NEWS

The 'actual' 7th world

• 6 Replies

Lighthouse

• Omae
« on: <07-03-15/1615:10> »
So after posting before about the 7th world and realizing that it would still be the 6th I realized I really like the idea of a Battlerun game. I imagine it the baby of these influences Shadowrun, Battle Tech, Mass effect, Total Recall, War Hammer 40K, Eclipse Phase, Battle star Galactica, Farscape, Firefly, Aliens, and Terminator.

Imagine giant living ships of wood with special awakened trees that emit a manasphrere filled with Elves traveling through the metaplanes to appear back in a star system near Mars. A battle is already raging between Machine Entities and a living insect spirit "ship" a giant insect spirit filled with smaller versions of itself.

Or a small ship with a motley crew trying to avoid the notice of the Empire. It's filled with former criminals turned "salvage" little more than space pirates or interstellar mercenaries. Taking on jobs in the border planets or sneaking into the inner ring not knowing if their next Johnson is going to sell them out.

What do you think? What year would it be to be after a scourge or during but not before the mana is too low? What details stand out in your mind? What do you think the world would be like?

(the reason I was thinking mostly low or mana tech is because of super CFD and  nanites running amok)

"Fish gotta swim You know what I'm sayin." Omar

Lighthouse

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <07-03-15/1620:04> »
Here is my obsidian portal for a game I am planning: https://shadowrun-7th-world.obsidianportal.com/wikis/main-page

Lighthouse

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <07-07-15/1408:53> »
What I have come up with so far is that the PC's are on a prison ship either as crew or a prisoner when the ship is attacked. The PC's have to fight off the attack and then resolve what to do now that the majority of the crew is dead. Then I had some ideas for different backwater planet johnsons sending them on some firefly like missions while they try to keep ahead of the law. What do you think? What do you think the political climate will be like? I am imagining something like Weiland/Utani of Aliens meets firefly. The corps replace the big government but essentially a consortium of the big ten AAA's run the inner planets with the border planets being run by smaller corps or anarchists. They could run shadowruns into the inner planets too, get better sins, licences, etc.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #3 on: <07-07-15/1607:59> »
Lighthouse, you are a wild and crazy guy!
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Lighthouse

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <07-07-15/1733:43> »
Yes, I am crazy because I planned entire story arcs of Chaos War: https://shadowrun-portland.obsidianportal.com/wikis/chronology
before running it and will probably do the same for this one.
« Last Edit: <07-07-15/1735:28> by Lighthouse »

nylanfs

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <07-07-15/1852:30> »

Lighthouse

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <07-07-15/2018:03> »
Yeah, I haven't had a chance to read it yet. Thank you though