a Decker with Full Cyberarm - nothing too surprising there. I'd like to switch to a modular arm, so I can muck around with having a lower arm for medic duties, for hardware work, or for runs. It's clearly a little pointless, but it has style.

Are my rule interpretations reasonable ?

Start with Full Obvious Arm - 1 essence, 15 capacity.
Bulk up with +4 Bulk rating - now 1 essence, 19 capacity.
Modular Partial Arm  - takes 10 capacity, makes 8 free in arm, no essence change as it's replacing cyber? - now 1 essence, 9 capacity in upper arm, 8 in lower arm.
Transfer max 2 bulk rating from full arm to lower arm - now 1 essence, 7 capacity in upper arm, 10 in lower arm.
Can now get multiple modular bulk 2 lower arms and fit 10 capacity stuff like medkit and toolkit (or cyberdeck+1 armour+large smuggling compartment) in them, with +3 agil, +2 str, +2 armour in the upper arm, at a cost of 13000 per lower arm plus contents.

Of course, it's still a lot more expensive than just a bulked up full obvious arm and a medkit/toolkit bag, with no mechanical advantage.

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <07-15-15/1758:58> »
You need to either get a Modular Cyberarm with -3 Capacity or get a Modular Connector for another .3 Essence. Then you can swap either pieces of your Modular Cyberarm out or swap your entire arm off the Modular Connector. You don't use the Modular Partial Arm inside a regular arm. Go check the Errata thread about Chromed Flesh, we got the designer to full state how this all interacts with each other since it needs more than the 9 sentences it got.