NEWS

Battlecorps does not care about customers?

• 19 Replies

Shadowjack

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« on: <07-09-15/1224:01> »
Every time I order from them they screw me over really badly. I won't bother going into my history with this company but it is bad and I am a big spender. This time around I'm trying to order about $300 worth of books and encountered a shipping error. I waited 2 weeks and still got no reply from support, very standard for this pathetic company. Then I reach out to others that manage to reach them and I finally get a reply telling me my issue will be resolved very shortly. A week later and no response again. They are obviously not even looking at their inbox and don't even care. I don't care how small of a company it is or any other excuse, they are screwing over customers and have been for years. They do not care at all and it is frustrating. All I'm trying to do is order some books from a book company, is that really so complicated? Why must I get screwed over every time and waste 2 to 4 months just to place an order? This is beyond rediculous!

I've read online that some people had to wait more than half a year to get an order processed. What the hell is going on?
Show me your wallet and I'll show you a man with 20 fingers.

adzling

« Reply #1 on: <07-09-15/1232:20> »
I've read similar posts from other folks on this and other boards.

I feel for you.

I order all my Srun products from Drivethrurpg and have had no issues (although admittedly I only buy PDFs now).

Best of luck.

Shadowjack

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <07-09-15/1237:56> »
I've read similar posts from other folks on this and other boards.

I feel for you.

I order all my Srun products from Drivethrurpg and have had no issues (although admittedly I only buy PDFs now).

Best of luck.

Thanks. I normally wouldn't complain but these issues are absurd. A 16 year old high school student working part time could handle these types of issues. This is unacceptable. I feel like I'm practically being forced to convert to PDF only. I just want to relax on my couch and read the hard copy books. They don't even have a phone number, they don't reply to emails, they treated me very poorly in the past and screwed me over severely and tossed a $20 voucher at me and then stopped responding to my emails.

PDF's are great for mid session rules checking and stuff like that but I don't feel they're as fun to read as having the actual book in my hands. I hear that most of the sales these days are PDF and it's not a surprise, this company doesn't even bother to try to sell books. They're running the reputation of the brand into the ground one unsatisfied customer at a time. There are tons of stories like this all over the web. I cringe at the thought of how many players the company has missed out on thanks to this awful company.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #3 on: <07-09-15/1416:48> »
Ouch.

Did you perhaps try to order a book that was only in "pre-order" status?

I know I made that mistake once.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Shadowjack

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <07-09-15/1513:53> »
@Reaver: I tried removing a bunch of stuff but it didn't change anything, unfortuantely. I had to spend 5 hours on another website that kept booting me for some reason lol. Finally I was able to order 6 books from them, meaning I have 3 left to order from Battlecorps. Kind of a shame I had to go to a different website but I can't wait 6 months for a few books :P

Hopefully they'll get back to me before the end of the year so I can get the rest of what I need! :D Btw, hypotheticaly speaking... if I do manage to order Chrome Flesh from Battlecorps any idea when it will be delivered? It's listed in the pre-order section but I can't find any information about when it will be available even though there is a "Buy it now!" button.

Timothy M. Patrick

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <07-09-15/1536:09> »
Have you seen if there are any Game stores that will order it in for you? I find that buying from a local game store often has specials buy X dollars get a discount so in many ways it's cheaper then they are online, plus they do care about your sale.
Co-Host of CriticalGlitch a Shadowrun podcast Criticalglitch.com

Shadowjack

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <07-09-15/1828:30> »
Have you seen if there are any Game stores that will order it in for you? I find that buying from a local game store often has specials buy X dollars get a discount so in many ways it's cheaper then they are online, plus they do care about your sale.

I live in a small town and no gaming store has managed to survive here. I thought about trying Coles to see if they could order for me but didn't try it. Thanks for the idea. Might be worth a shot!

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <07-09-15/2012:27> »
Btw, hypotheticaly speaking... if I do manage to order Chrome Flesh from Battlecorps any idea when it will be delivered? It's listed in the pre-order section but I can't find any information about when it will be available even though there is a "Buy it now!" button.

Per our PMs, trying to see what we can do...as soon as I hear something, I'll let you know.

Regarding availability...much different question. The formal street date hasn't been announced yet...my guess is late Aug or early Sept. However...BattleCorp doesn't always have the product for shipment on the release date...it has been very hit or miss in my experience. :-\

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #8 on: <07-09-15/2209:20> »
I was wondering if the capacity rating on the Junkyard Jaw is a mistake. It's 7 but an obvious cyberskull can only hold 4
I think maybe this ended up in the wrong thread.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #9 on: <07-09-15/2224:15> »
I was wondering where that went. Deleted! (And solved)
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Shadowjack

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <07-10-15/1327:09> »
Btw, hypotheticaly speaking... if I do manage to order Chrome Flesh from Battlecorps any idea when it will be delivered? It's listed in the pre-order section but I can't find any information about when it will be available even though there is a "Buy it now!" button.

Per our PMs, trying to see what we can do...as soon as I hear something, I'll let you know.

Regarding availability...much different question. The formal street date hasn't been announced yet...my guess is late Aug or early Sept. However...BattleCorp doesn't always have the product for shipment on the release date...it has been very hit or miss in my experience. :-\

Again, thanks so much for your help! Thanks for your guess too, it is good to have something to go on.

Dragonborne

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <07-14-15/1107:33> »
I feel your pain ShadowJack.

My fiance and I ordered Run Faster LE and Data Trails LE a couple weeks ago. Instead of sending the books to my specified address as I requested they sent them to my parents house. We have been having a lot of rain lately and my parents are out of town on vacation. So while the books going to the wrong place would be mostly an inconvenience, the rain took care of Run Faster LE since, surprise, nobody was there to receive it. I sent out an e-mail and so far have had no such luck. Most of a week later Data Trails arrived, again to the wrong address, and this time we open up the box to find a standard copy of the game, not the LE we paid for. Another e-mail has been sent and at this time still no reply.

Good times.

I ordered from them directly in order to avoid price hikes from gaming stores and so I could get the LE copies which I love.

Bright side... My search for another way to contact them has lead me here.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <07-14-15/1151:24> »
@Dragonborne - please drop me a PM with the specifics related to your orders and I'll pass them along. I'm assuming that they shipped to your billing address instead to the specified shipping address?

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #13 on: <07-14-15/1209:53> »
AJ,

I have to say, you are the busiest non-employee I have ever seen!

+1 to you sir.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

adzling

« Reply #14 on: <07-14-15/1433:58> »
Agreed, AJ is a credit to the community!

AJ,

I have to say, you are the busiest non-employee I have ever seen!

+1 to you sir.